Best songs 2008-2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by no_tom&jerry View Post
    nice picks. i actually don't know "ay man"... gotta get me that one. btw- there's no doubt in my mind that weezy wrote gudda's verse in new orleans maniac! how can someone rap as HORRIBLY as gudda does on the demolitions (and elsewhere) and then spit a verse like that? in the same time period! not to mention, it sounds exactly like a weezy verse. just imagine wayne spittin that next time u hear it and you'll see what i mean.
    i dont agree
    listen to gudda more
    he can actually rap
    did you not hear his verse on gunwalk??

Comment

yeah i heard it. it's a pretty dope verse no doubt, but he's had 5 years to hone his craft since demolition/new orleans maniac. i just find it hard to believe that the same person could be so terrible on one song and so sick on another - in the same time period. and like i said, his n.o. maniac verse just SOUNDS like weezy's words. listen and imagine weezy saying that shit. on gunwalk at least he sounds like he's doing his own style and he's come into it more since 2008-9

Comment

yeah i heard it. it's a pretty dope verse no doubt, but he's had 5 years to hone his craft since demolition/new orleans maniac. i just find it hard to believe that the same person could be so terrible on one song and so sick on another - in the same time period. and like i said, his n.o. maniac verse just SOUNDS like weezy's words. listen and imagine weezy saying that shit. on gunwalk at least he sounds like he's doing his own style and he's come into it more since 2008-9
        Gudda been with Wayne forever. No shit they sound alike.

This is a dumbass thread.
        ​repetition is the father of learning

Comment

How has no one said Kobe Bryant? That shit is amazing.

Lil Wayne, Drake, Chance the Rapper, Skooly, Rich Homie Quan, 2 Chainz.

Comment

Originally posted by Immaculate View Post
            Gudda been with Wayne forever. No shit they sound alike.

This is a dumbass thread.
            you missed the point. we saying gudda sounds like absolute ass in one song and then a minute later he sounds dope in another. nevermind. and who are you to judge the value of this thread? no one's twisting your arm to participate in it man.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by TyIquan View Post
            How has no one said Kobe Bryant? That shit is amazing.
            hell yeah. sick track

Comment

No Quitter; the Michael Phelps tribute. And he doesn't even cuss on that track...

Comment

People givin you suggestions and everyone of them your shutting down cuz its not in the right time frame, nigga pick yo own songs for your CD

/ thread

Comment

If you're looking for the songs between C3 and IANAHB you should expand your period to 2010 tho, and alot of legendary songs came out right before C3 just sayin. Well whatever

I'm The Truth
                  Outstanding
                  The American Dream
                  I'm Not Human
                  New Orelans Maniac
                  D.O.A

Lost and Breaktime should be mentioned too eventho they're not "life changing" features.
                  Last edited by Iamhiph0p; 05-13-2013, 04:24 PM.
                  Take it out the wrapper, sit it on the stove
                  Break a gram off and put it in my bitch nose
                  She tells me how it feels, she's numb, she's froze
                  Bitch! wake up and help me cook these o's
                  I gotta get my cake up see all I eat is dough
                  I'm a dangerous mothafucka watch your feets, your toes

Comment

Originally posted by Iamhiph0p View Post
                    If you're looking for the songs between C3 and IANAHB you should expand your period to 2010 tho, and alot of legendary songs came out right before C3 just sayin. Well whatever

I'm The Truth
                    Outstanding
                    The American Dream
                    I'm Not Human
                    New Orelans Maniac
                    D.O.A

Lost and Breaktime should be mentioned too eventho they're not "life changing" features.
                    i always categorize the songs that came out just before c3 as part of c3 sessions, like American Dream and Outstanding... i thought those were c3 sessions.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by spennyj69 View Post
                    People givin you suggestions and everyone of them your shutting down cuz its not in the right time frame, nigga pick yo own songs for your CD

/ thread
                    huh?!?! i'm not shootin down any suggestions! i said "good pick" and "dope track" and whatever the fuck else i said. alls i said was gudda was garbage in 2008-9. i totally appreciate everyone's picks. so much fuckin hostility on this forum.

Comment

i always categorize the songs that came out just before c3 as part of c3 sessions, like American Dream and Outstanding... i thought those were c3 sessions
                      Well they dropped after C3 so it's what you requested
                      Take it out the wrapper, sit it on the stove
                      Break a gram off and put it in my bitch nose
                      She tells me how it feels, she's numb, she's froze
                      Bitch! wake up and help me cook these o's
                      I gotta get my cake up see all I eat is dough
                      I'm a dangerous mothafucka watch your feets, your toes

Comment

Ay muchas canciones que me encantan. No puedo escoger, perd�name.
                        WIZHEEZY�
                        Originally posted by nickiminajsitonmyface
                        I never cared about you WizHeezy lol. All you ever did was hurt my feelings over the Internet.

Comment

true true. btw- i'm not human is a fucking great choice. by far one of his best songs from that period. i actually think sometimes that his falling off can be traced back to that song specifically, because that track was so dope and then he re-did it for IANAHB which was far inferior to it. too many ass lickers in his entourage couldn't say "wayne u should just use the original one, the lyrics were about a million times better and the flow/delivery was sick". IANAHB was really where a lot of the problems started, which i was too blind to see at the time cos i was so hyped to be gettin some new weezy... but looking back a lot of his lyrics on that album were pretty sub-par. he'd lost that hunger and that maniacal edge; his delivery became kind of tame, he started doing the hash tag rap, the punchlines took a nosedive too......... didn't he quit smoking weed or drinking syrup at that time? prolly a connection there.

Comment

Working...
                          X