Eminem vs Wayne?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sharpes View Post
    Eminem has a bigger fan base. Em also doesn’t throw tantrums and turn up to shows late then leave early.
    worldwide he does
    but not in the usa

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer View Post

off topic but i know how much you defend wayne with everything. do you defend him for turning up late to his last two shows and leaving early leaving fans with no refunds?
      Him being late is bad. I just don't constantly talk about negative things
      Don't get too high to look over blessings

Comment

Originally posted by danielnfl36 View Post

You def caught what I was getting at, Thanks for adding the breakdowns. It's just weird how Wayne did more for the culture, impacted more artists, has been on everyone's song and somehow it's just way below Eminem. Although I'd argue Wayne has made more quotable / known songs.

I do think the white aspect has something to do with the numbers.

It's just weird how being white really is the difference maker. (I'm white)
        Yea race plays a huge factor especially worldwide. (Even if people dont want to admit that). Like in China they hide black people from movie covers like Starwars and Black Panther. If Eminem was black his numbers would be way less.

Comment

Originally posted by back on my bullish*t View Post

worldwide he does
          but not in the usa
          In USA to tbh. Unless you want to distinguish between stans and fans. Eminem stanbase/fanbase is way stronger. Wayne has more casual listeners.

Comment

Originally posted by danielnfl36 View Post
            Why does Eminem get more plays than Wayne on his newer stuff? I feel like Wayne constantly makes great content and Eminem is just really boring these days.
            His last album was 2020 a week before Funeral dropped. It did 279K first week compared to Funeral's 139K.
            The week the deluxe dropped, it did an additional 94K, compared to 9K for Funeral the week the deluxe dropped.
            Em dropped a greatest hits compilation in 2022 of his 2009+ hits which did 43K first week, compared to Lil Wayne's 2004+ hits release which did like 25K.

Eminem is clearing Wayne in sales, first week and overall, in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Shake View Post

What was the last thing Em dropped?

His last album was 2020 a week before Funeral dropped. It did 279K first week compared to Funeral's 139K.
              The week the deluxe dropped, it did an additional 94K, compared to 9K for Funeral the week the deluxe dropped.
              Em dropped a greatest hits compilation in 2022 of his 2009+ hits which did 43K first week, compared to Lil Wayne's 2004+ hits release which did like 25K.

Eminem is clearing Wayne in sales, first week and overall, in the US.​

Comment

Originally posted by martian master View Post

Eminem is clearing Wayne in sales, first week and overall, in the US.​
                to be fair Eminem clears everyone except Drake. Also Kanye, Drake, Jay, Kendrick, J. Cole, Travis, Future, Lil Baby, Lil Uzi also clears Wayne nowadays. Back in the day 50, Game, Kanye, Ludacris, T.I. did more numbers than Wayne pre C3

Comment

Originally posted by when_it_snow_im_on_top View Post

Yea race plays a huge factor especially worldwide. (Even if people dont want to admit that). Like in China they hide black people from movie covers like Starwars and Black Panther. If Eminem was black his numbers would be way less.
                  Doesn't representation go both ways though? Im listening to black people for almost as long as I can think but many of my white brethren identify with Eminem when they couldnt care less for hip-hop as a whole. They aren't necessarily racist for that. Just as black people aren't racist for wanting to be represented in media and politics etc by people that look like them.
                  German dude commenting on race issues out

Comment

Originally posted by Zodiac! View Post
                    Doesn't representation go both ways though? Im listening to black people for almost as long as I can think but many of my white brethren identify with Eminem when they couldnt care less for hip-hop as a whole. They aren't necessarily racist for that. Just as black people aren't racist for wanting to be represented in media and politics etc by people that look like them.
                    It's not about being racist, it's moreso the thought Em has success that he's white. (I think that's crazy as a white person)

Comment

Originally posted by mania983 View Post

to be fair Eminem clears everyone except Drake. Also Kanye, Drake, Jay, Kendrick, J. Cole, Travis, Future, Lil Baby, Lil Uzi also clears Wayne nowadays.
                      first week he does a lot cause his stans BUY but Drake, Cole, Travis, and lil uzi, Kanye both did still more first week. Overall, everyone you named but Jayz**, kendrick** and jcole** last album outsold mtbmb overall. Obviously only talking USA though.

**jayz last was 2017 not fair comparison imo, i think with deluxe eminem past kendrick and coles overall but without it it didnt.

Comment

Originally posted by Zodiac! View Post
                        I mean theres more white people in USA by a large margin but also fewer good white rappers so they arent as split. Im not saying eminem is only successful because hes white but decent music plus being white took him to a level unattainable by black rappers especially globally.

Another example is NF he doing crazy numbers without being in "rap culture".

Im not saying its racist. Its just people tend to like people who look like them same way black people tend to support black movies more.

Comment

Em's fanbase is more global

Comment

Working...
                          X