Lil Wayne's flow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lil Wayne's flow

Its seem as if his raps aren't flowing properly, like the transition from one line to the other. I started noticing it

during last spring or before that on "I don't like the look of it" prior to that WAYM was released and I think his

flow and lyrics were on point, and even before that No Ceilings was great. If you listen to all his older material it

goes so smooth and you can never tell where you're at in the song if you know what I mean, but now it's like

ugh this doesn't sound that good at this point in the song. I think the countinous raping lines he uses like "You

ain't eating" or "Pockets On" (even though he was on point with that on his last couple of songs) it messes the

song up(imo). Also IANAHB was alright for the most part, since there was too many features you couldn't really

analyze it as an individual song. It has improved from last summer, but im hoping for a solo post prison song

with 3 verses to see how it is. His lyrics are amazing but when you add in that smooth flow I think Wayne is a

genious.

What are you opinions on his flow changing?

Excuses my grammar mistakes I wrote this really quickly, i'll edit it later if its too fucked

Re: Lil Wayne's flow

his flow has gotten nicer... ever since he has been sober.

Comment

That is exactly what made Wayne great....how he could flow on every track....I agree with the comments made about pockets so fat...or beat the beat up....
      Mississippi x California x North Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by theeaglesfan005 View Post
        his flow has gotten nicer... ever since he has been sober.
        I dont agree with you on that but would you say his versus right before he went to jail were nop notch?

Originally posted by Cli-City View Post
        That is exactly what made Wayne great....how he could flow on every track....I agree with the comments made about pockets so fat...or beat the beat up....
        Yea like those type of lines just dont flow properly in the other thread about chris brown some guy talked about that "ride on you, call taht shit shawn white" along with the other tracks like "you ain't eating" , but the second line "im high all day call that shit a long flight" sounds in sync which makes the song much better.

Comment

Originally posted by gaurang View Post
          I dont agree with you on that but would you say his versus right before he went to jail were nop notch?

Yea like those type of lines just dont flow properly in the other thread about chris brown some guy talked about that "ride on you, call taht shit shawn white" along with the other tracks like "you ain't eating" , but the second line "im high all day call that shit a long flight" sounds in sync which makes the song much better.
          i think you mean top notch... but yes... i agree they were nice... im just saying its even better now

Comment

Hustle hard would liek to have a word with you..

His flow is top notch since he got out. The only time it was questionable is on INAHB

What comes easy, won't Last. What Lasts won't come easy.

Comment

Nevermind you're right all the features were on point, the only problem I had was 6"7" with the "Syncronized swimmers" line and I wasn't to fond of how he ended his last verse.

and yea you're right theeaglesfan005, his flow did improve drasticallyl since last summer, but I still have to say I enjoyed his 07-08 flow more. Who knows that might change in a few songs.

BTW "Bill Gates" was meant for C4 and he was consistent with his flow throught the song, lol imma sleep easier knowing C4 wont be like those old versus...

Comment

Nevermind you're right all the features were on point, the only problem I had was 6"7" with the "Syncronized swimmers" line and I wasn't to fond of how he ended his last verse.

and yea you're right theeaglesfan005, his flow did improve drasticallyl since last summer, but I still have to say I enjoyed his 07-08 flow more. Who knows that might change in a few songs.

BTW "Bill Gates" was meant for C4 and he was consistent with his flow throught the song, lol imma sleep easier knowing C4 wont be like those old versus...
                what didnt you like about the syncronized swimmers line?

Comment

So misunderstood but whats the world without enigma
                  two bitches at the same time sycronized swimmers

Dunno just not feeling it, it feels so random and out of place

Theres other lines he uses with the same rhyming scheme , but they are more ear pleasing.

Comment

So misunderstood but whats the world without enigma
                    two bitches at the same time sycronized swimmers

Dunno just not feeling it, it feels so random and out of place

Theres other lines he uses with the same rhyming scheme , but they are more ear pleasing.
                    an enigma is a riddle... he is misunderstood
                    two bitches are better then 1.. they both go under... like swimming

Comment

sober wayne >>>>>>>>>>>>>
                      ____________________________________________________________

"keep talkin and the flame leap off the hip and keep sparkin pap pap sleep softly"

Comment

Noooo I understand the lines lol, but I just dont like how he placed it or worded it. I think the line is great I mean Lil Wayne spits punch line after punch line and it still flows right? That's whats so sick about him how he can manipulate lines and such to make them sound great, but he was slacking on it last summer and yea I don't know I just got that feeling again...none the less the song is amazing
                        Last edited by gaurang; 01-21-2011, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X