Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why was "Showtime (Action)" scrapped as the first single for Tha Carter III?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why was "Showtime (Action)" scrapped as the first single for Tha Carter III?

it would have been a great single

and lmao "this thread isnt over yet"

Comment

Re: Why was "Showtime (Action)" scrapped as the first single for Tha Carter III?

from an XXL article talking about all the tracks on CIII. The last sentence pretty much sums it up:
      “Lollipop” feat. Static Major (produced by Jim Jonsin; co-produced by Deezle)
      Jim Jonsin: I originally made the track in a session for Danity Kane. They passed on the record, and I went over and played it for Static. He was working at my studio with Pleasure P from Pretty Ricky. He had the melody within, like, 15 minutes. He had the melody already down and he laid it. He laid the hook. It was probably about 30 minutes he laid the hook and then they came out with the “juicy for you” part and then I sampled their vocals: [sings] “Sh-sh-she lick me like a…” I sampled the little parts in the MPC drum machine and then I sampled the “Call me” and just made it like I was scratching and it was done. Static met up with Wayne and played it for him. We used auto-tune, but with auto-tune, you can’t just sing through it. You gotta know notes. So Wayne’s not just singing through some thing and it makes his voice sound perfect. The way he used it, he did some neat sh*t with it. He was singing all crazy with weird melodies that no one really does.
      Deezle: We recorded it and we were listening back to it after. I looked at Wayne and he was like, “It’s cool.” I said, “Man, I can bring this song home.” I totally re-did the drums and changed the bass line that Jim had. All my drums are harder than most people’s drums. I gave it the bouncy feeling. It was more sedated before. That’s why the people dance like they do when the record comes on. I brought it back to Wayne and he jumped up on the speakers and was excited and started doing the same dances he’s doing in the video and was like, “That’s the next single. I know we’re supposed to do ‘Showtime,’ but we’re going to do this one.”

XXLmag.com -

Comment

K1R92 This Thread Is Over

Lock This Bitch Up

Comment

Originally posted by WeezYIsCraaazY View Post
          K1R92 This Thread Is Over

Lock This Bitch Up
          lmfaoooo

Comment

so crazy that if he released this song, it could have re-written hip hop history. doubt he would have sold a milli first week with c3 if showtime was the lead single instead of lollipop tbh

Comment

I still play this song daily in my car

Comment

Originally posted by LilTunchi View Post
                so crazy that if he released this song, it could have re-written hip hop history. doubt he would have sold a milli first week with c3 if showtime was the lead single instead of lollipop tbh
                great bump friend

Comment

If this song was released as a single today I think it could still be a hit. It's timeless music

Comment

Showtime is awesome but they def made a good move

Comment

you know i like them old i might have your mama with me

Comment

lol what

i thought Wayne recorded C3 completely new because of all the leaks and Lollipop was made after that

Comment

Originally posted by Lil-Waayne View Post
                          lol what

i thought Wayne recorded C3 completely new because of all the leaks and Lollipop was made after that
                          no one knows for sure

Comment

Working...
                          X