X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IANAHB2 View Post
    How many do you think he has??
    Okay maybe add C1, but really anymore than 3 and you're fooling yourself
    LFLS is definitely a classic as well as Tha Block Is Hot.

Well to me they are =)

Comment

Originally posted by YMCMB357 View Post
      LFLS is. definitely a classic as well as Tha Block Is Hot.

Well to me they are =)
      I think there is no 'real amount'..
      I just love IANAHB cause it dropped on my Florida-Vacation 2010 and I rocked it during the whole 3 weeks, so it has a deeper meaning for me as C4 for example.

Comment

Wayne has ~6 projects that are Legendary (C1,C2,C3, Drought 3, Dedication 3, No Ceilings, Like Father Like Son) and 3 that are great (The Leak, Sorry 4 the wait, Dedication 5) and countless feature verses that made shit songs #1 hits.

Kanye has maybe 4 great albums.

This shit isn't even close, there discogs aren't even comparable. A Jay Z vs Lil Wayne thread would be more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmehFTW View Post
          Wayne has ~6 projects that are Legendary (C1,C2,C3, Drought 3, Dedication 3, No Ceilings, Like Father Like Son) and 3 that are great (The Leak, Sorry 4 the wait, Dedication 5) and countless feature verses that made shit songs #1 hits.

Kanye has maybe 4 great albums.

This shit isn't even close, there discogs aren't even comparable. A Jay Z vs Lil Wayne thread would be more interesting.
          If No Ceilings is legendary, every single Kanye album is top 10 of all time.

How are you gonna throw the term legendary around for a good mixtape?

S4TW and D5 are great? Really? A bunch of dick lines and boasty songs. Nothing special about them at all tbh.

In fact, apart from C3, Wayne is a somewhat generic rapper (aside from his voice). Admittedly, he's a top-tier generic rapper, but he didn't innovate a whole lot.

Kanye, on the other hand, practically made hip-hop more creative (along with OutKast and M.I.A.).

Also, legendary suggests it has a legacy. No one talks about LFLS or C1 other than fans in reality. If anything, Kanye has 6 (well, 5 because Yeezus hasn't been out long) legendary albums. MBDTF is widely considered the greatest album of the decade.

Comment

Originally posted by WeezYIsCraaazY View Post
            If No Ceilings is legendary, every single Kanye album is top 10 of all time.

How are you gonna throw the term legendary around for a good mixtape?

S4TW and D5 are great? Really? A bunch of dick lines and boasty songs. Nothing special about them at all tbh.

In fact, apart from C3, Wayne is a somewhat generic rapper (aside from his voice). Admittedly, he's a top-tier generic rapper, but he didn't innovate a whole lot.

Kanye, on the other hand, practically made hip-hop more creative (along with OutKast and M.I.A.).

Also, legendary suggests it has a legacy. No one talks about LFLS or C1 other than fans in reality. If anything, Kanye has 6 (well, 5 because Yeezus hasn't been out long) legendary albums. MBDTF is widely considered the greatest album of the decade.
            Thankyou that was my point.
            I have spoke to many hip-hop fans and honestly half of them don't even mention C3, i have never heard anyone bring up any of the other Carter albums and call them "great", "classic" or "legendary".
            MBDTF is almost always spoke about when it comes to great hip hop albums, as it has great meaningful songs like Runaway, whereas C3 had meaningful songs Shoot Me Down, but they were more self-centered than what Kanye did

Comment

Kanye as a person who revolutionized the music industry?

Did you hear what he did to harder better faster stronger?

Comment

Originally posted by Nethurrr View Post
                Kanye as a person who revolutionized the music industry?

Did you hear what he did to harder better faster stronger?
                Such a redundant statement.

