Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Blueprint IV vs. Tha Carter V ("Which Will Sell More?" Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Blueprint IV vs. Tha Carter V ("Which Will Sell More?" Discussion)

Tha Carter V will most likely be the last 'hoo-rah' for Wayne and put a climactic end to one of the greatest hip-hop album series of all time, but could it compete with a theoretical "The Blueprint IV"? If they release around the same time, it would be one epic time in the history of hip-hop.
    Who will win when it comes to sales, and take the crown for "Greatest Closure Album" in rap history?
    I'm excited!!

That shit is going to be crazy and sad

but idk I feel like Jay Z would have more sales then wayne

but who knows
    I could sell Sweet and Low to Sugar Ray Leonard!!!

Comment

obviously young tunechi

jay-z will probably have tyga sales

Comment

Wayne will have the sales.
        Jay-Z will probably have the better lyricism.

This is mainly branching off of that Adam Bhala interview about Universal fucking Wayne's albums up when choosing... so lyrically speaking and song placement I'll say Jay-Z will prolly have that. Wayne def will get the sales, it's a fucking Carter album. Not only that it'll be his last.

Comment

of course imma go with weezy on this one.

but ask this on a jayz forum and they will go for jay.

Comment

jay-z will have both b

sales & lyricism

Comment

I think that this will become the greatest rap album battle in the history of music, and it will be sad as fuck, and crazy as fuck. Everything about it will be nostalgic; the first single, the release date, what he talks about... It will be so dissected by this community that every letter in every word will have a meaning I bet.
              But in the end, it's just an average rap album.

Comment

Originally posted by Goobz2bags View Post
                jay-z will have both b

sales & lyricism
                Buggin bro. Wayne will get sales pretty easily with C5.

Originally posted by aarontropf View Post
                I think that this will become the greatest rap album battle in the history of music, and it will be sad as fuck, and crazy as fuck. Everything about it will be nostalgic; the first single, the release date, what he talks about... It will be so dissected by this community that every letter in every word will have a meaning I bet.
                But in the end, it's just an average rap album.
                Yeah I'll feel some type of way lol... but lets be real, this prolly most likely will be his last album but I bet he still gon hop on some tracks sometimes, we'll get some unreleased Wayne tracks, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by YM Salute View Post
                  Buggin bro. Wayne will get sales pretty easily with C5.

Yeah I'll feel some type of way lol... but lets be real, this prolly most likely will be his last album but I bet he still gon hop on some tracks sometimes, we'll get some unreleased Wayne tracks, etc.
                  But will it ever be the same after in any of those features? It will be crazy to me that his SOLO career will be over, it's all just whatever after that, ya know? It is going to be crazy. The most hyped all of us will ever be for a piece of Wayne's music (:

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by WeEeEeEzZzZyYy View Post
                  obviously young tunechi

jay-z will probably have tyga sales
                  Hahahahahaha

Comment

Weezy will sell more for sure, cause it's a Carter album, but Jay-Z will probably have better song selection.

Comment

Wayne will sell more and put out a better album... I know he won't fuck up C5.

Comment

I don't know why the last guy said that Jay will sell more than Wayne, Jay's last solo album only did 500k first week back in 09, people have already experienced Jay retiring so it would not be as big as a deal to the hip-hop community, where Wayne has never retired before and it would be a huge deal for the hip-hop community. Wayne should be looking at C5 as if it is his Black Album and put his all in it if he really wants to be remembered like Jay was after the Black Album.

C5 has to be better than C3 and C2 (at least C3) if he wants to be solidified by everyone in the legends status, and not just his fans.

I would love to see both albums go head to head during the first week, like Ye and 50 did. I think that would mean the world to Wayne, competing with his idol after all these years and actually see him best his idol that he looked up to from the start.
                        Official Lil Wayne Rap Genius Thread: http://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/lil...s-respect.html

Comment

Working...
                        X