Why do you like Lil Wayne?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you like Lil Wayne?

The reason why i like wayne so music is cause honestly when i am blazzin i listen to him and his beats a lyrics get to me and some of them make perfect sense, but when i am sober i cant really listen to wayne and enjoy it but ill still listen.

Anyone else like this? Or just tell me why you like wayne .

Re: Why do you like Lil Wayne?

He's different from most rappers, wordplay wise. Plus his style and work-ethnic kills me lol.
    I don't smoke anymore, so i never heard his music high. Drunk, yes. But not high.

Comment

This is why I like Wayne: Hip Hop Poetry: Lil Wayne's Play, But Not Always With Words | Simone's Oasis

I would explain it all, but that guy did a better job of it than I could lol

"Mind so sharp I fuck around and cut my head off"
      http://spontaneousoverflow.com/wordpress/?p=1673

Comment

Why do I like Wayne?

His lyrics are so different from other peoples. His voice rings supreme. He is really a great rapper!

Comment

Originally posted by CoMau View Post
          The reason why i like wayne so music is cause honestly when i am blazzin i listen to him and his beats a lyrics get to me and some of them make perfect sense, but when i am sober i cant really listen to wayne and enjoy it but ill still listen.

Anyone else like this? Or just tell me why you like wayne .

Hell yeah, I feel the same way.
          but I like wayne beacause of his his persona and I can relate to him.

Comment

but I like wayne beacause of his his persona and I can relate to him.
            Boom. Agreed.

Comment

No one else was making good music 3-4 years ago.

Comment

Work ethic. You have to like someone who works as hard as he does. His music isn't bad either
                Made by me BISH!

"Me and them rappers don't share a common ground, I'm a sphere, they are squares, they can't even come aROUND. - Wale.

"All my niggas loyal yeah we some different niggas, I heard ya dogs was talking they Brian Griffin niggas."

Step towards this nigga get 4X2.

Comment

But uhhhh, His work ethic, wordplay, personality, and his music is dope.

#BestRapperAlive

Comment

His Music Is Off The Chain He Siwtches His Style's Up He Is Not Afraid To Experiment His Wordplay Is Almost Non-Understandable It Is That Good.

#BestRapperEver...

Comment

Originally posted by YoungTune. View Post
                      His work ethic, wordplay, personality, and his music is dope.
                      Reason why he is my favorite rapper.^

Comment

He is like no other. His personality, his image, his flow(s), his lyrics, his voice, his work ethic, his creativity, the way he dares to be different, the way he is confident enough to call himself the best and prove it, the way he gives so much to other artists, the way he got YM up, his business expertees, the fact that he has an organisation to just help kids etc., his genuine love for his fans, his attitude, the way hes misunderstood. Hes just Lil Wayne man, I just love him too much and obviously not in a gay typa way. Hes an icon like Prince and that.

Edit: I love that write up Wolverine posted.
                        And this was brilliant:
                        4. The word “narrative” has come up a few times. Narrative comes from narrare, which is O.G. for to tell a story. “Fly, go hard like geese erection” is brilliant. But it’s not a story, and it’s barely a sentence, and the next verse (to my ears) is “fashion patrol, police detection/ Eyes stay tight like Chinese connection.” But maybe that’s not the best part of “Dr. Carter” to bring up if you want to talk about the few and fabulous times Lil Wayne stays on point. As I said last time, this is my favorite rap song on the album, key word being “rap song.” There’s an overarching theme (Wayne is a doctor who operates on rappers), the theme is roughly but not dogmatically adhered to, and Wayne allows himself plenty flights of fancy and dead-end tangent-chasing. That’d be enough for me. But this is why the song is brilliant. As Josh pointed out, Wayne is a terrible doctor. Each verse, he starts out focused, but as he continues the operation, he becomes distracted by his own tangents, as if catching his own reflection in the stainless steel of his scalpels. His first two patients die. Wayne sends up his own vanity, critiques his own style. As in “Phone Home,” he preempts all criticism. He’s a doctor. You can’t read his writing. What’s implicit is that: Sometimes neither can he. Notice that the only patient he saves is Hip-Hop herself. The same thing happens as the first two verses — Wayne loses himself in the tangents — but this time he catches himself and focuses back on the task at hand: “Wait! As I put the light down his throat/ I can only see flow/ His blood starting to flow/ His lungs starting to grow/ This one starting to show/ Strong signs of life/ Where the stitches, here’s the knife/ Smack his face, his eyes open/ I reply with a nice welcome back/ Hip-Hop, I saved your life.”
                        Last edited by KnockMeOut; 11-19-2010, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X