D4 outro confession: "I hope I'm remembered"- Lil Wayne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealLife View Post
    What about outside of his music, what do you think he stands for as a person? I think we can all agree his music success runs deeper that a river..
    He helped with Katrina.
    Took on Al Sharpton.
    4 Kids
    Started a clothing line that I'll be honest, I wouldn't wear, but as rich as Wayne is, he made a clothing line that all kinds of people can afford.
    He

I mean Wayne is a Rap artist.
    It's his job...

That's what we all should remember him by.

That's what he lived to do...i think...

Comment

he'll be remembered for his classic shit, not for d4.

Comment

if wayne was to pass away, would it have a big affect on the rap game like when biggie & pac died? that's what i always wondered to myself

Comment

Originally posted by SpaceGhostBlacc View Post
          if wayne was to pass away, would it have a big affect on the rap game like when biggie & pac died? that's what i always wondered to myself
          The thing about that... is that it's possible. Like how Pac's songs sometimes still get released, I'm sure Wayne's discography is way larger than what it is now with stuff that haven't been released before, even from the 90s probably. His unreleased songs would probably be released and last for years, because of his work ethic I'm sure he has a very large amount of unreleased songs/verses.

His death would have an impact because let's be real, Wayne is very active in the rap game and his energy helps keep rap alive. His energy on D4 for example, I enjoy that energy and that's one of the reasons why I enjoy listening to Wayne. With him gone I feel there'd be a huge chunk missing from the game, and both fans and rappers would be impacted.

Only difference is that the amount of people saying "Oh it's good that (insertrappername) died, finally he's gone" will be much higher for Wayne than it was for biggie & pac cause people hate on him to hate
          Last edited by YM Salute; 09-13-2012, 10:28 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=YM Salute;972335]The thing about that... is that it's possible. Like how Pac's songs sometimes still get released, I'm sure Wayne's discography is way larger than what it is now with stuff that haven't been released before, even from the 90s probably. His unreleased songs would probably be released and last for years, because of his work ethic I'm sure he has a very large amount of unreleased songs/verses. His death would have an impact because let's be real, Wayne is very active in the rap game and his energy helps keep rap alive. His energy on D4 for example, I enjoy that energy and that's one of the reasons why I enjoy listening to Wayne. With him gone I feel there'd be a huge chunk missing from the game, and both fans and rappers would be impacted. and to anyone saying that wayne doesn't have a big impact on hip-hop, they are in denial

Comment

Originally posted by SpaceGhostBlacc View Post

Hip Hop will suffer big time, potentially fall off imo. Almost every Hip hop and R&B artist popping have Lil Wayne on their single, he dominated the game to the point that his absence will be too obvious. Go on urban sites , be it on a Jay Z, Eminem, 2 Pac, Wiz Khalifa or Kanye West video... somehow you will see Lil Wayne being brought up in the comments...
              Last edited by RealLife; 09-14-2012, 12:22 AM.

Juniayaa is on a mission right now../ YMCMB fla$hing life$tyle.../ we higher & shine than whoever.

Comment

Originally posted by RealLife View Post
                Hip Hop will suffer big time, potentially fall off imo. Almost every Hip hop and R&B artist popping have Lil Wayne on their single, he dominated the game to the point that his absence will be too obvious. Go on urban sites , be it on a Jay Z, Eminem, 2 Pac, Wiz Khalifa or Kanye West video... somehow you will see Lil Wayne being brought up in the comments...
                his influence is all over hip-hop right now

Comment

​repetition is the father of learning

Comment

Originally posted by Immaculate View Post
                    that is G.O.A.T status, i'll rep you when i get the chance
                    Last edited by SpaceGhostBlacc; 09-14-2012, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X