X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Since Wayne has Ultimately

Originally posted by sai93 View Post
    nope kanye west didnt sell out. his music from day 1 has been the same and he's only gotten better. 808s and heartbreak was a beautiful album that had a clear subject matter of love and hate.

he didnt become like wayne who started off amazing and then into a dud with experimental rock bullshit albums and crappy commercial songs just to make money. in fact, kanye is a better musician/rapper than wayne. sorry i still love wayne but he fell off hard.

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

j. cole has not sold out. his one song "work out" was his first single. u havent listened to the entire album to say he has sold out or not.
    Lol it was a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealMH
      Yeah ok that's why he does that shit -.-
      http://scroogemcdope.tumblr.com/
      if you're on tumblr, follow my blog & i'll follow back!

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealMH View Post

---------- Post added at 05:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 AM ----------

But then his favorite rappers are people like Nas Jay-Z & Pac.
        So I guess the industry wanted him to venture into the rock industry, right? I guess the reason he wanted to come out with an R&B album was because the industry pressured him into it. Lol, you are pathetic. He has attained enough respect in the industry so that other people don't tell him what to do; he does what he wants.

Comment

Lol, thak you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportz View Post
            So I guess the industry wanted him to venture into the rock industry, right? I guess the reason he wanted to come out with an R&B album was because the industry pressured him into. Lol, you are pathetic. He has attained enough respect in the industry so that other people don't tell him what to do; he does what he wants.
            Wayne is trying to get the attention of rock and r&b listeners...
            I'm doubting wether you know the meaning of selling out or not.

Comment

Tbh. Hence why I called him a sellout.

Don't call Rebirth rock again.

Comment

According to Dictionary.com, to sell out means the following:
                to dispose of entirely by selling.
                to betray (an associate, one's country, a cause, etc.); turn traitor

According to UrbanDictionary.com, to sell out means the following:
                1. Anyone who sacrifices artistic integrity in an effort to become more successful or popular (generally in music); someone who forgets their roots.

I am assuming the UrbanDictionary.com definition is the one you were looking for, but that is far from the truth. Lil Wayne is an icon in the hip-hop industry and he was an icon in the MUSIC industry WAY before How to Love. He was an icon in the music industry WAY before Rebirth. When you watch a Lil Wayne interview, doesn't the "I don't give a fuck what anyone else thinks" attitude permeate through his words? I can't be the only one that sees that. He makes songs like How to Love because he enjoys doing so. Sure, it gets him more money and more fans, but that is far from the #1 reason he does it.

And, inb4 "You don't know Lil Wayne's reasoning:" I know I don't, but I just feel this way. And whether or not my opinion is right, I hope he continues to make music the way he does.

Comment

so, in your opinion, you disagree, even though the urban dictionary's definition is nearly spot on?
                  http://scroogemcdope.tumblr.com/
                  if you're on tumblr, follow my blog & i'll follow back!

Comment

If wanting to go down for being known for more than one of the greatest rappers... then yes wayne has sold out and if he does do a pop album i wont be mad lol ill listen but ill be like

"He didnt make that shit for me.. thats not what i like" oh well maybe other ppl will like it

but like he said he will keep rapping cause he know we like that shit.

Call Wayne what you want but he the best alive. only Pac beats Weezy in my book...Wayne and BIG are equal imo.
                    Follow Me on Twitter @iAmQueHefner ---- I Follow back!

^^^^^^^This Wayne must come back

Comment

Originally posted by ScHeEzZ View Post
                      so, in your opinion, you disagree, even though the urban dictionary's definition is nearly spot on?
                      No, I don't disagree with the definition; that is an accurate definition of a sell out. I just don't agree that Lil Wayne fits that definition.

Comment

Originally posted by Cody View Post
                        Tbh. Hence why I called him a sellout.

Don't call Rebirth rock again.
                        I didn't say it was rock, I was saying he is/was trying to get the attention of rock listeners

Comment

Originally posted by @RealDeal_McNeal View Post

Call Wayne what you want but he the best alive. only Pac beats Weezy in my book...Wayne and BIG are equal imo.
                          Fucking Dead.

Comment

Working...
                          X