Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why do people steal Wayne's music?

Originally posted by nethurrr View Post
    just wtf is up with all these "fans" here saying that they don't even want to support the artist.. ? Album sales don't really matter you say? Then tell me, what does matter to the artist if not the album sales?

Also what the fuck are you talking about with wayne not releasing enough material? Other artists take many years to even get one album out. Wayne has, after c3 given us: No ceilings, rebirth and ianahb. I don't know what you guys are on about there.. It has only been 3 years after c3.. And from those 3 years he spent ~~1 in prison..

Edit: Lol, shoutouts to tunefrommoon.
    blah blah blah angry guy!

Comment

Originally posted by BrewCityYM View Post
      blah blah blah angry guy!
      lol, not really..

Comment

Originally posted by DatWeezy View Post
        Right now, I'm not going to buy the album. Yes, I will download it. Will I buy it eventually? Yes. In the first week? Maybe..Idk. It's time for people to wake up, it's 2011 not 1990. Everything can pretty much be downloaded now a days. God if someone needed oxygen they could prolly get it off piratebay haha, jk. Am I saying downloading it is right? Absolutely not. But in this day in age artist know it's going to be downloaded, no way to stop it! This is why the people saying it will sell a milli in the first week are very very selfish. The only reason he sold a milli the first time was because it was 2007 and downloading was not as big as it is now. I give it 5-10 years and artist won't even put there CD in stores.. truth..

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

Also, he won't retire...anytime soon..He loves the game to much.
        I give it 20 - 30 years and there will be no fucking artist that recording music because nobody gonna buy it...we will have to pay 100 bucks for a concert because that's the only way to listing there music...

Comment

I don't think people understand how piracy works. There's no lost sale and he's not taking money from his pocket; if he wasn't gonna buy the album anyway and if he downloads it, then there was no profit gained or lost. Like that matters, because most artists don't even make money from CD sales, like he said, "I'm rich as fuck..." it's not hurting Wayne.

Sure, from a fan's viewpoint, you should always support artists you like, but also understand piracy's only bad when it's ratio is higher than the people who bought it or close to it.

You should be ashamed if you're following me on twitter and retweeting a nigga.

You should be ashamed if you're not reblogging my posts on tumblr

You should be ashamed if you're not subscribed to my youtube

Comment

Originally posted by THCsale View Post
            I give it 20 - 30 years and there will be no fucking artist that recording music because nobody gonna buy it...we will have to pay 100 bucks for a concert because that's the only way to listing there music...
            Artists don't make thay much off albums,
            They make the most money off tours,
            The album is sort of promotion for the tour.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

Originally posted by ATLien666 View Post
            I don't think people understand how piracy works. There's no lost sale and he's not taking money from his pocket; if he wasn't gonna buy the album anyway and if he downloads it, then there was no profit gained or lost. Like that matters, because most artists don't even make money from CD sales, like he said, "I'm rich as fuck..." it's not hurting Wayne.

Sure, from a fan's viewpoint, you should always support artists you like, but also understand piracy's only bad when it's ratio is higher than the people who bought it or close to it.
            Agree with the wasn't going to buy it anyway part

Comment

Originally posted by based View Post
              seriously. think about it for a second. you're supposed to support the man and call urself a fan, yet u might as well walk up behind dude and take his wallet if ur stealing his album instead of buying. would u steal from ur friends or people u respect? u cant be a fan of wayne and steal his music tbh.
              Lol so are you saying you never dl music?

#KnuckIfYouBuckBoiii

Comment

I think most of you guys miss the real point here.

People who download music illegally are the people who wouldn't have bought it anyway. I'm buying the album regardless if I download the leak prior to me recieving the CD or not because I was always going to support the album. Thing is with the music industry is that the people who download leaks or illegal music are the people who weren't ever going to buy it in the first place so really it's only a good thing that they get to hear and get the music because hopefully in the future they will change their minds and support artists they like or even support the album because they feel it's worth there money.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisheezy View Post
                  I think most of you guys miss the real point here.

People who download music illegally are the people who wouldn't have bought it anyway. I'm buying the album regardless if I download the leak prior to me recieving the CD or not because I was always going to support the album. Thing is with the music industry is that the people who download leaks or illegal music are the people who weren't ever going to buy it in the first place so really it's only a good thing that they get to hear and get the music because hopefully in the future they will change their minds and support artists they like or even support the album because they feel it's worth there money.
                  This!
                  I wasn't going to buy MBDTF in the first place but I downloaded it,
                  And the music was just amazing to me, so I still bought it a week or 2 later.

Comment

yeah man some german rapper said: "you wouldnt steal the food of a cook and after that you tell him how good the taste was" *tried to translate as good as i can*

Comment

Originally posted by D_to_tha_R View Post
                      yeah man some german rapper said: "you wouldnt steal the food of a cook and after that you tell him how good the taste was" *tried to translate as good as i can*
                      Yeah exactly.

When you go shopping you try on a tee or a pair of jeans to make sure they fit and look good on you before you buy it right? Same goes for music with leaks. Why should someone waste there money if they think it's not worth there money? You wouldn't waste it. Hence why a leak can sometimes prove positive because people may be reassured it's worth there money and support.

Comment

Originally posted by BrewCityYM View Post
                        Mane He A Rapper.... Only Fuckin Dr. Dre spends years workin on a album.... wayne aint prince, he aint mj, he not makin beats in shit he just rappin over beats.....

And He Aint Spend 3 Years On Shit. It Been 3 years Since Carter III. He Hasnt Spent 3 Years Working On Tha Carter IV. Didnt He Say All But like 3 Songs Will Be Songs He Did After He Got Out & Im Pretty Sure We All Will Be Able To Tell If Tha Song Song Was Made 3 years ago 2008... He Just Records and Plus He Was In Jail Couldnt Had Spent 3 Years Working On It.... WHY DO US WAYNES FANS MAKE EVERY EXCUSE POSSIBLE FOR THIS NIGGA!!!!
                        Lol ok
                        "Armed and dangerous, rich and famous, young and restless
                        Guns and stretchers
                        Cristal and dubs for breakfast
                        I just got one suggestion - none should test him
                        'Cause cuz get hectic; send one through your sons intestines
                        Glocks knock lungs from chests, you get the portrait?
                        Bodies piled up on porches, it won't be gorgeous"

Comment

Originally posted by D_to_tha_R View Post
                          What if you werent going to his restaurant, and he would give it to you for free, and the you would got to his restaurant because you liked the food?

Comment

Working...
                          X