Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think these kind of things anger Wayne?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think these kind of things anger Wayne?

You all know my views of Lil Wayne's recent work, but obviously my views reflect the opinions of the minority. I was just wondering if you guys think that all of the negative press and reviews that have been coming about Wayne anger him.

For instance, this new 50 Greatest Rappers Of All Time list. I do not know if Wayne will see this or not, but I know that if I were Wayne, I would feel extremely disrespected. That disrespect would be fueled into a MEANINGFUL song about why I am the Best Rapper Alive and should be #1 on that list. I know that Wayne no longer refers to himself as the Best Rapper Alive and that irritates me greatly (especially when he called Drake the Best Rapper Alive), but that is a story for another time.

With all of the reviews for the C4, all of the comments all over the Internet about how Wayne "lost it," and all of the other forms of negative press that Wayne has received, do you believe that Wayne is angry? I would be.

I am not trying to act superior or arrogant when I say this, but my family is very well off. I can afford many of the same things that Wayne buys, and even so, I would be extremely angry if the masses talked about me in this way. Even with my money, I still get upset when I get a bad grade. I do not think to myself "Well, I am well-off, so this grade means nothing to me." I am not arrogant.

So, what I want to know is: Do you think Wayne knows about all of the recent negative press geared towards him? Do you think Wayne cares? Do you think Wayne is angry? If you feel he is angry, will this transcend to better quality music?

Discuss. Please no "tl;dr" or "How would I know? I'm not him."
    Last edited by Sportz; 01-04-2012, 04:52 PM.

Re: Do you think these kind of things anger Wayne?

I think Wayne doesn't give a flying fuck tbh.

"Mind so sharp I fuck around and cut my head off"
    http://spontaneousoverflow.com/wordpress/?p=1673

Comment

Sportz good question...I think he is a little tbh, and yes his next project will be off the walls

Comment

Originally posted by wolverinebball11 View Post
        I think Wayne doesn't give a flying fuck tbh.
        But why? Why doesn't he care? Wouldn't you care? Even with all of the money in the world, why wouldn't you care? His job as a musician is to entertain the masses, and according to a lot of the reviews he is getting, he is not successfully doing that.

Comment

His next album will show us if he cares.....but I honestly think as long as he is selling records making bad music he will not start caring....
          Mississippi x California x North Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Sportz View Post
            But why? Why doesn't he care? Wouldn't you care? Even with all of the money in the world, why wouldn't you care? His job as a musician is to entertain the masses, and according to a lot of the reviews he is getting, he is not successfully doing that.
            Because basically everything he does is wildly successful commercially. If people are buying it, it must be entertaining them

Btw, I think you're in the minority on this site but the majority in the general public.

"Mind so sharp I fuck around and cut my head off"
            http://spontaneousoverflow.com/wordpress/?p=1673

Comment

Originally posted by Cli-City View Post
              His next album will show us if he cares.....but I honestly think as long as he is selling records making bad music he will not start caring....
              we already got a dose of that

Comment

Well tbh Wayne is a sell-out and loves money Bad reviews and opinions of Wayne wouldn't really affect him.. If C4 sold 150.00 first week he would probably take it as "you need to do better" but when he sold 965.00 he probably thought "damn right, im doing well"....

Comment

At this point in his career, I highly doubt he cares. Whether the money factor is getting to his head is a reason for him not caring, it's obvious that he's not all "boo hoo" towards the negativity. He doesn't deserve to be #1 on the list. What factors make him #1? Because he sells hot records in this dying industry? Because he's becoming more of a quantity rapper than a quality?

Of course he's aware of the negativity, the question is will he resolve those problems with the next projects?

Comment

Originally posted by Cli-City View Post
                    Here's to hoping his next project will sound more like his recent verses and less like C4.

Comment

So, let me ask you guys this. What point in his career did this change take place? Like when did he start to put his artists before himself? When did he start to want to become the worst rapper in Young Money to let his artists succeed instead of staying as the Best Rapper Alive?

And has all of this negative press already started to have a positive effect on Wayne's music? Is the negative press in any way responsible for the 10-15 recent features that have been amazing? Or has the negative press not yet had an effect on him? When will it have an effect? When he doesn't win the GRAMMY for Rap Album of the Year (though I think he will)?

Comment

So, let me ask you guys this. What point in his career did this change take place? Like when did he start to put his artists before himself? When did he start to want to become the worst rapper in Young Money to let his artists succeed instead of staying as the Best Rapper Alive?

And has all of this negative press already started to have a positive effect on Wayne's music? Is the negative press in any way responsible for the 10-15 recent features that have been amazing? Or has the negative press not yet had an effect on him? When will it have an effect? When he doesn't win the GRAMMY for Rap Album of the Year (though I think he will)?
                        Right around the time Carter III sold a million....it was a reality check.."oh shit Im the hottest shit in rap".....after that you started to slowly see a decline in his music and he started focusing more on his artist....but it wasn't as evident as it is now...

As far as the press...I don't really think that has had an effect on Wayne much...its more so his team and his fans....they are so loyal that he can do no wrong and he knows that....so unless he gets a negative reaction from those two parties he will not change what he is doing
                        Mississippi x California x North Carolina

Comment

Working...
                        X