Why does Ye Get A Pass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does Ye Get A Pass?

Lil Wayne and Kanye West are similar in a lot of ways. They both take chances with their music and even what they wear, but only Lil Wayne gets hated on. Why is this?

They both wear some weird clothes. Wayne's swag has been off since he got out. And it seems Ye can't not wear some tight leather pants. Didn't he even wear a skirt?

After listening to Yeezus even though the production was dope as fuck it seems Kanye's lyrical game has fallen off. I would put C4,D4 & IANAHBII above Yeezus lyrically.

So why is it that Wayne gets hated on by seemingly everybody, but Kanye can do a lot of the same things and nobody says anything?

Last edited by Kushed God; 06-22-2013, 01:37 AM.

cuz its Lil Wayne...

"Born in New Orleans, raised in New Orleans, I will forever remain faithful New Orleans"

Comment

Well, for a start, because Kanye's always been considered an extreme artist. Like he said, he started backpack-and-polo rap. Wayne started out, and remained, a usual gangster rapper for most of his career. (Albeit he was better than 99% of most guys.) Another thing: when Kanye does eccentric things, it usually breaks waves. Taylor Swift, George Bush, all of those things are so god-damn crazy.

I don't care at all about what they wear. But those projects you named are not better lyrically than Yeezus. Yeezus is weak lyrically, but it's Kanye being ignorant and boasting, something he's always done.

Plus, Kanye's production on Bound 2 > every Wayne produced song in the past year put together.

Music critics have hailed Yeezus. They're not doing it because they hate Wayne; they're doing it because Yeezus is good, and, quite frankly, Wayne's current ish isn't.

Comment

Cause Kanye always stayed true to himself

While Weezy lost so much fans after he turned from gangster rapper, to rock rapper, to skateboard rapper, all while still talking about the same things.

How you gonna skateboard and still claim to shoot guns and kill people

Comment

Kanye could kill someone and his fans would still call it deep.

Comment

Originally posted by KidComet View Post

While Weezy lost so much fans after he turned from gangster rapper, to rock rapper, to skateboard rapper, all while still talking about the same things.

LOL, stereotype much. You don't have to stick to one shtick because you hood. I'm from the streets, that don't mean I can't listen to rock music.

You don't have to fall into a stereotype.

People don't like Wayne these days because he has lost that unth, if you know what I mean. He can spit some dope shit now and it just don't have the unth that old Wayne had. He had a presence unlike any rapper I have ever seen. Not to mention lyrically he's not always on point anymore.

Comment

if you hate Wayne with a passion you are so cool and following the trend.

if you like wayne you are lame as fuck and doesn't have a clue about music cause all lil wayne songs are like got money, rich as fuck, the motto and lollipop.

''They say they want the drugs to stop but imma major setback when my album drop''

Comment

Originally posted by WeezyFan View Post
                if you hate Wayne with a passion you are so cool and following the trend.

if you like wayne you are lame as fuck and doesn't have a clue about music cause all lil wayne songs are like got money, rich as fuck, the motto and lollipop.
                Exactly.

Comment

I know quite a few professional skaters that have been shot.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by WeezYIsCraaazY View Post
                  Well, for a start, because Kanye's always been considered an extreme artist. Like he said, he started backpack-and-polo rap. Wayne started out, and remained, a usual gangster rapper for most of his career. (Albeit he was better than 99% of most guys.) Another thing: when Kanye does eccentric things, it usually breaks waves. Taylor Swift, George Bush, all of those things are so god-damn crazy.

I don't care at all about what they wear. But those projects you named are not better lyrically than Yeezus. Yeezus is weak lyrically, but it's Kanye being ignorant and boasting, something he's always done.

Plus, Kanye's production on Bound 2 > every Wayne produced song in the past year put together.

Music critics have hailed Yeezus. They're not doing it because they hate Wayne; they're doing it because Yeezus is good, and, quite frankly, Wayne's current ish isn't.

Trigger Finger is better lyrically and in flow than any song on Yeezus.
                  Official Lil Wayne Rap Genius Thread: http://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/lil...s-respect.html

Comment

This

Comment

look at who is hating on wayne in this thread doe

the fuckin trolls

lwhq if you dont like wayne

Comment

I think if Kanye West was a better music artist than Lil Wayne then he would get the hate Wayne does =/

But Wayne gets the hate because he is a better music artist =)

Comment

Working...
                        X