Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 years later...is C4 more appreciated than when it was released?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 years later...is C4 more appreciated than when it was released?

So , when Tha Carter IV came out , a lot of people were disapointed. But now , as we aproach to a new Carter album , i can tell people appreciate it more. I've seen people in youtube comments wishing for this wayne (like they wish for c2 or c3 wayne in other songs) back and the common talk (this started happening mainly after 2012 and Wayne's worst decline lyrically etc)...
    So do you think it was slept on and people now realise its value ? Do you think it kinda still sucks ? Do you always liked it? Is C4 getting more love than before and is viewed more as a classic nowadays?

A little worse looking at what gives us right now. That era was the absolute worse
    Mississippi x California x North Carolina

Comment

It has definitely aged well.
      Official Lil Wayne Rap Genius Thread: http://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/lil...s-respect.html

Comment

Tha Carter 4 is awesome and so is SFTW, awesome era Wayne was really humble and everybody i knew loved his album and was bumping him however the beats sucked ass. 2012 on the other hand was a horrid year women's jeans, green uggs, constant pussy lines, shitty corny cheesy cringe-worthy bars and no album and one mediocre hype mixtape my god that year was bad i think Wayne was going through something terrible cause i just couldn't understand how he got away with some of those tracks, 2013 was OK and 2014 is excellent.

#FREEVELVET

Comment

It was the opposite for me. I actually really liked C4 when it dropped aside from the production and flow. So then what did I really like? John, 6F7F, Abortion, Up Up and Away, Novacane, and It's Good.

Besides those songs, idgaf about C4. I still think Rebirth and IANAHB2 are better.

Lil Wayne, Drake, Chance the Rapper, Skooly, Rich Homie Quan, 2 Chainz.

Comment

It didn't take me three years to know the album is good

It just took me one listen three years ago

Comment

I always liked C4 but maybe... it's underrated imo

Comment

I've always felt the album is underrated.

Comment

I don't really like the album

Comment

I remember someone making this thread last year.

Comment

It's a good album, that's it. Nothing more nothing less.

Comment

no lie but i'd rather bump c4 than c1

Comment

Working...
                        X