Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Black00 View Post
    hey fellas , been listening to thinkin about you

so , you think this is an old song or did wayne tried to do a track like the old days?
    He was paying homage to New Orleans
    "Armed and dangerous, rich and famous, young and restless
    Guns and stretchers
    Cristal and dubs for breakfast
    I just got one suggestion - none should test him
    'Cause cuz get hectic; send one through your sons intestines
    Glocks knock lungs from chests, you get the portrait?
    Bodies piled up on porches, it won't be gorgeous"

Comment

• Originally posted by mode View Post
      NC wasnt nearly perfect, i twas good, he rapped, but as far as like.. creative output.. i cant really say its one of his top tapes. but it was pretty concentrated..

hm, d5 vs nc is pretty interesting.
      I think they're very comparable.

It's like...coming off of 07-08 I wasn't really feeling NC tho. But coming off of 11-12, I can really fuck with D5. If that makes sense. I guess I felt like he was getting worse with NC, but here he's at a point where I see him getting better.

If I just step back and judge the music tho, they're pretty even to me. I skip a few songs on both. I really dig most of his lines, and he has some shitty ones.

Lil Wayne, Drake, Chance the Rapper, Skooly, Rich Homie Quan, 2 Chainz.

Comment

• I'm just wondering who mixed lean in his soda and weed in his cigars behind his back lol. I mean couldn't stand D4 but I blast the fuck out of this tape. I knew the tape would be dope when he put Weeknd on that amazing intro for a mixtape. And holy SHIT he really used that C.R.E.A.M beat and nailed it!
        You Song was a different side of Wayne tbh. I like the sound of it
        He went in hard on Started and Fucking Problems with the flow and everything.
        And what about Pure Colombia? Still Got That Rock? Like how the fuck did he manage this while touring and everything.

Devastation verse must be a D4 leftover tho. Ugh, waste of potential
        Take it out the wrapper, sit it on the stove
        Break a gram off and put it in my bitch nose
        She tells me how it feels, she's numb, she's froze
        Bitch! wake up and help me cook these o's
        I gotta get my cake up see all I eat is dough
        I'm a dangerous mothafucka watch your feets, your toes

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamhiph0p View Post
          I'm just wondering who mixed lean in his soda and weed in his cigars behind his back lol. I mean couldn't stand D4 but I blast the fuck out of this tape. I knew the tape would be dope when he put Weeknd on that amazing intro for a mixtape. And holy SHIT he really used that C.R.E.A.M beat and nailed it!
          You Song was a different side of Wayne tbh. I like the sound of it
          He went in hard on Started and Fucking Problems with the flow and everything.
          And what about Pure Colombia? Still Got That Rock? Like how the fuck did he manage this while touring and everything.

Devastation verse must be a D4 leftover tho. Ugh, waste of potential
          Devastation was dope to me

I was just reading through the thread and saw y'all talking about that two quarters line

I didn't even think to relate the two quarters to Curtis, that was dope
          "Armed and dangerous, rich and famous, young and restless
          Guns and stretchers
          Cristal and dubs for breakfast
          I just got one suggestion - none should test him
          'Cause cuz get hectic; send one through your sons intestines
          Glocks knock lungs from chests, you get the portrait?
          Bodies piled up on porches, it won't be gorgeous"

Comment

• Originally posted by TyIquan View Post
            I think they're very comparable.

It's like...coming off of 07-08 I wasn't really feeling NC tho. But coming off of 11-12, I can really fuck with D5. If that makes sense. I guess I felt like he was getting worse with NC, but here he's at a point where I see him getting better.

If I just step back and judge the music tho, they're pretty even to me. I skip a few songs on both. I really dig most of his lines, and he has some shitty ones.

yeah no they definitely are, both cases youre dealing w a post prime wayne.

he rapped well enough on NC, but it also introduced the lazy ass beat selection that hes been on.

before that tape, it was sort of an artful direction, afterwards, it was whatever is hard on the radio.

waynes style suffered from there, but he also was crazyyyyyyyyy happy on no ceilings.

and just happy to be rapping, so thats cool, d5 has more purpose. which feels good to listen to.

looool somewhere lost in all this, is sorry 4 the wait.

Comment

• IMO NC to me is still one of the greatest mixtape to ever grace this earth... (closely followed by SFG) anyway...D5 is dope. What other rapper is gunna chuck out 29 free tracks? I know not all are great, some I dislike but a lot do bang. Some really good tracks in there considering we all know Wayne was still recording a track the other night for it whilst touring the entire US. That's beast mode man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisheezy View Post
                IMO NC to me is still one of the greatest mixtape to ever grace this earth... (closely followed by SFG) anyway...D5 is dope. What other rapper is gunna chuck out 29 free tracks? I know not all are great, some I dislike but a lot do bang. Some really good tracks in there considering we all know Wayne was still recording a track the other night for it whilst touring the entire US. That's beast mode man.
                tbvh

Comment

• I'm Still On My D5 High & I Don't See Me Coming Down No Time Soon

I Don't Dislike Not 1 Track . . .

I've Listen From Start 2 Finish 7 Times . . .

I Love The Flow/Lyrics Hella Quotables . . . D5 Is Just That Crack

It's My Top 2-3 Dedication

It's His Best Body Of Work Since No Ceilings & I'm Debating Which Is Better . . I'll Decide In A Month Of 2 Wen I'm Off My High

Thank You Lil Wayne

Comment

• Originally posted by Cli-City View Post
                    You Song...Levels. Typa Way...Last verse on Cream... Hook on Dont kill. All Euro and Tips verses. Live life beat..Pure Columbia. Still got the rock. Best remix verse is fucking problems. Didn't like anything else. Hey Mehn imma just be honest Wayne just doesn't really interest me anymore. I listen because I love hip hop and I take away what I like. If y'all like it I can def see why. I don't even listen to old Wayne anymore so it's more of a change of sound thing. But I do think some of these songs Wayne seemed like Wayne held back a little.
                    All good.. Shit I didn't even know it was really coming so I havent listened to wayne in forever and no other rappers other than Ye and Hov

But Im really enjoying it. Theres a difference in him this time.. The flows and content arent forced

What comes easy, won't Last. What Lasts won't come easy.

Comment

• I'm still bumpin' to this shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Wisheezy View Post
                      IMO NC to me is still one of the greatest mixtape to ever grace this earth... (closely followed by SFG) anyway...D5 is dope. What other rapper is gunna chuck out 29 free tracks? I know not all are great, some I dislike but a lot do bang. Some really good tracks in there considering we all know Wayne was still recording a track the other night for it whilst touring the entire US. That's beast mode man.

Yeah i think this doesn't beat NC but it's still a great job by weezy

Comment

• They say Wayne doesn't go to the studio no more and just skates all the time, but he released a mixtape with 29 tracks...even the new rappers who act hungry dont do that tbh
                        Originally posted by Shake
                        Why so negative all the time???

Comment

• Do we seem to forget that No Ceilings had fuckin' Poke-Her-Face? SMH! And Sweet Dreams? And Break Up? And I like Break Up. But not that much. It had some trash. I just wanna remind people. Some pretty questionable lines. D5 at it's best is better.

Comment

Working...
                          X