Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: To Everyone Hating On C4.

Originally posted by Mr Xclusive View Post
    i'll say it again, wayne is all about making money now, he has a hunger for money, not music, sadly

this and the anger and passion he used to have before when he was on drugs and toya wouldnt let reginae stay with him n shit is now ALL gone
    #3hunna

#Mandown
    2-4-14

Comment

Originally posted by mirage42 View Post
      lol wut with this substance shit, everybody complained about the lack of substance WTT had

im not trying to hear a millionaire complain about how his life used to sukk and how the world is fucked

but i guess you are
      WTT had substance so whoever says that is ridiculous. I'm not complaining about the lack of substance though, the lyrics are the same overused things he says in every song. Punchlines every other bar got tired 2 years ago, he needs to do more.

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 PM ----------

Originally posted by Lil_Tunechi View Post
      Lil B can in no way ever be compared to Lil Wayne. After the nigga drops an album called "I'm Gay", there's just no words for it. And starting all that BasedGod shit is homo as hell. Lil B makes Soulja Boy look like the best rapper alive... For someone who has "Based" in their forum handle, really can't talk. You can like Lil Wayne and criticize him, but I think its hardly fair to be a Lil B fan and a Lil Wayne fan and say that Lil B's album was better...
      Okay, it's obvious you've never really listened to Lil B so don't be ignorant about it. I really can't compare the two albums because the subject matter (or lack of) is completely different.

Comment

isn't he saying no on dat gif?

''They say they want the drugs to stop but imma major setback when my album drop''

Comment

Originally posted by WeezyFan View Post

isn't he saying no on dat gif?
          Yes, he's saying no.

"Mind so sharp I fuck around and cut my head off"
          http://spontaneousoverflow.com/wordpress/?p=1673

Comment

Lulz, dope thread. But haters will keep hatin'...

Comment

I was laughing hard at this haha. Nice job man!
              Please Go like my page if you wish!

Comment

I don't really get the substance argument either. Are people forgetting that save a few songs(and The Leak, which I don't consider C3), C3 had none either? Wayne hasn't been about substance in years if we leave out Rebirth and a few songs/features. Why the hell is everyone suddenly about substance? I don't wanna hear these guys bitch and moan on every song, cuz it's not like he's gonna rap about the streets forever. I know there's more to substance, but who really expects that consistently from Wayne? He's not really trying to deliver a message.

Everyone claims Drake is about substance, but really he's all over the place too. It just isn't as obvious. I dare someone tell me that Headlines or DMCB are cohesive. The hell are those songs about? Are they good tho? Yup. He's only consistent when he's "singing" though.

Lil Wayne, Drake, Chance the Rapper, Skooly, Rich Homie Quan, 2 Chainz.

Comment

Originally posted by BasedJesus View Post
                  What does any of that have to do with how bad this album is? Tha Carter IV sucks and thats all that matters right now.
                  Lol. It doesn't "suck" but def average to me.

Comment

Originally posted by TyIquan View Post
                    I don't really get the substance argument either. Are people forgetting that save a few songs(and The Leak, which I don't consider C3), C3 had none either? Wayne hasn't been about substance in years if we leave out Rebirth and a few songs/features. Why the hell is everyone suddenly about substance? I don't wanna hear these guys bitch and moan on every song, cuz it's not like he's gonna rap about the streets forever. I know there's more to substance, but who really expects that consistently from Wayne? He's not really trying to deliver a message.

Everyone claims Drake is about substance, but really he's all over the place too. It just isn't as obvious. I dare someone tell me that Headlines or DMCB are cohesive. The hell are those songs about? Are they good tho? Yup. He's only consistent when he's "singing" though.
                    to be fair.
                    there was tie my hands.
                    which you could say had substance.
                    and id say dr carter had substance.

but outside of that.
                    the whole substance argument is bullshit.
                    what wayne does best is style.
                    and thats where hes lacking.
                    if he was spitting the same shit.
                    that he always has. with as much style.
                    as he used to. even if its a new one.
                    there wouldnt be as many complaints.

Comment

none of those things have anything to do with why this album wasnt that good

Comment

Originally posted by iGot5onit View Post
                        none of those things have anything to do with why this album wasnt that good
                        Almost everything about Wayne is relaxed, regurgitated, or regressing here. Most noticeable is his slowed-down flow, perhaps a capitulation to the booming arenas he now plays to regularly, where intelligibility often trumps quick wit. But whereas the only permanent aspect of Wayne's cadence used to be its shiftiness, his delivery has slackened, severely deadening his ferociousness in the process

After an epic run, it seems as though Wayne has finally run out of inventive ways to say he's on drugs, or great at sex, or extremely interested in making money. Because after you've been "so motherfuckin' high, I can eat a star," as he claimed on Da Drought 3, being "so high, I get star-struck" just doesn't pack the same oomph. Elsewhere, he's found a new love for the type of faux-profundity he rarely had time or patience for before. "I'm searching for today, instead I found tomorrow/ And I put that shit right back like, 'I'll see what I find tomorrow,'" he blankly philosophizes on "Nightmares of the Bottom"

that about sums it up.
                        all that combined with wack beats.
                        theres no way that it couldve been great.

Lil Wayne: Tha Carter IV | Album Reviews | Pitchfork

Comment

Aw how cute. Album is still mediocre though.

Comment

Working...
                          X