Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

j cole. wayne. emotions. the genderization and racialization of strength. lol.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: j cole. wayne. emotions. the genderization and racialization of strength. lol.

Originally posted by Mr Xclusive View Post
    so many stupid ass people comparing cole to wayne

if this was real life yall would be slapped by me personally

comparing a niggas 1st album to another niggas 9th album ...what in the fuck is that shit?

Would Have Been A Different Story, If Wayne Came Out Of Prison And Not Of Said Shit Like:
    "My Lyrics Are The Best They've Ever Been. Best In World"

Comment

Re: j cole. wayne. emotions. the genderization and racialization of strength. lol.

Originally posted by mode View Post
      a. i liked it better when you were ignoring my post.

b. for the most part this wasnt a comparison about them as rappers.
      but about the perspective that comes out in the music.
      its something of an outline of the emotional texture of their work.

i think thats fair game.
      if you can think about each album.
      as a stand alone piece outside of a time frame.

c. with cole. its almost unfair to say he only has one album.
      since hes had a continuing theme throughout all of his releases.
      and i think ive seen the same snapshot over and over again
      but thats not to say he cant grow from there.
      agreed. not once did i compare C4 to Cole World

thought thread was about how they use emotion in their rap

Comment

Originally posted by WeezYIsCraaazY View Post
        Would Have Been A Different Story, If Wayne Came Out Of Prison And Not Of Said Shit Like:
        "My Lyrics Are The Best They've Ever Been. Best In World"

there was a drake interview that he did for mtv.
        and in he was saying that the carter four lyrics were through the roof.

lol. that it was on some next level.

where are those lyrics?

Comment

Originally posted by mode View Post
          there was a drake interview that he did for mtv.
          and in he was saying that the carter four lyrics were through the roof.

lol. that it was on some next level.

where are those lyrics?
          saved for "the next project"
          THIS AIN'T NOTHING TO RELATE TO.

last.fm || twitter

Comment

Originally posted by WaynesWorld2441 View Post
            Nobody cares whos better and whos not.
            Then why compare them when they have nothing similar to one another

and to say Cole only raps about, Sex, His father and being signed is ignorant.

Comment

Originally posted by Cody View Post
              Then why compare them when they have nothing similar to one another

and to say Cole only raps about, Sex, His father and being signed is ignorant.
              they're both rappers. they each use their emotions in a different way. thats what this thread is about.

idk how it doesnt make sense to compare two rappers...

the sex, dad, signed thing is a tad bit of an exaggeration.
              but honestly i had a friend who hadnt listened to any J cole listen to Cole World and he literally said "why are all these songs about sex?". sounds like that might be a recurring theme. the album is riddled with references to fathers not abandoning their sons, and to his own dad. both skits are about cole being signed.

he doesnt exclusively rap about those things, but he raps about them A LOT

Comment

Originally posted by heyitsBLiND View Post
                they're both rappers. they each use their emotions in a different way. thats what this thread is about.

idk how it doesnt make sense to compare two rappers...

the sex, dad, signed thing is a tad bit of an exaggeration.
                but honestly i had a friend who hadnt listened to any J cole listen to Cole World and he literally said "why are all these songs about sex?". sounds like that might be a recurring theme. the album is riddled with references to fathers not abandoning their sons, and to his own dad. both skits are about cole being signed.

he doesnt exclusively rap about those things, but he raps about them A LOT
                And Makes It Sound Dope.

Comment

And Makes It Sound Dope.
                  i agree. i never said he wasnt a good rapper. i said he lets his emotional problems define him. i listened to cole world on my 45 min commute today and enjoyed it. i just think those themes are gonna get old really quick if he doesnt change a few things up though

Comment

Originally posted by heyitsBLiND View Post
                    i agree. i never said he wasnt a good rapper. i said he lets his emotional problems define him. i listened to cole world on my 45 min commute today and enjoyed it. i just think those themes are gonna get old really quick if he doesnt change a few things up though
                    He's Still Learning. In A Technical Term. He's Been 'Rapping', What - 3 Years?

Comment

He's Still Learning. In A Technical Term. He's Been 'Rapping', What - 3 Years?
                      The Come Up came out in 2007 which is 4 (almost 5) years ago lol

"Now I was dreaming about a deal at the age of 13"

I'm sure he's been rapping for a while
                      THIS AIN'T NOTHING TO RELATE TO.

last.fm || twitter

Comment

Originally posted by IceMan View Post
                        The Come Up came out in 2007 which is 4 (almost 5) years ago lol

"Now I was dreaming about a deal at the age of 13"

I'm sure he's been rapping for a while
                        Yeah, I agree with this. I'm sure he still has a little growing to go, but J. Cole isn't some teen rapper.

Lil Wayne, Drake, Chance the Rapper, Skooly, Rich Homie Quan, 2 Chainz.

Comment

Originally posted by TyIquan View Post
                          Yeah, I agree with this. I'm sure he still has a little growing to go, but J. Cole isn't some teen rapper.
                          definitely not. dude is a college graduate. and hes 25.
                          but its like hes rhymes for 17 year olds. something there doesnt add up for me.

Comment

Working...
                          X