X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Since Wayne has Ultimately

Originally posted by Sportz View Post
    His mainstream acceptance has come because he makes quality music. And he only makes diverse quality songs because it is actually what he wants to do. His mainstream acceptance has not come because of selling out.
    His musics quality dropped tremendously, he should have never ventured off to such depths.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoon View Post
      That's actually what he wants you to think tbh... and it's working.

He's obviously not going to talk down on his own shit and what's making him $$
      Really? Because he "talk[ed] down" on Anne, though I understand that didn't make him any money. It easily could have if it was on C4.

And, if I recall correctly, 6 Foot 7 Foot has made Wayne more money than How to Love. Is 6 Foot 7 Foot a sellout song?

Originally posted by TheRealMH View Post
      I do think that too, but I think like about 5-10% of the sales are from new wayne listeners

I understand where our opinions differ too,
      So my question is: why do you think Wayne waited this long before making a Rock/whatever album, since he really wanted it?
      I don't want the same things now that I wanted in the past.

Originally posted by Cody View Post
      His musics quality dropped tremendously, he should have never ventured off to such depths.
      So, I'm guessing C3 is not your favorite album because of Lollipop, Got Money, and Mrs. Officer? I mean, it is my favorite album too and that isn't because of the three aforementioned songs; songs like Tie My Hands and Playing With Fire make C3 my favorite album.

Comment

Really? Because he "talk[ed] down" on Anne, though I understand that didn't make him any money. It easily could have if it was on C4.

And, if I recall correctly, 6 Foot 7 Foot has made Wayne more money than How to Love. Is 6 Foot 7 Foot a sellout song?

I don't want the same things now that I wanted in the past.

So, I'm guessing C3 is not your favorite album because of Lollipop, Got Money, and Mrs. Officer?
        You don't get it, its him venturing off into other genres that's doing it, CIII simply was tbh.

Comment

You don't get it, its him venturing off into other genres that's doing it, CIII simply was tbh.
          But, once again, why do you equate selling out to expanding into other genres? Some of the most successful people in the world have speciailized in multiple things.

Comment

That's because he tried to remake a classic song by Eminem and no one even liked it much. I don't remember ANYONE that's not on LWHQ liking that song tbh. Everyone was talking down on it and shit.

And yes, it could be considered one I guess...

Comment

Are people really that dense?

Why are you arguing whether he sold or not?

The argument should be whether him selling out is good or bad.

Comment

another pathetic and pointless attempt to make wayne look bad . What has he done to you ?lol
                Twitter

Comment

But, once again, why do you equate selling out to expanding into other genres? Some of the most successful people in the world have speciailized in multiple things.
                  Doing it without making quality music, yes, he simply did it to reach into the peoples pockets, but he didn't think about his other fans and the music that they enjoyed from him.

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

Originally posted by EcstaticPickles View Post
                  another pathetic and pointless attempt to make wayne look bad . What has he done to you ?lol
                  I just wanted to start a discussion, I am not bashing him whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoon View Post
                    That's because he tried to remake a classic song by Eminem and no one even liked it much. I don't remember ANYONE that's not on LWHQ liking that song tbh. Everyone was talking down on it and shit.

And yes, it could be considered one I guess...
                    I guess being in the top 10 on HotNewHipHop with 495k listens and a 5 star rating doesn't count. The song was nowhere near the caliber of Stan, but it was still amazing in its own way. More people liked it than not.

Originally posted by Franknstein View Post

Nowhere is it set in stone that Wayne has sold out. Until he comes out and says that he has sold out, IMO he hasn't.

Doing it without making quality music, yes, he simply did it to reach into the peoples pockets, but he didn't think
                    Many would argue with you about Wayne putting out quality music. If he is selling so well, the songs must be good in the ears of many people.

Comment

Originally posted by Franknstein View Post

Its bad, lowered the quality of music he put out.

Comment

It's just the way you look at it
                        If you think he did it because he just wanted to he isn't a sellout
                        But if you do think he did it to get attention from other listeners he is a sellout

And most of us think it's the second reason
                        Some think it's the first tho.

Comment

I guess being in the top 10 on HotNewHipHop with 495k listens and a 5 star rating doesn't count. The song was nowhere near the caliber of Stan, but it was still amazing in its own way. More people liked it than not.
                          No.

All those figures are how many people listened to it, not how many liked it.

Please don't even attempt to reason that it was a good song with me.

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

Its bad, lowered the quality of music he put out.
                          But, he gets more commercially viable. It depends.

To the imbecile arguing for no reason: He won't come out say he sold out .

Comment

Working...
                          X