X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just stop hanging around with those skaters

Comment

Originally posted by Matty Muffins View Post
      These are my sentiments exactly. He's got a good flow but yeah his hunger is just not there. Last time I think he ever really had that hunger was Tha Carter III.

Same thing i thought!

Comment

Originally posted by iBeast View Post
        1.) He needs to Care
        2.) He needs to write music down (IMO that would help with his subject matters)
        3.) Release less music (As much as I love hearing new features, I think him releasing less music would make the features that he does do way better... I hate when I hear like 1 or 2 sick lines in a verse and the rest is okay)
        i disagree. look at blunt blowin - supposedly he wrote that down and the lyrics to that song fucking blow. all his best shit was off the top of his head - no pen, no pad. that's how he keeps it crazy and interesting... free associative c3, drought 3 type stream of consciousness stuff. can't beat that for my money.

listen to his words on IANAHB2 intro. he's doing that 2007-2009 thing where he raps individual syllables and connects his lines with similar thoughts, it all blends so much better. "like a white boy wearing black paint you're a fake ass nigga... break pads, nigga... wait, you ain't in my weight class, nigga.. looking for the motherfucking man in the mirror... running this shit like a faucet, farah, bara- cuda, who da fuck you are? i can make your bitch root for me like i grew her" see how he plays with language and connects all the different ideas with syllable rhymes and subject lines? there are a thousand examples of this, but the most popular one is probably a milli.

the intro is probably the only place he uses that rhyming pattern on the new album (actually he does this in the last verse of shit stain too, maybe one or two other areas I don't have time to look into it)... more typically these days he does unrelated, standalone lines that are usually boasts or one-liners that are totally unrelated to what came before and after them - this is the style he began way back on 6'7', sick as that track was, if you listen you'll hear what i mean. it's the very beginning of the hyper, A.D.D. weezy lol.
        Last edited by no_tom&jerry; 04-01-2013, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by no_tom&jerry View Post
          i disagree. look at blunt blowin - supposedly he wrote that down and the lyrics to that song fucking blow. all his best shit was off the top of his head - no pen, no pad. that's how he keeps it crazy and interesting... free associative c3, drought 3 type stream of consciousness stuff. can't beat that for my money.

listen to his words on IANAHB2 intro. he's doing that 2007-2009 thing where he raps individual syllables and connects his lines with similar thoughts, it all blends so much better. "like a white boy wearing black paint you're a fake ass nigga... break pads, nigga... wait, you ain't in my weight class, nigga.. looking for the motherfucking man in the mirror... running this shit like a faucet, farah, bara- cuda, who da fuck you are? i can make your bitch root for me like i grew her" see how he plays with language and connects all the different ideas with syllable rhymes and subject lines? there are a thousand examples of this, but the most popular one is probably a milli.

the intro is probably the only place he uses that rhyming pattern on the new album (actually he does this in the last verse of shit stain too, maybe one or two other areas I don't have time to look into it)... more typically these days he does unrelated, standalone lines that are usually boasts or one-liners that are totally unrelated to what came before and after them - this is the style he began way back on 6'7', sick as that track was, if you listen you'll hear what i mean. it's the very beginning of the hyper, A.D.D. weezy lol.

I love it when he does that because basically he can rhyme anything together

Comment

Originally posted by back on my bullish*t View Post
            his rapping skills are fine
            weezy just needs his hunger back
            Very true

Comment

Originally posted by YoungTunechie View Post
              I love it when he does that because basically he can rhyme anything together
              exactly! I wish he would do that flow full time, I really do.

Comment

I wish he'd do that smooth "young mula babbyy!" instead of his loud annoying one he does now.
                .................... ....................

Comment

Originally posted by Flame Beats View Post
                  I wish he'd do that smooth "young mula babbyy!" instead of his loud annoying one he does now.
                  yaaaang mula babyyy
                  in hot revolver is epic

Comment

Originally posted by Flame Beats View Post

I don't really care what he does both of them sound great

Comment

Originally posted by __cas__ View Post
                      1. Care about music again.

That's all.
                      So TRUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Comment

He takes too much time into skateboarding and talks about his sex life, like no one care about what he does with women!

Comment

If the dude wants to skate, then let him skate. He's not trying to please you, and your opinion is not gonna matter to him. its his life, he's gonna do what he wants to do. Grow up.

Comment

Working...
                          X