No announcement yet.

Moment vs Believe Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

moment had that annoying trap weezy flow that's all halting and jerky. some corny lines too. believe me actually sounds more like peak era weezy.. waaaay better lyrics too. new school fans seem to like moment better... old school fans like believe me better (although im sure there are a dozen of yall about to disagree with that lol)

anyway, believe me is a pleasant surprise. very very pleasant. he sounds confident again, like he is TELLING me his words, not ASKING me. he is actually painting pictures with his words again for the first time in a long time... rather than just spewing random bullshit pussy lines and raunchy nonsense. i can't exactly pinpoint what it is about believe me that puts it on a higher level than moment (and most other shit for years by him), but it's there and i fucking love it.
    Last edited by no_tom&jerry; 05-05-2014, 02:28 PM.

Comment

I cant choose...
      I think Weezy went a lil harder on Moment so I gotta say Moment

Comment

how can people really defend Believe Me?
        Yeah the song is alright but the beat is MADE for Drake, Wayne thrives off production that features more rhythem and more instrumentals
        Wayne seemed abit out of his depth on BM tbh

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by no_tom&jerry View Post
        moment had that annoying trap weezy flow that's all halting and jerky. some corny lines too. believe me actually sounds more like peak era weezy.. waaaay better lyrics too. new school fans seem to like moment better... old school fans like believe me better (although im sure there are a dozen of yall about to disagree with that lol)

anyway, believe me is a pleasant surprise. very very pleasant. he sounds confident again, like he is TELLING me his words, not ASKING me. he is actually painting pictures with his words again for the first time in a long time... rather than just spewing random bullshit pussy lines and raunchy nonsense. i can't exactly pinpoint what it is about believe me that puts it on a higher level than moment (and most other shit for years by him), but it's there and i fucking love it.
        Damn this post was so mixed

you are soo wrong with him painting pictures with his words again lmao
        but i agree that it sounded like he was TELLING us, i think that was his inflection though

Comment

i like both songs but im feeling believe me a little more than moment. rip rip

Comment

Originally posted by IANAHB2 View Post
            Yeah the song is alright but the beat is MADE for Drake, Wayne thrives off production that features more rhythem and more instrumentals

- - - Updated - - -

but i agree that it sounded like he was TELLING us, i think that was his inflection though
            yes, it was the inflection, but it was more than that; it was the subject matter and the way he lets thoughts form and punch lines land properly. and i do feel he was painting pictures.. the porch imagery, the girls pregnant with his drugs, the awesome nina fired line, etc. he's actually being clever again, rather than just spewing random raunchy/childish thoughts. i'm surprised more people can't see that. moment still has one foot in the IANAHB2 world, while believe me seems firmly planted in new territory - BETTER territory. it's almost as if he's going out of his way not to be corny.

Comment

Moment for me! Although Believe Me is dope, i still think Moment would have been better as the first single for the album!

Comment

yes, it was the inflection, but it was more than that; it was the subject matter and the way he lets thoughts form and punch lines land properly. and i do feel he was painting pictures.. the porch imagery, the girls pregnant with his drugs, the awesome nina fired line, etc. he's actually being clever again, rather than just spewing random raunchy/childish thoughts. i'm surprised more people can't see that. moment still has one foot in the IANAHB2 world, while believe me seems firmly planted in new territory - BETTER territory. it's almost as if he's going out of his way not to be corny.
                I think the beat for BM is just such a let down, definately not surprised its a Drake leftover

Comment

Originally posted by aarontropf View Post
                  Believe me wouldn't really have even gotten me hyped if it were a Drake blog song, like it was supposed to be in the first place.

Moment talks about CV, has NOTHING but Wayne, and is way more upbeat. I think this new song sucks besides Drake.

It is disgusting that they chose this as the first single.

i was kinda like what hell is htis dude talking about... and then i saw jon mayer sig.. and was like oh.. ths nga.. no wonder

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

the beat works for both of them.. it brings out drakes rude side.. and it has enoough menace on it.. to get wayne going...

for a first single.. to be that recklessly hard, and in your face>>>>

totally said fuck radio friendly. let get out there, and be as mean as possible. then wayne came out and spat one of his densest verses in awhile, every single line had seriouss body to it..

then for the single to come in 2 full parts.... and cos its drake and wayne... you know they have to play both parts.. for a longgg solid 4 minutes or whatever, theyre gonna own that radio... w something heavy.

moment was cool, and its fun... but believe me is a big song, bout as hard as ive heard a radio single in a longgg time. i really cant think of anything close.. not commercially at least.. lol im damn near expeting jadakiss on a remix.

- - - Updated - - -

lol ie, being himself. finally.

he spent so much time catering and pandering to an audience, he just slowed down foreverybody.

now hes rapping on his terms, and hes snapping again.

