Why do people steal Wayne's music?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why do people steal Wayne's music?

I'll buy his album but some people can't afford it and it's not like Wayne isn't already rich.

Comment

Originally posted by THP850 View Post
      This dude tryna campaign for Wayne to help him with some much needed last minute album sales!
      Ignorant
      How the hell you aint here to see your prince do his thing?
      Sometimes I wanna drop a tear, but no emotions from a king.

Comment

wow.

Comment

Originally posted by BrewCityYM View Post
          Recession

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

besides jay, ye, & em EVERYBODY!!!!

whens the last time eminem, or jay have given the fans free music (forgot about kanyes good fridays)

Comment

Originally posted by vocker View Post
            I ain't buying the album.

that's the truth
            Support the artist. I'll be 100% honest with you, this is the first album I'm getting. My friend pre-ordered one and payed for it FOR me but I'm still gonna buy a copy and give it to a friend tbh.

Comment

every artist has music that's stolen on a daily basis. besides artist make the bulk of their money touring anyway.
              I'M FEMALE

Comment

I'd buy it if I wasn't poor

I'd like to thank the haters for your cooperation
                I got that Doctor Chopper, give you an operation

Comment

Lol I don't think you can consider illegal downloads stealing. I consider the people who get the music earlier and upload it as a leak as the ones who are stealing. The people downloading it, are just people who are downloading something that's stolen.

Originally posted by Danny M View Post
                  The people who ain't buying it, don't you want Weezy to sell a milli first week again

If he don't sell much first week, I can see Weezy retiring even earlier.

But I appreciate what Wayne does for us, so I'll be buying a few copies that first week
                  I agree with you, but I don't think he'll retire just because he doesn't have good sales the first week. To be honest, first week sales are important, but overall, it's the total sales that matter the most.

Originally posted by iGot5onit View Post
                  I'll buy his album but some people can't afford it and it's not like Wayne isn't already rich.
                  Exactly! In this fucked up economy, people cannot afford to be spending $12 on albums. That money can be used to be paying for more important things. Hell, $12 dollars could get you a decent dinner (fast food or food in bulk from the store) for a couple of days or a week. I think it's crappy how in order to listen to your favorite artist who happens to be rich, you have to drop $12 per album. In short, broke people are paying to listen to rich people.

If Tha Carter IV leaks, I'll obviously download it. Then when it comes out on Itunes, I'll buy it. If it doesn't leak, I'll probably end up buying it off Itunes when it comes out, unless I don't have enough money that day, then I'll download it and then buy it when I get money.
                  Last edited by Lil_Tunechi; 08-21-2011, 07:49 PM.

Comment

intellutical property is not property what did he lose? nothing its different if u steal a physical CD but if u can copy it u can have it
                    anarchist, anti-militarist, anti-intellectual-property, anti-punishment (so a fortiori anti-death-penalty), anti-big-business, pro-immigration, pro-abortion, pro-secularism, pro-gay-rights, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by iGot5onit View Post
                      "can't afford his album, so i'm just gonna go and download it on my $600+ computer and put it on my $200+ mp3 player, and make a cd to listen to in my $2000+ car."

lol i know what you mean though.

Comment

Originally posted by Cli-City View Post
                        If selling out means selling a million...becoming the most popular artist in rap...winning grammies and becoming a legend in this rap game...i guess it was worth it......all of them niggas you guys believe havent soldout will just be remembered as reg hiphop artist....
                        Keepin it real > sellin out

and wayne was already on top of rap at the time

Comment

i still think the "he's rich" argument is stupid. music files that aren't paid for are bootlegs. its the same as buying it from some nigga who put the album on blank cd's and was selling it out of his trunk for $5 a pop. except its digital. you can get microsoft word for free by way of piracy but it doesn't mean u should "because bill gates is rich". u are aware weezy probably uses some of our money for charity right? its not like all ur money will go to waste. and besides, thats waynes property. thats the producers property. they spent money to make it and to put it out for us fans.

as far as the "sampling" goes.. thats bullshit. itunes has 1:30 snippets. all the tracks will be on youtube within an hour. there are ways to listen to the music without downloading it illegally. someone said hearing the album might make the people fans and make them want to buy it, and to some extent this CAN happen, but lets put it this way.. weezy has given us PLENTY of free music to hype us up for carter iv. hes given us singles to listen to. if you're still not sold based off of the 4 singles and MTV unplugged nightmare of the bottom track then check out the other tracks on youtube before u buy it. its that simple. just because something is readily available doesnt mean u should take it. thats like saying its ok to rob a store because the guy left his door open all night. sure its easy to take and u probably wont get caught, but its still not yours and it still costs the owner money. i understand the argument "people who download are people who wouldnt buy the album anyways". it makes sense in some cases. but if people werent able to download, or didnt, they could just save up $5 a week and get the album if they want it bad enough. if not, then theres no point in downloading the album because u obviously didnt want it.

Comment

Working...
                          X