Lol @ People who claim they know "real" hip hop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol @ People who claim they know "real" hip hop

Okay so earlier at school, I was at lunch chillin with my friends, well... associates

anyways

We were just talking, and I asked if anybody listened to the new French Montana mixtape m&c3

and couple of them were saying fuck French and that he sucks ect.

and then this kid anthony was like "Have you even listened to Good Kid Mad City?

and I was like how are you going to compare an album to a mixtape lol

Then everybody started putting in their input and the whole conversation got crazy

then a couple minutes later i said I was anxious for I Am not a human being 2

and they were all like "the fuck is that?"

I said it was a lil Wayne album

and they were all like fuck Wayne and I have bad taste in music ect, they were trying to fire me up and shit

And I began saying how Wayne basically made hip hop what it is today

and they are all looking at me as if I was crazy

and I even said Wayne made Kendrick Lamar, because if you didn't know, Wayne found kendrick back in like 2009 or 2010 I think, and Kendrick even made a mixtape that consisted of beats from Tha Carter III, but that was when Kendrick wasn't as good as he is today so obviously nobody knows about it

and they thought I was stupid or making shit up

and then i think it was this nigga chris brought up Curren$y talking about how he was the best rapper right now

I said are you crazy, and he told me to go back and listen to Wayne fag (thats how we talk, we aint about to fight and shit, the convo was serious, but we all rank on eachother like that. Which is why i dont consider them friends really lol)

And I said that if it wasn't for Wayne, Curren$y would be here.

and he had the balls to tell me what Wayne had nothing to do with Curren$y, He even said that Curren$y would never like Wayne

So I assumed he was a dumbass that never knew curren$y was with Wayne at once

So I told him that Curren$y was with Young Money back in the day, and he thought I was lying, so he looked it up on his phone, then he was like "who cares, Young Money wasn't even popular during the time"

and then I said "and y'all know what real hip hop is?"

and right before the bell was about to ring, I talked a whole paragraph about how the only reason they know anything about rap or claim they know everything about rap is because of the internet.

The only hip hop they knew back in the day was whatever was on mtv, or 106 & Park, or the radio.

and because of the internet, they can download a Nas or a Kendrick discography and think they are hip hop heads

and I said Wayne made the mixtape game what it is, and I even told them "I bet yall didnt even know what a mixtape was back in 2007"

their was alot more to this convo, but I don't want to type anymore.

Basically they just thought I was stupid because I thought Wayne practically made hip hop, and influenced just about every rapper.

And back when Wayne was wearing skinny jeans and tight ass shirts, everybody was still wearing baggy ass clothes(Im from houston, so that was the style back in like 07-08, good thing I never dressed like that tho lol)

and everybody thought Wayne was gay for dressing like that, but oh no, The New Boyz dropped the Jerk song, then everybody pulled out their skinny jeans

It just pisses me off that nobody respects wayne man

sorry it was long, I just had to get this off my chest, thank god for this forum
    Last edited by StevenHTX; 11-21-2012, 03:34 PM.

alot to read but i agree man. I got freinds like that to. Just dumbasses.

The 6ix god is watching i hope you prepared to face em

Comment

Not many people are going to read this bruh

i only skimmed through it

But well done on using paragraphs for the people who do wanna read a Harry potter book

Comment

It's "real Hip-Hop" if your passion is in it and you're rapping. Simple. The idea that lyricism and conscious rapping is true Hip-Hop is annoying as fuck.

Comment

Ya I hate when niggas do this. My friends hate on Wayne so much like fuck man. All they do is hate on Wayne to piss me off cuz I'm like the only one that's really a big Wayne fan in the crew. They say he's a waste man and shit as eminems the best rapper alive. I tell em to go listen to his old shit (which I know they never heard) when they hatin on my homies still and shit. But seriously, I too hate when niggas do that. Like seriously stop hatin and go listen to that mainstream rap you call real rap. Smh.....

Comment

Wayne in no way, shape, or form made Kendrick. Tech N9ne is actually credited with putting Kendrick on.
            http://blog.therealtechn9ne.com/2012...ock-interview/

Wayne is terrible now. French Montana is terrible. Seems to me like your friends are on point more than you are. Wayne and French Montana are not real hip hop. With that said they sound like a group of idiots too.
            Last edited by chippyr; 11-21-2012, 05:32 PM.
            "The Peace Sign Is Just A Trigger And A Middle Finger"

- Lil Wayne (4 My Town)

Comment

Didn't even read

but I guess you caught feels cause of some lame's opinion

ppl who don't acknowledge Wayne need to gtfo...
              THIS AIN'T NOTHING TO RELATE TO.

last.fm || twitter

Comment

I got friends who hates Wayne too, but I don't argue about it, I understand them. The songs they hear are Lollipop, Knockout and all his club bangers so of course they are going to hate it if you bring "he changed hiphop" to the table. Also I know if I don't like a rapper it takes more than a guys opinion for me to change how I feel about him, so I don't stress it trying to change their opinion and all.

It's just their loss, plain and simple.
                Take it out the wrapper, sit it on the stove
                Break a gram off and put it in my bitch nose
                She tells me how it feels, she's numb, she's froze
                Bitch! wake up and help me cook these o's
                I gotta get my cake up see all I eat is dough
                I'm a dangerous mothafucka watch your feets, your toes

Comment

it annoys the hell out of me when people don't know that spitta was with wayne.

Comment

Originally posted by Jollykalsi View Post
                    Ya I hate when niggas do this. My friends hate on Wayne so much like fuck man. All they do is hate on Wayne to piss me off cuz I'm like the only one that's really a big Wayne fan in the crew. They say he's a waste man and shit as eminems the best rapper alive. I tell em to go listen to his old shit (which I know they never heard) when they hatin on my homies still and shit. But seriously, I too hate when niggas do that. Like seriously stop hatin and go listen to that mainstream rap you call real rap. Smh.....
                    I agree again. There all hating on his new shit i brought Lights out and C2 to school cuse i was gone go to a freinds house after school and he was a big hatter but he loved C2 and LO but i do understand where they come from. When people say shit like if Tupac was still alive that lil wane would be working at mcdonalds i say shit like Name 5 Tupac Songs. and they cant even come up with 3. I mean yeah i listen to a Mainstream artist but it dont mean i dont know rap.

The 6ix god is watching i hope you prepared to face em

Comment

Originally posted by chippyr View Post
                      Wayne in no way, shape, or form made Kendrick. Tech N9ne is actually credited with putting Kendrick on.
                      Kendrick Lamar Talks About His Beginnings With Tech N9ne and Jay Rock [Interview] | Tech N9ne

Truth.

Comment

Wayne didn't find or discover Kendrick. The Mixtape game would still be in a good place without Wayne even though he adds so much to it, Fif actually had a lot to do with it also. And stop listening to these Hip Hop Elitist who only like Hip Hope before the 1940s. They right about French though he is trash!

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Originally posted by chippyr View Post
                        Kendrick Lamar Talks About His Beginnings With Tech N9ne and Jay Rock [Interview] | Tech N9ne

Wayne is terrible now. French Montana is terrible. Seems to me like your friends are on point more than you are. Wayne and French Montana are not real hip hop. With that said they sound like a group of idiots too.
                        I'm calling Bullshit on this one....both are real hip hop
                        Mississippi x California x North Carolina

Comment

Working...
                        X