Tha Carter or Tha Carter II?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE KING 619 View Post
    Oh my bad I added C4 after I posted that.
    Nah I was saying (to me) the only Tha Carter album better than Tha Carter is II. Tha Carter>>III & IV imo
    "Armed and dangerous, rich and famous, young and restless
    Guns and stretchers
    Cristal and dubs for breakfast
    I just got one suggestion - none should test him
    'Cause cuz get hectic; send one through your sons intestines
    Glocks knock lungs from chests, you get the portrait?
    Bodies piled up on porches, it won't be gorgeous"

Comment

Really? Cuz the hooks were not good on a lot of the songs and his flow was a a little choppy at times. It was still a good album tho. I still feel the Carter III was better.

Comment

Me personally, I love both of them. I could listen from the beginning to end on both of them. I think alot of people don't like C1 that much is because his voice still wasn't developed yet and it had that "Southern" vibe to it. But C1 had alot of dope ass songs (This Is The Carter, BM JR, Miss My Dawgs, Who Wanna, Walk In/Out, Go DJ)

C2 on the other hand though was a straight classic hip-hop album in my eyes. That's when Wayne proved he was the best and he's trying to make a statement. And I love every song on that album. The production on that album was sick as well.

C2>C1

Comment

Really? Cuz the hooks were not good on a lot of the songs and his flow was a a little choppy at times. It was still a good album tho. I still feel the Carter III was better.
          That's raw rappin Wayne. The least mainstream album he's done by far. What songs were his flow choppy? C3, is only better because it has more to offer to various audiences. For anti-Wayne people and street fans, C1 is the obvious better pick. C1 is his 2nd best album.

Comment

C2>C3>C1>C4

/end thread.

Comment

His flow was impeccable on that album. And what hook didn't you like?

Idk. Tha Carter III isn't really bad, I fuck with it a lil' bit, but it's not as good as Tha Carter to me. I'm more into listening to street oriented stuff
              "Armed and dangerous, rich and famous, young and restless
              Guns and stretchers
              Cristal and dubs for breakfast
              I just got one suggestion - none should test him
              'Cause cuz get hectic; send one through your sons intestines
              Glocks knock lungs from chests, you get the portrait?
              Bodies piled up on porches, it won't be gorgeous"

Comment

Carter 1 was good but it was mediocre compared to Carter II & III.
                Carter 2 was a classic hip-hop album. Wayne found his flow and ripped that shit.
                Carter 3 had a little bit of everything for everyone and was a great album.
                Carter 4 was an OK album. Too many cheesy punchlines, metaphors, and verses.

C2 > C3 > C1 > C4
                Mediocre compared to "I told her back it up, like burp burp. And made dat azz jump, like jurp jurp", "She wanna fuck Weezy, she wanna rape Wayne" "See I get better with time, like a watch" or "Man I swear i'm on top, like the attic"... Sorry, but Tha Carter is lyrically his best studio album (his mixtapes are a lot better lyrically). Tha Carter III was my most hated album when it came out. I got a physical copy just for a coaster because I was disappointed by all the singles (except A Milli). And C4 is straight ass... I expected it to be a step up over C3 when I heard 6'7", but it failed horribly and was the most overrated album of 2011.

Comment

C2>c3>c1>c4

Comment

Real order

1. Tha Carter II
                    2. Tha Carter
                    3. Lights Out

Nothing else touches these albums (except his mixtapes). Tha Disappointment (Tha Carter III) or Mainstream Garbage II (Tha Carter IV, I Am Not A Human Being is Mainstream Garbage I) don't have any right to be in Tha Carter series... C3 is more overrated than Eminem + JayZ + The New Lil Wayne...

Very mediocre and disappointing album...

Comment

Originally posted by breezy214 View Post
                      That's raw rappin Wayne. The least mainstream album he's done by far. What songs were his flow choppy? C3, is only better because it has more to offer to various audiences. For anti-Wayne people and street fans, C1 is the obvious better pick. C1 is his 2nd best album.
                      I listened to Carter 1 again and still like Carter 3 a little better. As for his flow it was good. I take back the fact I said it was choppy (idk I guess I was thinking about Block Is Hot). The hooks just feel elementary to me (This is the Carter, On My Own, Bring It Back, Who Wanna, Get Down). Rap wise C1 is a little better. Overall music wise C3 was better IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by IMissTheOldLilWayne View Post
                        Real order

1. Tha Carter II
                        2. Tha Carter
                        3. Lights Out

Nothing else touches these albums (except his mixtapes). Tha Disappointment (Tha Carter III) or Mainstream Garbage II (Tha Carter IV, I Am Not A Human Being is Mainstream Garbage I) don't have any right to be in Tha Carter series... C3 is more overrated than Eminem + JayZ + The New Lil Wayne...

Very mediocre and disappointing album...
                        Opinions, opinions everywhere
                        OVOXO-YMCMB

Comment

Originally posted by YMCMB-FTW View Post
                          Opinions, opinions everywhere
                          Facts from a person who was a fan before Wayne blew up with his worst song of all time...

Comment

Working...
                          X