X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Tha Carter IV Discussion Thread

Originally posted by sai93 View Post
    i think drake wrote the new single
    Lol this doesn't even sound like Drake, if you said "I'm Single" then you'd have a better case.

Comment

Originally posted by sai93 View Post
      i think drake wrote the new single
      based on what? Good lord, just because it's a 'singing' song by a rapper doesn't mean Drake wrote it. This song is very much a Lil Wayne song....

Comment

Idk why people keep saying they wanted the single to be Like Lollipop or Got Money? He already did those songs why would you want something like that again?
        How to Love is so good, because its so different than what were used to hearing from Wayne, which to me shows growth, and that makes me way more excited then any banger could have.

C4 gonna be amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by JAYRMe View Post
          Idk why people keep saying they wanted the single to be Like Lollipop or Got Money? He already did those songs why would you want something like that again?
          How to Love is so good, because its so different than what were used to hearing from Wayne, which to me shows growth, and that makes me way more excited then any banger could have.

C4 gonna be amazing.
          this may be a bad comparison but its relevant. people need to stop comparing C4 to C3 with the type of tracks and what they want. Hangover 2 came out today and it was not nearly as good as the first...why? because it was the exact same type of thing. Sure, it was still really good, but hangover was a game changer for comedy bc there were never jokes like that...C3 was a success because of the diversity of songs on there. hangover 2 would have been so much better if the jokes didnt basically match the exact same thing they did in the first one...it was just like a worse hangover. C4 doesnt need to have a better A Millie, or more sugared up lollipop...it needs to have the first 6"7" and first How to Love and first whatever to which those songs will be compared to every other song that comes out in the next year by other artists.

hope that comparison kinda makes sense
          Cole World: The Sideline Story
          September 27, 2011

Comment

Although I do like the single pretty much, and I'm sure it will be a mainstream hit, I'm kinda dissapointed that this is the first & only full Wayne post-jail song we have gotten (Pretty sure of that atleast, I don't count Green & Yellow as it's another guys beat, and idk when you da shit was recorded)

Comment

Originally posted by ... View Post
              Although I do like the single pretty much, and I'm sure it will be a mainstream hit, I'm kinda dissapointed that this is the first & only full Wayne post-jail song we have gotten (Pretty sure of that atleast, I don't count Green & Yellow as it's another guys beat, and idk when you da shit was recorded)
              i hate love. we back soon
              September 27, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by WeezyFBaby30 View Post
                i hate love. we back soon
                Those aren't confirmed as pre or post jail.

Comment

how to love is soft as hell. i was hoping to see some news saying that it wasn't an official single. yes, it's got an alright tune, but nothing for me to add to my itunes.
                  http://scroogemcdope.tumblr.com/
                  if you're on tumblr, follow my blog & i'll follow back!

Comment

oh my bad then i thought they were
                    September 27, 2011

Comment

Just checked twitter updates on Lil Wayne and EVERYBODY Loves the song, they all use the term "Love" C4 doin a milli? i think so
                      The Greatest Basketball Player In The Game Today
                      LeBron James
                      #UNSTOPABLE

Comment

Gettin Money is the only time life makes sense.. $$$

Comment

IMO

6'7" = Just Wayne flowing for fun
                          John = More for the dudes. Especially for those who have the speaker systems in their car.
                          How To Love = For the ladies

He really has covered all the areas, so all they need to do is drop the whole album.

Comment

Working...
                          X