Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wayne got weaaaak, yo.

Originally posted by thebeastfromNC View Post
    Does anyone else agree? Like I honestly don't even listen to Wayne anymore. He used to be my favorite. But he is just off now.
    This is what I have been saying. I get flamed when I say it lol. I seriously only listen to Hustle Hard, Money In My Pocket, and then all old Wayne.... If I'm listening to him. Even before he went to jail he started getting weak as fuck.

protect dunston at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by THP850 View Post
      This is what I have been saying. I get flamed when I say it lol. I seriously only listen to Hustle Hard, Money In My Pocket, and then all old Wayne.... If I'm listening to him. Even before he went to jail he started getting weak as fuck.
      was about to write this but then expected ppl to start buggin the fuck out

Comment

I used to listen to a Wayne tracks for over 1000 times without getting bored, but the shit he's been putting out I haven't felt it one bit. The closet song to get over 300 plays was Hustle Hard, I hated 6'7', Fire Flame was decent. To be fair Lil Wayne hasn't dropped a song w/ just him (Wait I forgot Green and Yellow) anyways so after he drops a couple more songs with a verse longer than 1.5 minutes or a full song i'll then judge him. I think it's a bit premature to judge him w/ the features he's been on and material he has released.

Comment

I don't think he has gotten weak. I just think he does week stuff. Like the rockish songs. I can't stand those. They're just stupid and annoying to me. But he shows he still has it with Hustle Hard, Money In My Pocket, and those types of songs. So nah he hasn't gotten weak. He just does some whack shit.

Comment

Originally posted by CwayneFtw10 View Post
            I don't think he has gotten weak. I just think he does week stuff. Like the rockish songs. I can't stand those. They're just stupid and annoying to me. But he shows he still has it with Hustle Hard, Money In My Pocket, and those types of songs. So nah he hasn't gotten weak. He just does some whack shit.
            What do you mean rockish songs? Over 40 songs/versus dropped after rebirth and the closest song i'd consider rockish would be "I Am Not A Human Being" and I actually loved that song.

Dude look back to 2007-2008 listen to those songs...I guess its even worse if you were into his original material from way back which is supposedly his "best".

Comment

he's working hard on C4

he's doing lots of features to stay relevant, he aint gonna be rapping about his jail sentence on someone elses song, he's saving that stuff for his album

right now he's just having fun and enjoying himself

remember the man was in jail for 8 months, give him a break he's gonna drop some classic shit soon enough, well will all be pleased

Comment

Wayne is at his best when he sticks to one subject the whole song imo. Because then he can stick to the point of the song but incorporate all of his punchlines to one subject. The best song on INAHB I think was "With You" because he was on track. He wasn't all over just spitting random metaphors that don't even make sense sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Xclusive View Post
                  give him a break he's gonna drop some classic shit soon enough, well will all be pleased
                  I was expecting that a week after he was released, but then again some people were really pleased with 6'7'

Comment

his fanbase is so widely spread apart.... if you took a survey of fans, casual fans, etc etc. i think we'd see c1/c2 as the top. c3 would come in third, and i'm sure some ppl in the world like ianahb and rebirth better than the carters. the reach is so large and includes rap/r&b/rock, and he has to know this, and thats the reason he keeps doing things others hate/not feel, cuz others are waiting for it, or want more of it. and i think thats partially his curse and his greatness, he'll be ridiculed for doing it by the ones that dont like it, but he'll be respected by the ones that do like a particular style.

Theres no way i like his rebirth/ianahb/c3 stuff better than c2/c1... but i'm not gonna hold it against him either. to remain as wildly popular as he was and remains currently, he has to do that.

To me, he's one of few, if not the only artist who can extend himself to such widespread genres/sounds, and still be successful. pretty damn successful.

just my thoughts on it, please dont attack me. this is my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Kronnick View Post
                      his fanbase is so widely spread apart.... if you took a survey of fans, casual fans, etc etc. i think we'd see c1/c2 as the top. c3 would come in third, and i'm sure some ppl in the world like ianahb and rebirth better than the carters. the reach is so large and includes rap/r&b/rock, and he has to know this, and thats the reason he keeps doing things others hate/not feel, cuz others are waiting for it, or want more of it. and i think thats partially his curse and his greatness, he'll be ridiculed for doing it by the ones that dont like it, but he'll be respected by the ones that do like a particular style.

Theres no way i like his rebirth/ianahb/c3 stuff better than c2/c1... but i'm not gonna hold it against him either. to remain as wildly popular as he was and remains currently, he has to do that.

To me, he's one of few, if not the only artist who can extend himself to such widespread genres/sounds, and still be successful. pretty damn successful.

just my thoughts on it, please dont attack me. this is my opinion.
                      Couldn't have said it better

All I have in this world is a pistol and a promise!

Comment

Originally posted by gaurang View Post
                        What do you mean rockish songs? Over 40 songs/versus dropped after rebirth and the closest song i'd consider rockish would be "I Am Not A Human Being" and I actually loved that song.

Dude look back to 2007-2008 listen to those songs...I guess its even worse if you were into his original material from way back which is supposedly his "best".
                        I listen to his 2006-Carter III stuff mostly. Can A Drummer Get Some is rockish and so is Rock N Roll. I Am Not A Human Being was a pretty dumb song for me lol I honestly didn't like anything on IANAHB except Bill Gates, Hold Up, and Right Above It wasn't bad. Fuck the rest of it. I understand that he is widening his fan base. But I still don't like him doing weird shit.

Comment

Originally posted by THP850 View Post
                          this, this, this.

---------- Post added at 06:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 AM ----------

Originally posted by VicBeatz View Post
                          Wayne is at his best when he sticks to one subject the whole song imo. Because then he can stick to the point of the song but incorporate all of his punchlines to one subject. The best song on INAHB I think was "With You" because he was on track. He wasn't all over just spitting random metaphors that don't even make sense sometimes
                          and this.
                          http://scroogemcdope.tumblr.com/
                          if you're on tumblr, follow my blog & i'll follow back!

Comment

Working...
                          X