Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

j cole. wayne. emotions. the genderization and racialization of strength. lol.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: j cole. wayne. emotions. the genderization and racialization of strength. lol.

Originally posted by WeezYIsCraaazY View Post
    Yeah, As An Artist. Krit >>

Cole's A Better Rapper, Though.

In My Opinion, Of Course.
    yeah. id say so.
    on some raw rap shit.
    lol. even tho. krit gets down too.
    but i think he works harder for it.

Comment

Re: j cole. wayne. emotions. the genderization and racialization of strength. lol.

Originally posted by Franknstein View Post
      I'd rather listen to Aubrey over Cole and definately over Kendrick.

Comment

good point OP. Cole raps about 3 things: sex, his dad, and the fact that he got signed. its sad that i was GLAD to hear Mr Nice Watch on his album. it was classic mainstream crap, but it was nice to get a break from him moping.

best way i can describe my problem with J Cole is: yes, the guy is emotional, and thats not always a bad thing, but the dude lets his emotions define him, instead of inspire him. instead of letting his troubles inspire his music, and add flavor, and make him a more dynamic person, he lets his troubles define him as a person.

example:
        when i think of wayne (well, pre 2009 wayne), i think of the energy behind his music, no matter what subject he talks about. wayne uses his problems as motivation and to add energy to his rap

when i think of j cole, i think of his problems, not him as a rapper. i dont think of j cole as that dude thats emotional in his raps, i think of him as that dude that raps about his dad and the fact that he got signed.
        and thats whack

Comment

Originally posted by heyitsBLiND View Post
          good point OP. Cole raps about 3 things: sex, his dad, and the fact that he got signed. its sad that i was GLAD to hear Mr Nice Watch on his album. it was classic mainstream crap, but it was nice to get a break from him moping.

best way i can describe my problem with J Cole is: yes, the guy is emotional, and thats not always a bad thing, but the dude lets his emotions define him, instead of inspire him. instead of letting his troubles inspire his music, and add flavor, and make him a more dynamic person, he lets his troubles define him as a person.

example:
          when i think of wayne (well, pre 2009 wayne), i think of the energy behind his music, no matter what subject he talks about. wayne uses his problems as motivation and to add energy to his rap

when i think of j cole, i think of his problems, not him as a rapper. i dont think of j cole as that dude thats emotional in his raps, i think of him as that dude that raps about his dad and the fact that he got signed.
          and thats whack
          Still A Much Better Lyricist Than Wayne. So...

Comment

Still Looks Like Eeyore. So...

but really...

better lyricist than wayne currently? fuck yes i can agree with you there.

but i wasnt posting to address their lyricism

Comment

example:

and thats whack
              The truth.
              How the hell you aint here to see your prince do his thing?
              Sometimes I wanna drop a tear, but no emotions from a king.

Comment

Still Looks Like Eeyore. So...

but really...

better lyricist than wayne currently? fuck yes i can agree with you there.

but i wasnt posting to address their lyricism
                Cole Has Weaknesses. Yes.
                They're Nothing Compared To Wayne's, Though.

Comment

Cole Has Weaknesses. Yes.
                  They're Nothing Compared To Wayne's, Though.
                  guess we'll just have to disagree on that

Comment

Doesn't Mean He's Better, Though.
                    Nobody cares whos better and whos not.
                    How the hell you aint here to see your prince do his thing?
                    Sometimes I wanna drop a tear, but no emotions from a king.

Comment

guess we'll just have to disagree on that
                      Guess So.

Oh, Wait - How Many Songs From C4 Was The Artist Not On?

Comment

Guess So.

Oh, Wait - How Many Songs From C4 Was The Artist Not On?
                        lol what? i just said we had a different opinion and tried to leave it at that...

i wasnt attacking you personally dude. we have different opinions. no need to try and get something going

Comment

while that maybe could almostbe true right now.
                          if were judging strictly off carter four and cole world.

but cole is nowhere nearr the lyricist wayne was in his prime.

waynes rhymes at 22 > coles career

i think its overlooked how young wayne was when he made the carter two.
                          look at the pedestrian level of rapping from the dudes that age now.
                          and compare it to what happened on carter two. and it isnt even closee.

Comment

Working...
                          X