Be honest.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Be honest.

We can't know nothin' for sure before C4 drops, but as of now, then yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Nethurrr View Post
      I agree, but the album was rockish. All in all it is alternative rock.
      I would call it alternative Hip Hop before rock though, its kinda like how Limp Bizkit was, but without a band, and Wayne had more potential with the product.

Comment

I do miss the '07-'08 Lil Wayne though.

Comment

Originally posted by ABjerg View Post
          We can't know nothin' for sure before C4 drops, but as of now, then yes.
          We got a mixtape, that was supposed to be for the fans that was presumably bad, but I am anticipating CIV, I just don't want to feel upset by it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cody View Post
            We got a mixtape, that was supposed to be for the fans that was presumably bad, but I am anticipating CIV, I just don't want to feel upset by it.
            I think parts of Waynes world play on the mixtape was awesome, especially in some certain songs, but all in all the mixtape was a thud disappointing. I think that the long time Wayne has been working on C4 will end up in showcasing awesome songs, from which the worst ones are as good as the best ones on the mixtape. I know Im probably hoping for too much here, but.. yeah.

And also yeah, I agree it could be called hip hop rock too, Its most succesful song was Drop The World which is just Hip Hop.
            Last edited by Nethurrr; 07-19-2011, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cody View Post
              Yeah, I just hope we'll get a RAP-single before it drops so we can get a 'feelin' on how it's gon' be.

Comment

idk NightMares of the Bottom seems like a classic to me

Comment

Yes Wayne has fallen off since No Ceilings..even so he's still better than most artist out..But he hasnt met the expectations i have for him the past year or so..He shows every now and then that he still has it (I cant stop bumpin Rollin on S4TW) he just cant do it All The Time anymore..he used to be able to just kill anything without effort..now i think it takes more effort and time..but CIV is something he has been working on for so long i expect it to be Great

Comment

No, but i do believe that jail changed the way he raps now. its like he has the ability to murder anyone who jumps on a song with him but decides not to for whatever reason
                    Last edited by EastsideBoi89; 07-19-2011, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Nino- View Post
                      idk NightMares of the Bottom seems like a classic to me
                      Agreed.

But that was made BEFORE jail. Therefore, can't count on that = wayne has fallin' off (so far).

Comment

Originally posted by dieboltdesigns View Post
                        No I dont think so. If he had fallen off everyone would have noticed and he wouldnt be putting out singles that go platinum anymore because no one would buy the songs if they thought he wasnt the same.

Even with a verse like in Im On One...most people I know like his verse alot and think it's awesome. Bottom line is that he hasnt fallen off imo but his style has changed. Some people say S4TW wasnt good but after listening to it alot it's really actually a good tape. It's honestly better than alot of the albums I have heard this year. Wayne's music will never be the "serious life matter" music that some of you want him to produce....but he will always produce the fun music that people listen to and remember because their fun to listen to.
                        This.

I think people are expecting a Wayne that delivers lyrics more based on a life that others can relate to. And while he can, and no doubt will do that every now and then, it just isn't who he is. He's more about fun, he has a way more diverse audience than he did back then, and I don't think he wants to alienate them. He's fun to listen to, and that's why he's my favorite rapper. Him and Big Sean. But when he needs to deliver that kind of verse, he no doubt can.

And to expand on why I don't feel he's fallen off, he delivers in his features, IMO. Not alll of them are great, but none of them are bad. Motivation was great, Look At Me Now, Hustle Hard, Fire Flame, Love Affair, Roman's Revenge, Someone to Love Me, Can a Drummer Get Some(Remix), Breathe, Welcome to My Hood, Money In My Pocket, I Get Money, Ballin', By Your Side, I'm On One, Forever Winning, Sex Faces...I think they're all damn good.

And about Rebirth, it had some really good songs. I don't see how anyone expected actual rock after listening to Prom Queen, Hot Revolver, and On Fire anyway. For what it was, Rebirth is severely underrated, but that's YMCMB's fault for promoting it the way they did.

Lil Wayne, Drake, Chance the Rapper, Skooly, Rich Homie Quan, 2 Chainz.

Comment

Originally posted by ABjerg View Post
                          Agreed.

But that was made BEFORE jail. Therefore, can't count on that = wayne has fallin' off (so far).
                          I don't think it was said that he made that before jail.

If I'm wrong would you mind linking me to where they said it ?

Comment

Working...
                          X