Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why was "Showtime (Action)" scrapped as the first single for Tha Carter III?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why was "Showtime (Action)" scrapped as the first single for Tha Carter III?

I found this old article on MTV.com where Lil Wayne discusses the song. Below is an excerpt from the article.

The curtain is just about ready to be raised on Lil Wayne's Tha Carter III LP. Weezy was in Miami on Monday with legendary photographer Jonathan Manion, shooting artwork for the album, and pretty soon he'll be going back in front of the camera to film the first video for the effort. The song is called "Showtime."

"The Carter III is coming in 2008. I don't want to give no months, no date," he said. "I got a gang of singles [on Carter III]. [It's] produced by my homeboy Diesel. He's also a Young Money affiliate. He's down with us. He's a producer/singer/engineer. He does it all. I have my artist featured on the song. Her name is Chanell. We already have a remix featuring Brisco and Lil' Boosie."

He added that for the "Showtime" video, "We're gonna get Gil Green or Benny [Boom] to direct. I really don't know. They're all my brothers. The concept is really 'Showtime,' just performance. Me and my artist Chanell gonna play a lot with the video. It's gonna be very animated but straight to the point. Colorful. Y'all [should be looking] to be entertained."
    SOURCE: Lil Wayne Wrapping Up LP, Writing For Dr. Dre -- But He's Got Mariah Carey On The Brain

Re: Why was "Showtime (Action)" scrapped as the first single for Tha Carter III?

Probably leaked. Or they changed their minds haha.

Action not being the single was the best thing to happen to Wayne's career.

/thread.

protect dunston at all costs

Comment

Re: Why was "Showtime (Action)" scrapped as the first single for Tha Carter III?

Fuck you, this thread isn't over yet.

Comment

Originally posted by k1r92 View Post
        Hmm, I think.. There isn't much to talk about. It was because it leaked or because they made Lollipop which was a whole lot better as a single to promote C3.

Comment

Sooo where is the Action video then? shouldnt they have footage of it? That would be amazing... And Action wasnt even a good enough song for CIII im glad it was scraped
          Instagram: @Jamessrod

Comment

I wanna hear the remix, I couldn't imagine Boosie on that beat lol.
            "Armed and dangerous, rich and famous, young and restless
            Guns and stretchers
            Cristal and dubs for breakfast
            I just got one suggestion - none should test him
            'Cause cuz get hectic; send one through your sons intestines
            Glocks knock lungs from chests, you get the portrait?
            Bodies piled up on porches, it won't be gorgeous"

Comment

Cuz lollipop was better. Seriously, y even make this thread? u already knew the answer u lil fucker lol

Comment

lol @ the hostility. it was better off not on c3 so who cares.

Comment

Originally posted by superman2 View Post
                  Cuz lollipop was better. Seriously, y even make this thread? u already knew the answer u lil fucker lol

this guy lmfao

Comment

i lol'd hard

Comment

Haha all the hostility. Where's that remix or song with boosie n shanell? I'm tryna hear that. Where's the vid too?

Comment

Originally posted by THEREALDJBMURDER View Post
                        Haha all the hostility. Where's that remix or song with boosie n shanell? I'm tryna hear that. Where's the vid too?

theyre not out haha

Comment

Working...
                        X