Lol @ People who claim they know "real" hip hop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chippyr View Post
    Wayne in no way, shape, or form made Kendrick. Tech N9ne is actually credited with putting Kendrick on.
    Kendrick Lamar Talks About His Beginnings With Tech N9ne and Jay Rock [Interview] | Tech N9ne

Wayne is terrible now. French Montana is terrible. Seems to me like your friends are on point more than you are. Wayne and French Montana are not real hip hop. With that said they sound like a group of idiots too.

Yeah i've probably could have done more research, but I was just in the zone during the conversation, but I mean you can't lie that Wayne did help Kendrick in a way I guess

Comment

Question is... Why were you in school day before thanksgiving

Comment

Originally posted by SwagSwag View Post
        Question is... Why were you in school day before thanksgiving
        because my school district sucks fucking dumb ass shit

We had to go to school for the first 3 days of this week

Comment

I don't even know what "real" hip-hop is tbh

Comment

Comment

Meh, it's honestly their loss. Think of us hardcore fans as non-dickish hipsters that are sitting on a goldmine that barely anybody knows about and we get to have it all for ourselves.
              Official Lil Wayne Rap Genius Thread: http://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/lil...s-respect.html

Comment

I never found myself in this situation. I was in high school 2006-2010 so people actually liked Wayne.
                .................... ....................

Comment

Fuck em. We already know wassup, if they don't wanna acknowledge the huge impact Wayne had on rappers and the game (nobody was on the style of metaphors/punchlines AS MUCH as they are now, and they picked up their flows like ASAP Rocky said), but like I said rappers and us know what this nigga has done.

Comment

You care about wayne that much tho why is music that important to yall man like why yall get obsessed with music to the point it causes an argument, i woulda been like, "oh u dont like wayne?... iight fasho u dont have to" boom next convo

Comment

Originally posted by WeEeEeEzZzZyYy View Post
                      Not many people are going to read this bruh

i only skimmed through it

But well done on using paragraphs for the people who do wanna read a Harry potter book
                      Hey [MENTION=60086]KidComet[/MENTION], this dude's tryna take your spot.
                      ​repetition is the father of learning

Comment

Originally posted by bconover93 View Post
                        I never found myself in this situation. I was in high school 2006-2010 so people actually liked Wayne.
                        same
                        Originally posted by KidComet View Post
                        You care about wayne that much tho why is music that important to yall man like why yall get obsessed with music to the point it causes an argument, i woulda been like, "oh u dont like wayne?... iight fasho u dont have to" boom next convo
                        lol

Originally posted by StevenHTX View Post
                        Okay so earlier at school, I was at lunch chillin with my friends, well... associates

anyways

We were just talking, and I asked if anybody listened to the new French Montana mixtape m&c3

and couple of them were saying fuck French and that he sucks ect.

and then this kid anthony was like "Have you even listened to Good Kid Mad City?

and I was like how are you going to compare an album to a mixtape lol

Then everybody started putting in their input and the whole conversation got crazy

then a couple minutes later i said I was anxious for I Am not a human being 2

and they were all like "the fuck is that?"

I said it was a lil Wayne album

and they were all like fuck Wayne and I have bad taste in music ect, they were trying to fire me up and shit

And I began saying how Wayne basically made hip hop what it is today

and they are all looking at me as if I was crazy

and I even said Wayne made Kendrick Lamar, because if you didn't know, Wayne found kendrick back in like 2009 or 2010 I think, and Kendrick even made a mixtape that consisted of beats from Tha Carter III, but that was when Kendrick wasn't as good as he is today so obviously nobody knows about it

and they thought I was stupid or making shit up

and then i think it was this nigga chris brought up Curren$y talking about how he was the best rapper right now

I said are you crazy, and he told me to go back and listen to Wayne fag (thats how we talk, we aint about to fight and shit, the convo was serious, but we all rank on eachother like that. Which is why i dont consider them friends really lol)

And I said that if it wasn't for Wayne, Curren$y would be here.

and he had the balls to tell me what Wayne had nothing to do with Curren$y, He even said that Curren$y would never like Wayne

So I assumed he was a dumbass that never knew curren$y was with Wayne at once

So I told him that Curren$y was with Young Money back in the day, and he thought I was lying, so he looked it up on his phone, then he was like "who cares, Young Money wasn't even popular during the time"

and then I said "and y'all know what real hip hop is?"

and right before the bell was about to ring, I talked a whole paragraph about how the only reason they know anything about rap or claim they know everything about rap is because of the internet.

The only hip hop they knew back in the day was whatever was on mtv, or 106 & Park, or the radio.

and because of the internet, they can download a Nas or a Kendrick discography and think they are hip hop heads

and I said Wayne made the mixtape game what it is, and I even told them "I bet yall didnt even know what a mixtape was back in 2007"

their was alot more to this convo, but I don't want to type anymore.

Basically they just thought I was stupid because I thought Wayne practically made hip hop, and influenced just about every rapper.

And back when Wayne was wearing skinny jeans and tight ass shirts, everybody was still wearing baggy ass clothes(Im from houston, so that was the style back in like 07-08, good thing I never dressed like that tho lol)

and everybody thought Wayne was gay for dressing like that, but oh no, The New Boyz dropped the Jerk song, then everybody pulled out their skinny jeans

It just pisses me off that nobody respects wayne man

sorry it was long, I just had to get this off my chest, thank god for this forum
                        they knew what the fuck I am not a human being 2 was!!

Comment

fuck those ppl who claim they know real hip-hop
                          at the end of the day its just their own opinion
                          and everyone got one of those
                          ya bish

Comment

Working...
                          X