• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Waynasite View Post
    Grown men don't watch wwe

Unless they are a lame
    Nothing wrong with watching wrestling tbh

Comment

only white trash watch WWE..

its all UFC/boxing/MMA sports man.. uno actual sport 4 the rest of us..

probably just needed a name to make his shit make sense..and everyone knows who john cena is

Comment

I watch it all. Wrestling/Sports Entertainment is just one big soap opera with a side of glamorized and glorified pantomiming performance art. MMA is more like traditional mat wrestling. But with Jujitsu and Greco-Romanian Styles implemented here and there. A lot of shooting, shades of Royce Gracie and Ken Shamrock (Who had his short tenure in WWE). Just saying. Not much of a difference when you dissect them all, bit by bit.

Comment

Originally posted by 2006WayneForever View Post
          I watch it all. Wrestling/Sports Entertainment is just one big soap opera with a side of glamorized and glorified pantomiming performance art. MMA is more like traditional mat wrestling. But with Jujitsu and Greco-Romanian Styles implemented here and there. A lot of shooting, shades of Royce Gracie and Ken Shamrock (Who had his short tenure in WWE). Just saying. Not much of a difference when you dissect them all, bit by bit.

If u think there is little different between sport and a movie..

your mind has been lost..

i feel sorry for u

Comment

Originally posted by fuckregistering View Post
            If u think there is little different between sport and a movie..

your mind has been lost..

i feel sorry for u
            Did you read it all the way through. I'm afraid you might be a little bit simple. But that's okay. If you would have read it verbatim though, you'd realize how coherent and aware I am throughout the mini-synopsis I typed out. "PANTOMIMED". As in "STAGED". Sometimes there's "Stiffing" or "Shoot Wrestling". If you've ever seen Royce Gracie in a Lion's Den, you'd know what the hell I'm referring to.

Comment

Lol at all you people dissing wrestling/WWE. It's not all "fake." & you're not white trash if you watch it. My dad is a professional wrestler and has been wrestling for over 25 years. He used to be employed by WWE, TNA, and WCW. I know a lot about wrestling, and my whole life has been based around the sport. So don't go throwing shade until you know what truly goes on in the business.

Comment

Originally posted by IAmChristian_ View Post
                Lol at all you people dissing wrestling/WWE. It's not all "fake." & you're not white trash if you watch it. My dad is a professional wrestler and has been wrestling for over 25 years. He used to be employed by WWE, TNA, and WCW. I know a lot about wrestling, and my whole life has been based around the sport. So don't go throwing shade until you know what truly goes on in the business.

Sorry bro..

I was just using the words the owners of WWE gave me.. and the words of some of the biggest names in the game..

and yeah ive seen the white trash response to the fake comment " the stunts are real they still get hurt doing the stunts"

it aint a sport..its a fucking movie..a movie for white trash people lol and it aint my deal

UFC actually requires skill..a life time of training to be the actual best..

not who can say the best lines and pull of the best characters while doing co-ordinated stunts.

only wrestling i ever thought was even a little bit entertaining was stone colds insanity at the peak of his career.. that was a good movie watching that hillbilly going crazy..

Comment

it is fake bruh
                  its like reality tv

Comment

Originally posted by back on my bullish*t View Post
                    it is fake bruh
                    its like reality tv
                    Definitely not all fake. You can believe whatever you choose, but no that's not the facts. You have to be a professional athlete to go out there and perform wrestling moves in a ring that is wood covered with mat. Did you know, every time the human body hits the wrestling mat, it's equivalent to being in a deadly car crash?

Facts. The concussions, broken legs, arms, necks, backs, and the thousands of other countless injuries are in no way shape or form, "fake."

My dad has suffered from 9 concussions, a broken neck, ankle, and torn his retina. Yeah, the storylines are scripted, and some of the matches are choreographed before hand, but "fake" can't even describe. & if you think UFC or any other MMA sport isn't fixed in anyway, then you're really stupid.

ALL SPORTS ARE ENTERTAINMENT.

Comment

Definitely not all fake. You can believe whatever you choose, but no that's not the facts. You have to be a professional athlete to go out there and perform wrestling moves in a ring that is wood covered with mat. Did you know, every time the human body hits the wrestling mat, it's equivalent to being in a deadly car crash?

Facts. The concussions, broken legs, arms, necks, backs, and the thousands of other countless injuries are in no way shape or form, "fake."

My dad has suffered from 9 concussions, a broken neck, ankle, and torn his retina. Yeah, the storylines are scripted, and some of the matches are choreographed before hand, but "fake" can't even describe. & if you think UFC or any other MMA sport isn't fixed in anyway, then you're really stupid.

ALL SPORTS ARE ENTERTAINMENT.
                      Couple problems with your logic here.

Being injured in this performance does not make it real or authentic. People are injured while filming movies, it does not mean Superman is real. Superman is entertaining, it does not make it a sport.

