Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My take about Weezy's new voice & pitch...please listen.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My take about Weezy's new voice & pitch...please listen.

hey man im trying to listen but i dont hear anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Xclusive View Post
      hey man im trying to listen but i dont hear anything?
      What are you listening to? You don't hear any sound coming from your speakers? lol. Or you do not hear a difference in the voice that i've explained in this thread? (If so, then it is what it is, i've explained all I needed to, I had to get this off my chest, this new squeaky voice thing annoys me, some people will not agree with me and that is fine)
      Murder capital, only key to survive is kill
      If the elements dont murder you the riders will 4 real
      And niggas know I goes hard to the fullest
      Get involved and I got em playin dodge ball with bullets

Comment

whatever his voice was on no ceilings is what I want to hear on c4

Comment

Originally posted by sPiR1Tualll x View Post
          Hmm,I see what you are talking about.

You also have to take notice that the unreleased version of Wasted being played wasn't a CDQ mp3,it was only a recording.That high-pitch is still there in both of them but it's more clearer when it's CDQ.But yeah,I agree I like that Drought 3,C2,C3 Weezy better too.I'm patiently waiting to see what he brings to C4 after he gets released.
          The altered pitch by the engineers in the final mastered version is still absolutely distinguishable and overwhelmingly evident when compared to the recording (even if its not CDQ), and I know on some notes Weezy hits a higher pitch on the regular & natural, but not to the extent these new releases are altered to.

Comment

Originally posted by gaurang View Post
            whatever his voice was on no ceilings is what I want to hear on c4
            Thats cool bro, but I like how Weezy spit natural murda till 2008/2009 xD

And the funny part is that I like when Wayne does a song in pure AUTOTUNE (examples: prostitute 2, demolition freestyles ect) I just dont like when its altered to crispy and squeaky, eliminating what makes Wayne "Weezy" F Baby.

Comment

Either way to me its still Wayne and it might not be the engineers its prob jus Wayne. Wayne's higher pitched voice does not make me like his music less.

Comment

Originally posted by lunatick90 View Post
                Here it is:

UNALTERED BY THE ENGINEERS "WASTED" WEEZY REMIX JUST AFTER HIS VERSE WAS RECORDED:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqw7tXOmnwc[/youtube]

"WASTER" REMIX MASTERED, FINAL VERSION:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5uUS3gSWtQ[/youtube]

Use a few cotton swabs and clean your ears well, listen carefully, and compare.
                they edit it in the recording studio, obviously.

Comment

I agree, but maybe he wants his voice like that.. It sounds stupid IMO.
                  Made by me BISH!

"Me and them rappers don't share a common ground, I'm a sphere, they are squares, they can't even come aROUND. - Wale.

"All my niggas loyal yeah we some different niggas, I heard ya dogs was talking they Brian Griffin niggas."

Step towards this nigga get 4X2.

Comment

His voice is higher because he got off the syrup and he's not a zombie in the booth anymore. PERIOD. Listen to "I'm A Monster (ft Luda)" he was leanin when he recorded that, then listen to Banned From TV" from No Ceilings, he was off the codeine then and since then i'm pretty sure.

"Welcome to the murder show, I am the motherfuckin host"

Comment

Ok, he definitely does something to his voice.
                      Listen to the Wasted links posted above... it has nothing to do with the syrup. AT all.
                      Also, I'm PRAYING Aint Me was recorded in 2010... if it wasn't, not good.
                      Because that is the best song off the album.
                      But I don't like the high pitch thing.. I just think he was sick of his regular voice.
                      But I think he needs critism. People need to tell him what they want and hopefully from the 1,000,000 pages of letters, he gets it.
                      IANAHB was sick, don't get me wrong.. it was so sick but play C3 or even Drought 3 and compare....
                      Tha Carter Franchise <3

Comment

Re: My take about Weezy's new voice &amp; pitch...please listen.

There have been alot of threads with discussions bout his new pitch, and I don't really care. Yes I think we all like the old hard spittin Wayne more, but still.. I don't have a problem with his new shit. It could be nice though, if he just stopped with all that voice-fixer shit..

Comment

Re: My take about Weezy's new voice &amp; pitch...please listen.

I feel like his flow and sound is very similar to this song,

YouTube - Lil Wayne - Pray to the lord

which is from the drought 3 if Im not mistaken so yeah he is definitely getting back to his rawness, but then you got songs like whats wrong with them with nicki and I hate his flow in that

Comment

Working...
                          X