Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kanye West and/or Swizz Beatz should executive produce Carter V (Good read).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kanye West and/or Swizz Beatz should executive produce Carter V (Good read).

Lil Wayne - Dr. Carter (NEW CARTER 3) (W/ Lyrics) - YouTube

Kanye west and Swizz beats are more than just your typical producers. Not only do they provide you with a dope beat, but if your in the studio with them they will help you craft the song by suggesting concepts, critiquing lyrics and verses, and just improving the musical sound of a song. Now an artist like lil wayne who has gone platnuim (basically) in the 1st week twice in 3 years isnt the most approachable about things like this despite how great his personality is. Birdman isnt gonna ask wayne to scrap the second verse and come with a better one. Mack Maine might. Tez won't. Drake might. You get the picture.

Now wayne is a unique artist in that when he sticks to a concept of a song he can drop a classic verse. But even when he doesnt stick to the concept of a song or interprets the concept in a unique way he can still drop a great to classic verse e.g we taking over.

We Taking Over- DJ Khaled (Feat. Akon, Lil Wayne, Rick Ross, T.I.) - YouTube

He can do it with punchlines as he's shown, but not a lot of people know that he can do it with storytelling too and I aint talking about dear anne (though i thought it was dope and should've been on the carter 4).

Lil Wayne - Young n Blues - YouTube

By not doing more story telling he's denying his fan and hip hop of some great music. You can have all the talent in the world but the people around you need to help shape and hone that talent. Micheal Jordan and his dad (and trainers later on) would shoot hoops for hours upon end. Jay Z has an enginner know by the nickname guru who critiques his lyrics and verses and suggests ways on make the song sound better.

I mention the story telling in this post because kanye and swizz beatz are two producers who, due to their own nature and relationship with Lil wayne can bring this out of him. Swizz beats has done it twice already (dear anne, dr carter) and kanye did it to an extent on see you in my nightmares (love this track!) but has done it a lot more with Jay z. Now dont get me wrong i still want tracks like a millie and let the beat build (ironically produced by kanye) but I think Lil wayne once (or twice) said he gets better with time and these two can help prove that. Now I'm not saying weezy NEEDS them but I'm saying that he should use all resources at his disposable to make carter 5 a great to classic (critically acclaimed) hip hop album, and one or both of these resources would would be his best bet.

honourable mention producers

pharrel( didnt pick because i though swizz and kanye would produce better sounds)
    eminem (haha i know yall forgot he produces as well! plus being an artist is a bonus)
    dr dre - (i dont know if he got that magic anymore)
    just blaze-9 didnt pick him cause im not sure of his relationship with weezy though there was Mr. carter)

Re: Kanye West and/or Swizz Beatz should executive produce Carter V (Good read).

Alright, stop typing up your own opinion on things and then putting "(Good read)" in the thread title lol.

"Mind so sharp I fuck around and cut my head off"
    http://spontaneousoverflow.com/wordpress/?p=1673

Comment

Re: Kanye West and/or Swizz Beatz should executive produce Carter V (Good read).

Originally posted by wolverinebball11 View Post
      Alright, stop typing up your own opinion on things and then putting "(Good read)" in the thread title lol.
      Mississippi x California x North Carolina

Comment

lol at the good read i read the first paragraph

Comment

This post made me dumber.

Comment

Originally posted by daddison View Post
            Lil Wayne - Dr. Carter (NEW CARTER 3) (W/ Lyrics) - YouTube

Kanye west and Swizz beats are more than just your typical producers. Not only do they provide you with a dope beat, but if your in the studio with them they will help you craft the song by suggesting concepts, critiquing lyrics and verses, and just improving the musical sound of a song. Now an artist like lil wayne who has gone platnuim (basically) in the 1st week twice in 3 years isnt the most approachable about things like this despite how great his personality is. Birdman isnt gonna ask wayne to scrap the second verse and come with a better one. Mack Maine might. Tez won't. Drake might. You get the picture.

Now wayne is a unique artist in that when he sticks to a concept of a song he can drop a classic verse. But even when he doesnt stick to the concept of a song or interprets the concept in a unique way he can still drop a great to classic verse e.g we taking over.

We Taking Over- DJ Khaled (Feat. Akon, Lil Wayne, Rick Ross, T.I.) - YouTube

He can do it with punchlines as he's shown, but not a lot of people know that he can do it with storytelling too and I aint talking about dear anne (though i thought it was dope and should've been on the carter 4).

Lil Wayne - Young n Blues - YouTube

By not doing more story telling he's denying his fan and hip hop of some great music. You can have all the talent in the world but the people around you need to help shape and hone that talent. Micheal Jordan and his dad (and trainers later on) would shoot hoops for hours upon end. Jay Z has an enginner know by the nickname guru who critiques his lyrics and verses and suggests ways on make the song sound better.

I mention the story telling in this post because kanye and swizz beatz are two producers who, due to their own nature and relationship with Lil wayne can bring this out of him. Swizz beats has done it twice already (dear anne, dr carter) and kanye did it to an extent on see you in my nightmares (love this track!) but has done it a lot more with Jay z. Now dont get me wrong i still want tracks like a millie and let the beat build (ironically produced by kanye) but I think Lil wayne once (or twice) said he gets better with time and these two can help prove that. Now I'm not saying weezy NEEDS them but I'm saying that he should use all resources at his disposable to make carter 5 a great to classic (critically acclaimed) hip hop album, and one or both of these resources would would be his best bet.

honourable mention producers

pharrel( didnt pick because i though swizz and kanye would produce better sounds)
            eminem (haha i know yall forgot he produces as well! plus being an artist is a bonus)
            dr dre - (i dont know if he got that magic anymore)
            just blaze-9 didnt pick him cause im not sure of his relationship with weezy though there was Mr. carter)

Scott Storch is above all of them

Comment

Would be a waste of beats.

Comment

Originally posted by Cole World View Post
                Couldn't live without LWHQ so you had to come back as a troll?

"Mind so sharp I fuck around and cut my head off"
                http://spontaneousoverflow.com/wordpress/?p=1673

Comment

i could live without swizz beats.
                  since he really didnt do much for that dr carter beat.
                  and the anne beat wasnt really all that.
                  but he had the concept laid out.
                  so wayne didnt have to do much.

i'd be down for kanye tho.
                  and madlib. exile. and alchemist.
                  and some jay electronica.
                  and most definitely.
                  some just blaze.
                  but only if its the kind of beats.
                  that he makes for jay z and jay electronica.

Comment

Kanye on one track, sure no probs. But a whole album? No. Album will sound too much like Watch the Throne.
                    Swizz, on the other hand, has various production styles. We need more of that Anne stuff.
                    OVOXO-YMCMB

Comment

Originally posted by Cole World View Post
                      Ok Cody, watever u say
                      Originally posted by Shake
                      Why so negative all the time???

Comment

Originally posted by YMCMB-FTW View Post
                        Kanye on one track, sure no probs. But a whole album? No. Album will sound too much like Watch the Throne.
                        Swizz, on the other hand, has various production styles. We need more of that Anne stuff.
                        "production style"

its called blatant sampling, a million producers do the exact same thing

Comment

Working...
                        X