Comment

Originally posted by mode View Post
                    i was kinda like what hell is htis dude talking about... and then i saw jon mayer sig.. and was like oh.. ths nga.. no wonder

- - - Updated - - -

the beat works for both of them.. it brings out drakes rude side.. and it has enoough menace on it.. to get wayne going...

for a first single.. to be that recklessly hard, and in your face>>>>

totally said fuck radio friendly. let get out there, and be as mean as possible. then wayne came out and spat one of his densest verses in awhile, every single line had seriouss body to it..

then for the single to come in 2 full parts.... and cos its drake and wayne... you know they have to play both parts.. for a longgg solid 4 minutes or whatever, theyre gonna own that radio... w something heavy.

moment was cool, and its fun... but believe me is a big song, bout as hard as ive heard a radio single in a longgg time. i really cant think of anything close.. not commercially at least.. lol im damn near expeting jadakiss on a remix.

- - - Updated - - -

lol ie, being himself. finally.

he spent so much time catering and pandering to an audience, he just slowed down foreverybody.

now hes rapping on his terms, and hes snapping again.
                    no wayne's verse wasnt "dense" lma

Yall really overly defedning Wayne's verse on believe me and his second verse had such a lazy flow

Comment

no wayne's verse wasnt "dense" lma

Yall really overly defedning Wayne's verse on believe me and his second verse had such a lazy flow
                      it wasnt dense??

when was the last time you heard a wayne flow wound so tight like that?

then with such large ideas packed into a few words.

cmon fight these shell cases like a laywer nga
                      find out where you stay, and act like we found some oil nga
                      out of duct tape, so when he praying, i ignore the nga

where the real queens at? shout out capone and noreiga
                      we can shoot it out and see who live to tell the story later

it aint about what you walk away from, its bout what u walk away with...

its more implied meaning in this verse, and thats what creates the density,
                      when wayne raps at his best, hes less concerned with trying to make the punch line clear..

you either get the references, the ideas, the imagery, behind hte lines. or you dont.

either way hes gonna keep going, he was snappping on that first verse.

then in that second verse.. he just went into chant mode.. reminds me of his adlibs.. during the hot97 performance of john w ross..

just pure animal..

im with tom and jerry, think all the older fans gonna recognise that real wayne animal energy on believe me...

newer ones prolly gonna fucked w the more polished moment..

dont think its a question where the better rap performance is tho, thats believe me >>>>>>>>..

Comment

Originally posted by mode View Post
                        it wasnt dense??

when was the last time you heard a wayne flow wound so tight like that?

then with such large ideas packed into a few words.

cmon fight these shell cases like a laywer nga
                        find out where you stay, and act like we found some oil nga
                        out of duct tape, so when he praying, i ignore the nga

where the real queens at? shout out capone and noreiga
                        we can shoot it out and see who live to tell the story later

it aint about what you walk away from, its bout what u walk away with...

its more implied meaning in this verse, and thats what creates the density,
                        when wayne raps at his best, hes less concerned with trying to make the punch line clear..

you either get the references, the ideas, the imagery, behind hte lines. or you dont.

either way hes gonna keep going, he was snappping on that first verse.

then in that second verse.. he just went into chant mode.. reminds me of his adlibs.. during the hot97 performance of john w ross..

just pure animal..

im with tom and jerry, think all the older fans gonna recognise that real wayne animal energy on believe me...

newer ones prolly gonna fucked w the more polished moment..

dont think its a question where the better rap performance is tho, thats believe me >>>>>>>>..
                        Ok

I guess the first verse is a matter of opinion, I see why the first verse can be considered great
                        BUT

verse 2 was lazy as shit, he was literally just talking, you cannot defend how lazy he did that 2nd verse

Comment

Ok

I guess the first verse is a matter of opinion, I see why the first verse can be considered great
                          BUT

verse 2 was lazy as shit, he was literally just talking, you cannot defend how lazy he did that 2nd verse

that second verse is a different feel.. the beat slowed down right..

so what drake did, and drake had to fake it with effects, and rap the verse w more bombast..

bigger, more boastful performance.. like rapping large from your throat...

wayne can rap that big, it be slower, but the writing, and the flows still be incredible be tight.

w hardly any effort.. i imagine it like w the menacing feel over the music.. the first verse is him coming down ur neck...

the second is him like stalking you down.. eyeing you down type shit..

loool like if u had to face.. some voodoo as warrior doing some kinda fucked pendulum dance in front of you.

lool i wouldnt assume anything wayne is doing is just talking, for me.. realsing how good wayne is, never happens until you start learning the words and rapping with him..

then you see how much actual work it is.. to put those words together in the way thath he does.. on a beat.

hes practically yelling.. but he isnt.. and he can still bend it.. even at the end of his breath.

in the OVENFAME, PREEEEHEAT

lol he shouldnt have had the breath to do that, but its wayne. so anythings possible

Comment

Working...
                          X