Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could have picked the first single for Tha Carter III, what would you pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealLife View Post
    The Only Reason was dope tbh... but when its all said and done Lil Wayne needed a song like Lollipop to breakthrough. The leaks might have affected his career but in my opinion it worked for the best because i bought C3 solely because i was impressed with the leaks from C3 session. He could have sold less if it wasn't for momentum behind C3's leaks... just my opinion.

Edit: I still wish he had released C3 as a double disc though... C3 the leak and the official C3.

Yeah regardless it was a great album, but do think as an Hip-Hop artist Wayne would get the respect he deserves if he put some of those leaks into like a C3 Leftover album just have them remastered.
    "When I die I hope Heaven got a studio" - Slim Dunkin

Comment

Eat You Alive would have been huge.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgiaBoyTool View Post
        The Empire leaked La La La (The Drought Is Over 2) too as well as The Only Reason (The Drought Is Over 5), the video for The Only Reason was released December 2007 as the 1st single but was scrapped for Lollipop.
        Only reason was scrapped bcuz it leaked, action got a unreleased video but got scrapped for lollipop

''They say they want the drugs to stop but imma major setback when my album drop''

Comment

^Damn. For real? Action > The Original Lollipop (The Remix trumps both though.)

Comment

Originally posted by WeezyFan View Post
            Only reason was scrapped bcuz it leaked, action got a unreleased video but got scrapped for lollipop
            Yea The Empire ruined what Tha Carter III could have been.
            "When I die I hope Heaven got a studio" - Slim Dunkin

Comment

Originally posted by 2006WayneForever View Post
              ^Damn. For real? Action > The Original Lollipop (The Remix trumps both though.)
              yeah was a mtv article in 07 about the video & remix being done & ready

''They say they want the drugs to stop but imma major setback when my album drop''

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgiaBoyTool View Post
                Yea The Empire ruined what Tha Carter III could have been.
                youve just been hit in the head with a worldwide exclusive

if your not getting our drops, then this is not a true exclusive

Comment

Hmm tough decision. I'd say either Shoot Me Down or Tie My Hands.
                  I kinda like Misunderstood too. Other than the fact like 6 minutes of it was him talking/ranting. I feel like if he released that as a single, it would have gained more attention and people would have listened to what he was saying; they would really fucking understand him (and the things he said about society).

Then again, I thought Play With Fire was awesome. His wordplay was on point on that track.

Comment

Mr. Carter
                    a Jay feature gotta add that mainstream appeal

Comment

One Night Only, Mr. Carter, Something You Forgot, La La La, etc.
                      www.Facebook.com/KnocturnalWriters

Comment

i would have chosen Prostitute 2 i think that song would have had a major impact at that time.

Comment

Working...
                        X