Eminem vs Wayne?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eminem vs Wayne?

Why does Eminem get more plays than Wayne on his newer stuff? I feel like Wayne constantly makes great content and Eminem is just really boring these days.

Originally posted by danielnfl36 View Post
    Why does Eminem get more plays than Wayne on his newer stuff? I feel like Wayne constantly makes great content and Eminem is just really boring these days.
    that’s a personal opinion.

Comment

because Eminem is sooo much bigger and relevant than Wayne, that's why

Comment

Eminem has a bigger fan base. Em also doesn’t throw tantrums and turn up to shows late then leave early.

Comment

we are biased on here. eminem fans will think the opposite. jay z fans will also disagree with both

Comment

Originally posted by Lil wayne prezident View Post

that’s a personal opinion.
            its a fact
            Don't get too high to look over blessings

Comment

What are you referring to? Just want to see what you looking at as a reference.

Eminem is white and is bigger globally. Plus he actually has a strong fanbase that supports his music. Just look online there are so many eminem fanpages. I would say if you just looking at US rap fans and take away Eminem and Wayne fans then Wayne would be bigger. The average casual rap listener in the US doesn't like Eminem.

2020:
              MTBMB did 279k with 117k being pure sales.
              Funeral did 139k with 38k being pure sales. If we as a fanbase did 117k pure sales Funeral wouldve done 228k.

2018:
              Tha Carter 5 did 480k with 140k pure sales (340k steaming units) C5 dropped months later and sold 1.5 million before Kamikaze.
              Kamikaze did 434k with 252k pure sales (182k streaming units)
              Eminem pure sales so high cause his fanbase just way stronger.
              Don't get too high to look over blessings

Comment

Say what you will about Eminem. Overwhelming and technical to a fault but ... there's always a lot going on in his verses with the multi syllables and wordplay and punchlines and if you're into deep diving into rap lyrics and disecting them then he is still someone to check out. On top of that he stopped screaming after Revival or after Kamikaze and has a very chill and composed delivery these days (for the most part)
                Wayne on the other hand shot himself in the foot with Funeral and NC3

Comment

Originally posted by when_it_snow_im_on_top View Post

its a fact
                  off topic but i know how much you defend wayne with everything. do you defend him for turning up late to his last two shows and leaving early leaving fans with no refunds?

Comment

What was the last thing Em dropped?

Comment

Originally posted by when_it_snow_im_on_top View Post

What are you referring to? Just want to see what you looking at as a reference.

Eminem is white and is bigger globally. Plus he actually has a strong fanbase that supports his music. Just look online there are so many eminem fanpages. I would say if you just looking at US rap fans and take away Eminem and Wayne fans then Wayne would be bigger. The average casual rap listener in the US doesn't like Eminem.

2020:
                      MTBMB did 279k with 117k being pure sales.
                      Funeral did 139k with 38k being pure sales. If we as a fanbase did 117k pure sales Funeral wouldve done 228k.

2018:
                      Tha Carter 5 did 480k with 140k pure sales (340k steaming units) C5 dropped months later and sold 1.5 million before Kamikaze.
                      Kamikaze did 434k with 252k pure sales (182k streaming units)
                      Eminem pure sales so high cause his fanbase just way stronger.
                      You def caught what I was getting at, Thanks for adding the breakdowns. It's just weird how Wayne did more for the culture, impacted more artists, has been on everyone's song and somehow it's just way below Eminem. Although I'd argue Wayne has made more quotable / known songs.

I do think the white aspect has something to do with the numbers.

It's just weird how being white really is the difference maker. (I'm white)

Comment

Originally posted by Shake View Post

What was the last thing Em dropped?
                        I'm talking about his overall streaming numbers, but the last thing I heard by Em was off that DJ Khaled album, I heard his last albums. a handful of recent singles too. I prefer Airplanes Eminem and Forever (Wayne/Drake/Kanye) Eminem for reference.

Comment

Working...
                        X