Comment

Originally posted by WeezYIsCraaazY View Post
                  Such a redundant statement.
                  its a thread about Kanye vs Wayne.. I just shared my opinnion on it, and on what I think of Kanyes influence to music. Running up and basically saying "I don't want to see ur opinnion that I can't agree with" in a fancy way is pretty mature.

but he didn't innovate a whole lot.
                  you don't read the blog do you, have you seen the quotes about Wayne section?

Kanye, on the other hand, practically made hip-hop more creative
                  How, exactly?

Also, legendary suggests it has a legacy.
                  Suggesting that Waynes not going to leave a legacy?

Comment

Originally posted by Nethurrr View Post
                    its a thread about Kanye vs Wayne.. I just shared my opinnion on it, and on what I think of Kanyes influence to music. Running up and basically saying "I don't want to see ur opinnion that I can't agree with" in a fancy way is pretty mature.
                    I'm just saying, how can you use an example like that to shoot down the idea that Kanye revolutionized music?

You're seriously telling me the difference between him revolutionizing music and not revolutionizing music was the song Stronger? It's just like me saying, "Wayne has made good music? Did you hear How to Love?"

you don't read the blog do you, have you seen the quotes about Wayne section?
                    What's a blog gonna do? I know Wayne did not innovate music massively; popularizing tattoos and syrup is not innovation. Using abstract ways to create music -- which is what Kanye has done -- is.

How, exactly?
                    As I stated before, the early 2000s was dominated by typical gangsta rap music. Kanye did a lot to change that with his music; he helped get rid of the elitist idea that a rapper needed to be ghetto to be 'real'.

In terms of the actual music Kanye's done a lot of things: taken from other genres, helped popularise sampling, taken from other cultures; to a less recognizable extent, he fronted the wave of thoughtful hip-hop: his songs are thematic, symbolic, nuanced, etc. I mean, he has an album that people refer to as his happy album. Then he has his heartbroken album. He has his socially critical album; his experimental album; his grandoise album (note in that order).

50 Cent, Eminem, Wayne had none of that.

Suggesting that Waynes not going to leave a legacy?
                    Wayne is gonna have a great legacy as a rapper and, dare I say it, artist. But he doesn't have albums worthy of a legacy, other than C3 and C2 to an extent.

Most of the great artists through the years have had defining albums: Miles Davis had Kind of Blue; Van Morrison had Astral Weeks; Kanye has many different ones. But Wayne doesn't. His music is not defined by his projects as such; rather by his collection of music in different areas.

I was just making the distinction that Wayne's projects do not have the same legacy that Kanye's do.
                    Last edited by WeezYIsCraaazY; 11-02-2013, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Wayne can be argued to be a better artist than kanye too

Punchlines are a form of creativity. Let's not forget Dr. Carter, does kanye have a song as creative as this?

What about gossip, where he incorporates the beat with his verses?

Wayne is a better rapper for sure.

As an artist, it's debatable but i'd still go with wayne, not by much though.

Comment

Originally posted by youngben View Post
                        Wayne can be argued to be a better artist than kanye too

Punchlines are a form of creativity. Let's not forget Dr. Carter, does kanye have a song as creative as this?

What about gossip, where he incorporates the beat with his verses?

Wayne is a better rapper for sure.

As an artist, it's debatable but i'd still go with wayne, not by much though.
                        People get confused with the artist argument, I think.

For me it's a no contest: Kanye wins.

Anyone who produces their music (if it's good, obviously) wins against someone that doesn't. (A director who writes his film beats one that doesn't).

Not only that, Kanye's production is so genius. It's not like J. Cole who fits his production nicely in the current rap style. Kanye is very bold with it.

As for your question about creative songs, I think Kanye has many; whilst they're not as creative on the surface, when you unpack his songs almost all of them have genius sparks of creativity (the choice of using a live version of Pinocchio Story, for example). Kanye has albums that blend as one -- whether it be social commentary, or just a general dark/light tone -- which is something Wayne certainly doesn't have.

Comment

Opinions everywhere

No one is correct or wrong

Lil Wayne Compliments From Other Rappers

Comment

Working...
                          X