Lil Wayne's Rapping Skills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IAmChristian_ View Post
    If the dude wants to skate, then let him skate. He's not trying to please you, and your opinion is not gonna matter to him. its his life, he's gonna do what he wants to do. Grow up.

I know it is his life but remember that he signed a 4 or 5 cd contract with cash money?

Well it is also his last albums and as fans we just want him to give it his best because it his last albums.

Then after that he can go back into skateboarding and whatever he wants to. (Although i know it won't change his opinion)

Comment

Originally posted by YoungTunechie View Post
      I know it is his life but remember that he signed a 4 or 5 cd contract with cash money?

Well it is also his last albums and as fans we just want him to give it his best because it his last albums.

Then after that he can go back into skateboarding and whatever he wants to. (Although i know it won't change his opinion)

Skating has nothing to do with his music if you really think about it. When he's not in the studio, he's skating. he's not skating in the studio, he's rapping and dedicated to it while there.

Comment

Skating has nothing to do with his music if you really think about it. When he's not in the studio, he's skating. he's not skating in the studio, he's rapping and dedicated to it while there.

And all he talks about is skating and fucking bitches, nobody wants to hear that, but oh well

Comment

I like wayne's flow from 2007-present. Alot of people liked him back in the hot boys days and carter 1 & 2 i didn't like that wayne too much.. i prefer the funny ass metaphors and clever ass punchlines he brings, you can listen to his songs 20 times and still here something great everytime. Sure he has a few bad songs but fuck it look at all the hits he has given us.. it's funny to see you people saying he needs to stop skateboarding like you control his life or something lol. Like he said in one of his newer tracks.. "you can play a role in my life but not the lead".

Comment

apparently he has skate ramps in the studio

#FREEVELVET

Comment

Originally posted by Lil_zimmie View Post
              apparently he has skate ramps in the studio
              Well again, its not like it affects the other one. When he's doing one, he's completely dedicated to it.

Comment

He deff needs his hunger back and more dope features not only YMCMB ones.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungTunechie View Post
                  And all he talks about is skating and fucking bitches, nobody wants to hear that, but oh well
                  You may not want to hear that, but maybe to others they like it. Maybe they wanna hear it. You can't try and say that your opinion is the same as everybody else's.

Comment

Fans are looking for Weezy to be more consistent, to diversify his subject matter, and fine tune his work. I don't think any of us are asking him to let go of his gifts. Weezy is not a wordsmith like Pharoe Monch or Canibus - nor is he the type of artist to be deliberate in making a consistent body of work like Nas or Kanye. But those flaws are partly what makes him so appealing. Because he's more likely to approach his work like a freestyle, you get all these bizzare metaphors, crazy flows, and free-associative non-sequiturs. That's why I feel Weezy has one of the best deliveries in the game, because he manages to keep the spontaneity of a freestyle and combine it with persona and charisma. If he can improve as a rapper and focus on being more consistent, that would be great too. But he should also try to preserve those strengths of his.

Comment

You may not want to hear that, but maybe to others they like it. Maybe they wanna hear it. You can't try and say that your opinion is the same as everybody else's.

And there might be some people that agree with me...

Comment

i'm actually writing an IANAHB2 review presently and i mention this sort of thing. i can post the whole article here when it's done, but for now here's that one part which covers the point i want to make here:

He is too young to hang it up and settle complacently into his most publicly beloved style (if there even is one). Dwayne Carter is only 30 years old and he is more interested in moving the rap genre forward – specifically by fusing it with pop and electronic music like so many of his contemporaries. Lil Wayne is a pop star now, not a nostalgia act. He has been trying to successfully merge the divide between rap and pop since his Lollipop days and with IANAHB2 he is one step closer. Not content to sit back and ride out his career as "2008 Wayne" he still sees himself as a very relevant force in popular music, as he should. He refuses to be a rap dinosaur just yet; a Nas or an Ice Cube who gets wheeled out every few months to tackle a guest appearance or put out a record appealing to an audience of thirty-somethings wanting to safely revisit their rebellious years. For better or worse, "Tunechi" is the future... at least for a few more years. He is still evolving and shaping music. Such an undertaking is always going to be a slippery slope for an artist like Wayne, because he has been so many things to so many people throughout his career, and knowing he will never please everybody, he ends up not caring if he pleases anybody. He once again follows his muse and alienates half of his hardcore fanbase, while doubling its numbers in the process. There's a whole new generation of listeners who don't give a fuck about Da Drought 3 and Tha Carter 2 and how groundbreaking these records were; they like 2013 Trap Weezy with his A.D.D. flow, his rapid-fire one-liners and his XXX-rated lyrics. He's a genuine rock star and his music pisses off parents and makes anyone over 25 cringe... isn't that what a rock star is supposed to do? I remember how the C1- and C2-heads wrote him off after C3 came out, only to come back around and cite C3 as his peak era when C4 was confounding fans worldwide.

Comment

Originally posted by no_tom&jerry View Post
                          i'm actually writing an IANAHB2 review presently and i mention this sort of thing. i can post the whole article here when it's done, but for now here's that one part which covers the point i want to make here:

He is too young to hang it up and settle complacently into his most publicly beloved style (if there even is one). Dwayne Carter is only 30 years old and he is more interested in moving the rap genre forward – specifically by fusing it with pop and electronic music like so many of his contemporaries. Lil Wayne is a pop star now, not a nostalgia act. He has been trying to successfully merge the divide between rap and pop since his Lollipop days and with IANAHB2 he is one step closer. Not content to sit back and ride out his career as "2008 Wayne" he still sees himself as a very relevant force in popular music, as he should. He refuses to be a rap dinosaur just yet; a Nas or an Ice Cube who gets wheeled out every few months to tackle a guest appearance or put out a record appealing to an audience of thirty-somethings wanting to safely revisit their rebellious years. For better or worse, "Tunechi" is the future... at least for a few more years. He is still evolving and shaping music. Such an undertaking is always going to be a slippery slope for an artist like Wayne, because he has been so many things to so many people throughout his career, and knowing he will never please everybody, he ends up not caring if he pleases anybody. He once again follows his muse and alienates half of his hardcore fanbase, while doubling its numbers in the process. There's a whole new generation of listeners who don't give a fuck about Da Drought 3 and Tha Carter 2 and how groundbreaking these records were; they like 2013 Trap Weezy with his A.D.D. flow, his rapid-fire one-liners and his XXX-rated lyrics. He's a genuine rock star and his music pisses off parents and makes anyone over 25 cringe... isn't that what a rock star is supposed to do? I remember how the C1- and C2-heads wrote him off after C3 came out, only to come back around and cite C3 as his peak era when C4 was confounding fans worldwide.

I salute you for that!

Comment

Working...
                          X