• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Between Carter Albums

So Tha Carter was released in 2004
    Tha Carter 2 in 2005
    Tha Carter III in 2008
    Tha Carter IV in 2011

So why was it there was only a year between 1 & 2? 3 years in between 2 & 3, & 3 & 4.

Do you think Wayne will a C5? If so, do you think we'll be waiting 3 years or will it come sooner?

You ain't a king, you a joker card.

Re: Time Between Carter Albums

i'd like to see him scrap the carter series and try something more creative..might bring the best out of him no one has seen yet

Comment

Originally posted by Wisheezy View Post
      i'd like to see him scrap the carter series and try something more creative..might bring the best out of him no one has seen yet
      Maybe. I mean he did try Rebirth, which paid off to an extent

Comment

Same.

I hope he'll get a concept or some, like MBDTF.

It's like he records and records and throws some random songs on and call it an album. You can do that if it's a fuckin' MIXTAPE! But an album gotta be thought through tbh.
        Mirror is a fucking bonus track!? John is on the highly anticipated CARTER IV? w00t!

#JustGettinItOutThere

Comment

Originally posted by ABjerg View Post
          Same.

I hope he'll get a concept or some, like MBDTF.

It's like he records and records and throws some random songs on and call it an album. You can do that if it's a fuckin' MIXTAPE! But an album gotta be thought through tbh.
          Mirror is a fucking bonus track!? John is on the highly anticipated CARTER IV? w00t!

#JustGettinItOutThere
          Drop Tez and let Wayne think it through himself

703 users viewing this thread? Damnnn
          Last edited by Jinglewaffle; 08-27-2011, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Wayne need to start actin like a Legend like Nas and Jay (not saying he is one yet). Stop doing so many damn features and random songs. Do a few features then just save everything else for the album (C5). Maybe do a mixtape (Dedication 4) in between.

Comment

i Agree w/ Blake Jay.....Wayne is now in a space that he has to make himself more invisible.......As I said in a previous thread...he should take a break off of rap...After tha Carter IV tour next year....and a couple singles and videos from Carter IV.....He needs to settle down..and live..Have fun with his kids, practice skating...get all of that shit out of his system and then come back and record tha Carter V....2014 should be the date...(by that time he is off of probation, he can smoke, drink, and vibe more in the studio....He should start 2014 with Dedication 4.....Take his time and actually make it a classic tape......then after that is done.......Work on his next album..Take time and vibe to beats and feel out which artist needs to be on which songs......he, the producer and the featured artist needs to be in the studio together to work off of each others energy....then I can guarantee he will be able to make a classic, or even a worthy Carter II opponent.....
              Mississippi x California x North Carolina

Comment

This is how I see shit goin he will do dedication 4 while he is touring for carter 4, then in 2012 he will drop the collab album with drake. 2013 he announces his last album will be carter 5 and that he's retiring, he should do a farwell tour as well after that drops. After he retires for about a good 2-3 years with no features and putting nothing out, then he makes his comeback with tha drought 4 two disc mixtape an does one final album tha carter 6 before he hangs it up for good.

Comment

Originally posted by Cli-City View Post
                  i Agree w/ Blake Jay.....Wayne is now in a space that he has to make himself more invisible.......As I said in a previous thread...he should take a break off of rap...After tha Carter IV tour next year....and a couple singles and videos from Carter IV.....He needs to settle down..and live..Have fun with his kids, practice skating...get all of that shit out of his system and then come back and record tha Carter V....2014 should be the date...(by that time he is off of probation, he can smoke, drink, and vibe more in the studio....He should start 2014 with Dedication 4.....Take his time and actually make it a classic tape......then after that is done.......Work on his next album..Take time and vibe to beats and feel out which artist needs to be on which songs......he, the producer and the featured artist needs to be in the studio together to work off of each others energy....then I can guarantee he will be able to make a classic, or even a worthy Carter II opponent.....
                  Sounds like a plan, just one problem... I'd go insane with little or no Wayne up till 2014

Comment

THA
                    CARTER
                    V
                    :the last chapter

NO ONE fuck with these niggaz !

Comment

If Wayne really wants to do something good for his career, his next release should be some kind of "Lost Tapes" type thing. We all know he has many gems from the C2-C3 days sitting around. That would give us new Wayne material, but it would also be the old Wayne that people thought was one of the best rappers alive. Right now his punchlines are getting too weak, and It's kinda too late in his career to reinvent himself for another solo album. He should release some Lost Tapes shit, and then maybe put a solid effort into one more album (maybe C5) and go out like that. Rebirth and INAHB put blemishes on his record, but it is what it is.

Comment

Yeah.. He really should do something new and refreshing
                        But who knows
                        Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there some kind of country-album he did.. I mean just working on it obviously it never dropped lol

Comment

Working...
                        X