Excitement heading back the other way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excitement heading back the other way

Sorry for long post, but bear with me... I got a lot to get off my chest and I feel like maybe some of y'all can relate....

I really wanted to like dusse, but I gotta admit to myself and y'all that this is actually making me less excited for c5 now. Believe it or not.

For me, "moment" sucked. I thought it was all cheesy as fuck IANAHB2 style flow (and the bad moments on d5). When I heard "believe me" I thought NOW THIS IS THE WAYNE WE NEED! And I thought to myself: moment didn't make the c5 cut because it wasn't good enough.

Now d'usse comes out and while I appreciate the freestyle nature of the track, I gotta say it kind of ruined my excitement a little bit. After believe me, cream, Miami bitches freestyle, fuckin problems and especially you song, I thought wayne was prepping us for a return to actual GOOD rapping. I feel the energy he puts out on dusse , but the flow is more of that twitchy, jumpy bullshit I can't stand. And the lyrics are... so-so.

I wanted so bad for this to be a new style... I thought he knew that people don't like his shitty trap style and was gonna change, was gonna grow up and rap like a professional again. He hinted at a change and now it's just more of the same old crap... With a few decent punch lines.

U know what it is? I just figured it out: this nigga don't sound COOL anymore when he rhymes. He doesn't just chill and float with the rhythm anymore. He sounds like a hopped up little bratty kid. Sounds like fucking Urkel rapping... Or a crackhead jumping from subject to subject every two seconds, lol. It's all so staccato and jerky, whiny and weird, like he's asking us shit instead of TELLING us. When he used to just riiiide every beat he was a true beast, now he sounds like a dork on the mic. Nigga needs to get some soul back.

Oh well... Maybe it'll grow on me, but I thank God I can always go back to pre-prison weezy for my real wayne fix. Stars can't shine forever, y'all.
    Last edited by no_tom&jerry; 05-16-2014, 12:14 AM.

Originally posted by no_tom&jerry View Post
    I really wanted to like dusse, but I gotta admit to myself and y'all that this is actually making me less excited for c5 now. Believe it or not.

For me, "moment" sucked. I thought it was all cheesy as fuck IANAHB2 style flow (and the bad moments on d5). When I heard "believe me" I thought NOW THIS IS THE WAYNE WE NEED! And I thought to myself: moment didn't make the c5 cut because it wasn't good enough.

Now d'usse comes out and while I appreciate the freestyle nature of the track, I gotta say it kind of ruined my excitement a little bit. After believe me, cream, Miami bitches freestyle, fuckin problems and especially you song, I thought wayne was prepping us for a return to actual GOOD rapping. I feel the energy he puts out on dusse , but the flow is more of that twitchy, jumpy bullshit I can't stand. And the lyrics are... so-so.

I wanted so bad for this to be a new style... I thought he knew that people don't like his shitty trap style and was gonna change, was gonna grow up and rap like a professional again. He hinted at a change and now it's just more of the same old crap... With a few decent punch lines. Oh well... Maybe it'll grow on me, but I thank God I can always go back to pre-prison weezy for my real wayne fix. Stars can't shine forever, y'all.

Miami bitches freestyle. SMH

Comment

Are u kidding me? That may have been a light hearted fun sort of song, but u can't tell me that shit wasn't well thought out, humorous and just chill like old wayne. He says some shit like: her name is Dominique, her pussy gets wet when u kiss her on the cheek...

Everybody cheatin, they on their roger Clemens...

And my personal favorite:
      She had a face like Appalonia, a body like nobody (sung), she on me like a hug, I said "whoa, kimosabe!"

Those are good fucking lines with heart and a coolness we don't get out of him anymore.

And look at you song, the way he tells the bathtub story... It's good shit.

Comment

Are u kidding me? That may have been a light hearted fun sort of song, but u can't tell me that shit wasn't well thought out, humorous and just chill like old wayne. He says some shit like: her name is Dominique, her pussy gets wet when u kiss her on the cheek...

Everybody cheatin, they on their roger Clemens...

And my personal favorite:
        She had a face like Appalonia, a body like nobody (sung), she on me like a hug, I said "whoa, kimosabe!"

Those are good fucking lines with heart and a coolness we don't get out of him anymore.

And look at you song, the way he tells the bathtub story... It's good shit.

The freestyle was dope, but look at his dreads. They were long as fuck. That freestyle was old as fuck SMH.

Comment

Doesn't matter bro. It's still shit that proves he is capable of rapping properly and writing dope verses... Remember before c4 came out and there was that weird rock band version of nightmares of the bottom? That was waaaay before c4 came out, yet it was still relevant. It's kind of the same thing with Miami bitches ending up on weezy Wednesdays.

We all know he can't freestyle for real, so when he whips something like that out it's generally considered to be something he's working on, or just wrote. When he writes something he considers special (or special enough to freestyle in rehearsal) it usually ends up somewhere. I'd put money on him having at least recorded a Miami bitches track for c5 sessions. He'd be smart to put it on the album cos it could totally be a hit with that crazy hook lol...

But most importantly, the lyrics are dope and old school.

***UPDATE: dusse is growing on me a litttttlllle bit. He's really selling it with that energy. Gotta give him that. Still want more real raps tho.***
          Last edited by no_tom&jerry; 05-16-2014, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Sorry for long post, but bear with me... I got a lot to get off my chest and I feel like maybe some of y'all can relate....

I wanted so bad for this to be a new style... I thought he knew that people don't like his shitty trap style and was gonna change, was gonna grow up and rap like a professional again. He hinted at a change and now it's just more of the same old crap... With a few decent punch lines.

U know what it is? I just figured it out: this nigga don't sound COOL anymore when he rhymes. He doesn't just chill and float with the rhythm anymore. He sounds like a hopped up little bratty kid. Sounds like fucking Urkel rapping... Or a crackhead jumping from subject to subject every two seconds, lol. It's all so staccato and jerky, whiny and weird, like he's asking us shit instead of TELLING us. When he used to just riiiide every beat he was a true beast, now he sounds like a dork on the mic. Nigga needs to get some soul back.

Oh well... Maybe it'll grow on me, but I thank God I can always go back to pre-prison weezy for my real wayne fix. Stars can't shine forever, y'all.
            I agree with you man..it sounds like he's trying too HARD. idk

Comment

most pointless thread. gtfo with that shit.

Comment

woat thread, its straight fire man, how you can put believe me over this

R.I.P DAD

Comment

It's true. Admit it motherfuckers. And if you're serious about these new songs being 'crazy good' then you must have become a wayne fan in 2012 or some shit cos that's the type of wayne you're used to so what's the difference to you now compared to when you started listening right?

Comment

I'm not really a fan of his "new" flow, so I agree about that. But his lyrics are dope. I feel he's rapping at least at NC level lately.

Lil Wayne, Drake, Chance the Rapper, Skooly, Rich Homie Quan, 2 Chainz.

Comment

i agree in some aspects except for Moment being cheesy Moment was the best Wayne song we have gotten since forever Dusse was aight Believe Me was the worst track ever and yeah

#FREEVELVET

Comment

there werent even any trukfit or pussy lines on this new song, how can you not like it?

Comment

Working...
                        X