Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

j cole. wayne. emotions. the genderization and racialization of strength. lol.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: j cole. wayne. emotions. the genderization and racialization of strength. lol.

Originally posted by mode View Post
    definitely not. dude is a college graduate. and hes 25.
    but its like hes rhymes for 17 year olds. something there doesnt add up for me.
    Meh. Everything has it's audience and fans. J. Cole raps for those who want to hear that. And he's definitely superb at what he does. I, personally, cannot stand that mopey shit. Like I've said before, I listen to music to escape the problems of the world, and even my own problems. I don't want to hear about someone else's all of the time. I want to enjoy myself. Wayne let's me do that. He can be serious, but he knows how to have fun with his music. That's why I believe he's the most versatile rapper to ever do this. He can reach so many people and cater to what each of them want to hear(if they haven't already been mindfucked into believing he isn't worth listening to).

It's also why I like Big Sean so much. He's definitely slept on, but his music is fun. Also, I should point out I like lyrics as well. Or else I'd be content with Soulja and others like him.

Lil Wayne, Drake, Chance the Rapper, Skooly, Rich Homie Quan, 2 Chainz.

Comment

Re: j cole. wayne. emotions. the genderization and racialization of strength. lol.

Originally posted by TyIquan View Post
      Meh. Everything has it's audience and fans. J. Cole raps for those who want to hear that. And he's definitely superb at what he does. I, personally, cannot stand that mopey shit. Like I've said before, I listen to music to escape the problems of the world, and even my own problems. I don't want to hear about someone else's all of the time. I want to enjoy myself. Wayne let's me do that. He can be serious, but he knows how to have fun with his music. That's why I believe he's the most versatile rapper to ever do this. He can reach so many people and cater to what each of them want to hear(if they haven't already been mindfucked into believing he isn't worth listening to).

It's also why I like Big Sean so much. He's definitely slept on, but his music is fun. Also, I should point out I like lyrics as well. Or else I'd be content with Soulja and others like him.
      yeahh. definitely that. but more than the content.
      i mean how he writes. his writing style isnt as advanced.
      as i think it should be for someone that gets as much credit.
      as he does for being nice. i always think of the writing.
      on c2. and to be fair. this probably isnt a comparison worth making.
      since c2 is classic. but wayne at 22 was writing with some serious sophistication.

if you just read a lot of those lyrics.
      without the music. it stands alone as good writing.
      i think people overlook that in waynes work.
      since their so busy counting syllables.

but whos counting syllables when youre reading a book?

lol. it reminds me of creating a player in 2k.
      with the generic crossovers and jumpshots.

j cole has generic rap style #14

Comment

Oh yeah...I forgot how young Wayne was when he did C2. Damn. He really was 22.

Fuck. Idk anyone doing it as well as he was at his age. Not even now.

He's definitely a great in this shit.

Comment

Originally posted by TyIquan View Post
          Oh yeah...I forgot how young Wayne was when he did C2. Damn. He really was 22.

Fuck. Idk anyone doing it as well as he was at his age. Not even now.

He's definitely a great in this shit.
          hands down.

and i think fashawn.
          is the only one going that hard.
          at such a young age. everyone else.
          is on some okay shit. but hes beyond.
          his years nice the way wayne was.

Comment

Fashawn? Who's that?

Comment

You Know What I Mean.

He Wasn't A Heavily Fanned Rapper.
              I Meant When He Got Signed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cody View Post
                Then why compare them when they have nothing similar to one another

and to say Cole only raps about, Sex, His father and being signed is ignorant.
                Cuz every rapper is different. I am not saying one is better than the other. I just say the differences. It doesnt matter who anyone says is better because someone will disagree and everyone has their own opinion. I could care less who is "better". I like who i like, same for you. Fuck the bullshit.
                How the hell you aint here to see your prince do his thing?
                Sometimes I wanna drop a tear, but no emotions from a king.

Comment

Working...
                X