When they say WWE is fake they aren't talking about the skill it takes to perform, they're talking about the inauthentic nature of it. It isn't a legitimate match to see who can win. It isn't a battle between athletes to demonstrate athletic superiority. These are features that make sports "real" and things like professional wrestling "fake". It's scripted and the winners are decided before hand, this is not how it is presented, hence why it's called fake. No team enters the Super Bowl knowing the outcome, the same is not true entering a Wrestlemania. "Real" vs. "Fake".

Also, everytime the human body hits the mat it is not "equivalent to being in a deadly car crash". You know what makes a car crash deadly? Someone dies, it's literally what the word deadly means. The human body does not die every time it hits the mat. Further, professional wrestlers are actually trained how to fall and land on a mat safely when performing. This is another reason why people call this fake. Sure people can be injured while performing in professional wrestling. Just as many were injured in accidents while performing on the Spider-man broadway musical, this does not mean Spider-man is real and it does not mean Spider-man is a sport. It simply means that occasionally professionals are injured while entertaining audiences.

I get that you're proud of your dad and that's cool. And that list of injuries is nothing to sneeze at, every concussion does serious brain damage (one of the reasons I'm not a fan of this stuff overall). I'll even take your side against the whole 'only white trash watch wrestling' thing. There is some truth there. According to the demographics for the WWE it is largely younger white males from lower income households, but it's not absolute and there is still a large portion of other races and from higher incomes. It is not 'only white trash' and that's an offensive and racist claim.

But the rest of your argument here is just weak and there's no need to insult people over it. I feel for you man, it's hard to like wrestling in this day and age and when you mix in your family history there's no wonder you're out to prove something. But maybe you should let this one go. It's an issue that sounds too close to you personally. You know your dad and that personal experience is always going to be different from the people watching it at home. Just let those haters hate.

Comment

u cant win the argument when the owners of the largest wrestling organisations in america openly talk about it being fake and even labeling the shows "movies"

lol

well u could try i guess but it be extremely foolish

Comment

Originally posted by EatYourSpinach View Post
                          Couple problems with your logic here.

Being injured in this performance does not make it real or authentic. People are injured while filming movies, it does not mean Superman is real. Superman is entertaining, it does not make it a sport.

When they say WWE is fake they aren't talking about the skill it takes to perform, they're talking about the inauthentic nature of it. It isn't a legitimate match to see who can win. It isn't a battle between athletes to demonstrate athletic superiority. These are features that make sports "real" and things like professional wrestling "fake". It's scripted and the winners are decided before hand, this is not how it is presented, hence why it's called fake. No team enters the Super Bowl knowing the outcome, the same is not true entering a Wrestlemania. "Real" vs. "Fake".

Also, everytime the human body hits the mat it is not "equivalent to being in a deadly car crash". You know what makes a car crash deadly? Someone dies, it's literally what the word deadly means. The human body does not die every time it hits the mat. Further, professional wrestlers are actually trained how to fall and land on a mat safely when performing. This is another reason why people call this fake. Sure people can be injured while performing in professional wrestling. Just as many were injured in accidents while performing on the Spider-man broadway musical, this does not mean Spider-man is real and it does not mean Spider-man is a sport. It simply means that occasionally professionals are injured while entertaining audiences.

I get that you're proud of your dad and that's cool. And that list of injuries is nothing to sneeze at, every concussion does serious brain damage (one of the reasons I'm not a fan of this stuff overall). I'll even take your side against the whole 'only white trash watch wrestling' thing. There is some truth there. According to the demographics for the WWE it is largely younger white males from lower income households, but it's not absolute and there is still a large portion of other races and from higher incomes. It is not 'only white trash' and that's an offensive and racist claim.

But the rest of your argument here is just weak and there's no need to insult people over it. I feel for you man, it's hard to like wrestling in this day and age and when you mix in your family history there's no wonder you're out to prove something. But maybe you should let this one go. It's an issue that sounds too close to you personally. You know your dad and that personal experience is always going to be different from the people watching it at home. Just let those haters hate.

I'm not insulting anybody. It's funny how so many people can sit back and write things about wrestling, but have never taken a bump in an actual wrestling ring. It's been my life for 18 years, I know the inside's and out's. I never said it was a fight to see who would win the match, because it's clearly not. But nobody can bash any sport they know little to nothing about. I rephrase my comment of it being equal to a deadly car crash, because deadly is exactly what you said... Deadly. It is equivalent to being in a car crash. Professional wrestling is a sport, and so many people think it's so easy they can go out there and do exactly what the wrestler's can, and bad injuries happen.

It's a completely different world from MMA, but it's still a popular sport. May not be as big as it was in the 80's and 90's but it's still kicking. I get everybody has their own opinions about whether or not they like it, but nobody can judge as to what is real or "fake" about the whole sport, The injuries that come with it, and the skill it takes to be able to perform the stunts that they do. I can't share my brain or knowledge with you about the sport, and it's a shame. I can only explain through a keyboard which is physically impossible. But if you, or anybody else on this site could come and watch what my dad, or any other wrestler put's their body through on a daily basis to be able to make it in the sport, you would respect it so much more.

Comment

Working...
                          X