Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could have picked the first single for Tha Carter III, what would you pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my opinion, I would pick "Lollipop" to be the first single.

I'd change "A Milli" from being a single too, but I know that also did well

Comment

Lollipop

Instead of A Milli -

And also -
      ​repetition is the father of learning

Comment

I would have picked Lollipop... #1 on Billboard Hot 100, Grammy for Best Rap Song, 5 x Platinum and 10 x Platinum worldwide....

You cant replace that tbh

Juniayaa is on a mission right now../ YMCMB fla$hing life$tyle.../ we higher & shine than whoever.

Comment

Originally posted by RealLife View Post
          I would have picked Lollipop... #1 on Billboard Hot 100, Grammy for Best Rap Song, 5 x Platinum and 10 x Platinum worldwide....

You cant replace that tbh
          Yeah but dont know think if he never made that song, his career might have been different ? For example, he would still be making music on the lines of 2007-2008,

Comment

If anything I'd change songs like Mrs. Officer and Got Money as singles... Lollipop was perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by StevenHTX View Post
              Says the dude who cried for VIP
              As a troll, but u were serioous with this

Comment

Lollipop was best single for it, but I would have liked Dr. carter to be a single purely cause i think the video for that would be too dope.

*-------------~~--~~---ItsAzaa---~~--~~-------------*

--[<]--[<]--[<]--Truk Da Wur!!--[>]--[>]--[>]--

Comment

defo scrap got money as a single and from the album
                  first single for me would be tie my hands

Comment

Originally posted by KidComet View Post
                    As a troll, but u were serioous with this
                    nah foreal tho

KidComet for VIP

Comment

Originally posted by StevenHTX View Post
                      Yeah but dont know think if he never made that song, his career might have been different ? For example, he would still be making music on the lines of 2007-2008,

In my opinion... Yah his career could have been different, he could have fallen off... because good rappers come and go imo.. but Lollipop played a role in making him a household name... Someone more influencial than just a good rapper. As much as i enjoyed music between 2005-2008.. he was already oversaturating hip hop with street mixtape music but still stagnant like Meek Millz. If he didn't show growth on C3, fans could have eventually lost interest and started complaining that he's not progressing as an artist.

That's my point of view.. sorry for the huge summary lol

Juniayaa is on a mission right now../ YMCMB fla$hing life$tyle.../ we higher & shine than whoever.

Comment

Gotta go with Lollipop. I hate A Milli tho. Woulda changed that to Mr. Or Dr. Carter, Gossip, I'm Me, Love Me or Hate Me, La La La... He kinda needed something serious. Well not REALLY, but hey.

Lil Wayne, Drake, Chance the Rapper, Skooly, Rich Homie Quan, 2 Chainz.

Comment

Originally posted by RealLife View Post
                          In my opinion... Yah his career could have been different, he could have fallen off... because good rappers come and go imo.. but Lollipop played a role in making him a household name... Someone more influencial than just a good rapper. As much as i enjoyed music between 2005-2008.. he was already oversaturating hip hop with street mixtape music but still stagnant like Meek Millz. If he didn't show growth on C3, fans could have eventually lost interest and started complaining that he's not progressing as an artist.

That's my point of view.. sorry for the huge summary lol
                          No your right that makes sense.

Because if he would have kept making the same music, we wouldn't know how truly great it was.

Comment

Working...
                          X