Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sharpes View Post

Look at the promo around Kat Food.

It wasn’t meant to be a throwaway until all the negative feedback it got.

Talk about being a yes man, you would be worse than Mack and Tez.
    I MEAN THEY GOT THE NFL INVOVLED. no way in hell it was a throwaway lol... strange to think otherwise tbh.

Comment

Just wish he showed some emotion in his voice again really. Some inflection now and then at least!

Comment

Originally posted by TyIquan View Post
        lol boo hoo gahdamn yaw niggaz still miserable

Kat Food is a throwaway and 2 Chainz is a vibe

listen or don't
        Like seriously. Lwhq forum is just solid negativity and overdramatic reactions to everything, it's weird. I don't see this level of whining anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockMeOut View Post
          Like seriously. Lwhq forum is just solid negativity and overdramatic reactions to everything, it's weird. I don't see this level of whining anywhere else.
          Lmao I do agree but every one is entitled to their opinion. Me tho I try to spew positivity. Usually when I see over critical opinions of Wayne’s new music I usually ask myself what does this person expect to hear from Wayne. What version of wayne are they looking for? For example mixtape wayne with every line is fire bar. Melodic wayne where he still spits fire but has more rhythm to his flow. Auto tune wayne singing his ass off….. a lot of ppl tend to only like one style of Wayne.
          my friend (who recognizes Wayne as the best rapper ever but his fav is j.Cole) he says he won’t listen to Wayne unless it’s one of those classic “seeing green type verses” so I was like you basically just boxed him in a corner because obviously no matter how great wayne is, every verse will not be that.

And obviously we are in a new era of Wayne so if you don’t like I suggest you stay in the Carter 2 era or whatever you prefer from Wayne.

but me personally I don’t like when he raps over boom bap beats and ride the same flow the whole song À La the Nas feature. Even tho he killed that MF it’s just not my vibe but I wouldn’t say “he’s better than that” or he’s “falling off”.

Comment

There is a difference with wanting Lil Wayne to rap as great as he can do and not be a Stan for anything he drops.

Or else he will release Kat Food and Presha singles all the time.

Its no coincidence those singles flopped.

However hopefully Long Story Short does well because wayne is rapping well on it.

Comment

lets stop the hating and all come together for weezy wee

xxx

Comment

Originally posted by danielnfl36 View Post
                Prefacing this post with this: Been a Wayne fan for more than a decade so this post comes from a place with a lot of attachment to his career and his artwork. The old stuff for the most part is still great to me. So it's not a matter of me not liking his music anymore. I'm still very much a passionate Wayne fan. but I am not a fan of what he is bringing to the table right now.

It's not too late to scrap this album. If this song is any indication of what Wayne has going on mentally and musically.. I just don't think he needs to blemish his career with it. I had initial hype for fix before vi. but honestly that was HORRIBLE. and If C6 sounds anything like that or what the new CG2 song sounds like I just don't want it.

If we're being honest, Wayne sounds bored. he sounds tired and disinterested more than ever. And not in the way he did in 2013.

earlier this year he talked about how AI could never be him, he sounds like he has less emotion than AI actually would. and that is a BAD thing.

For the most part his features have been great this year. Maybe that's because people are paying him to be on their song and he wants to respect them but when it comes to his own music, he sounds so uninvested that I genuinely think he only does it because it's what he knows how to do.

We do see him being on tv more with interviews, but he's always been trained for PR and related things.

I think Wayne is phoning it in when it comes to his career because there is pressure with his legacy.

While some might not quite agree, I genuinely do think there is pressure to still deliver and be great, even if he has lost the desire to.

But because the desire seems gone, it's a shell of what we've come to love and expect.

In closing, Nobody wanted to see Jordan and Kobe go out missing shots and being unable to score 20 points a game. And I think Wayne is getting to the point of not being able to score and play like he used to. Like Kobe did in his final year. Wayne can still have a big game if you push him to, but I don't think he's got the love for the game at this point of his career.

do you like Collegrove 2

Comment

dw people are dropping off the forum as wayne keeps on dropping complete ass on top of ass and in no time this forum will be full on stans who eat up anything there given
                  unfortunately constructive feedback is too much for you fanboys so thats why wayne can feel like he can do no wrong and can drop a trainwreck disaster of a song like "kat food" and still be relevant in the music conversation

#FREEVELVET

Comment

Originally posted by Zimmie View Post

dw people are dropping off the forum as wayne keeps on dropping complete ass on top of ass and in no time this forum will be full on stans who eat up anything there given
                    unfortunately constructive feedback is too much for you fanboys so thats why wayne can feel like he can do no wrong and can drop a trainwreck disaster of a song like "kat food" and still be relevant in the music conversation
                    You don't know what constructive criticism is.

Comment

Originally posted by Lil wayne prezident View Post

do you like Collegrove 2
                      I've thought about making a thread. I like 1 song. the rest are okay - bad. I didn't like many of the songs on the first one. Oprah is the song I do like. the rest sound very dated and often cringe. I know some of these are old songs like Oprah. but to me... this and the fix before vi have made me feel like it's not the time for Tha Carter Vi.

Comment

That's because this is the main place to talk about Wayne. you're cherry picking the idea that you're not seeing stuff elsewhere because this is literally the place to talk about it. smh.

Comment

Originally posted by YaBoyInThe505 View Post
                          Just wish he showed some emotion in his voice again really. Some inflection now and then at least!
                          one of my main complaints post fwa.

Comment

Working...
                          X