X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Waynasite View Post
    Why do you like it better than d'usse?
    i'm not sure who you're talking to, but if it's me, here's my answer:

i like believe me better than d'usse because i feel like his flow and lyrics are more on point. every syllable in believe me is delivered to arrive with a punch, while d'usse is more like a sloppy freestyle (which is a style i love too, when it's done right). d'usse is more like: let's throw a bunch of shit to the wall and see what sticks... and lucky for wayne, most of it sticks except for a few clunkers (brick cannon, buzz/pollen, etc.) I LOVE some of the imagery in d'usse though: the lobster lunch with slim, the heartfelt part about his mother and how he just stops rapping for a second and repeats that he's gonna give her EVERYTHING... fucking beautiful. reminds me of 3 peat when he talks about her.

then again, believe me has some clunkers too (act like we find some oil - i hate that line, it's totally forced and not that clever IMO), but most of it is fire. michael jordan, noreaga, stumbling up the porch - and prob the best line of all: the nina/overslept shit. one of his best lines in a long ass time!

d'usse is not an album track tho. y'all wanna know what d'usse is? it's an olive branch. i posted this theory before but no one agreed with me. basically, the unspoken deal is "i name my freestyle single after your song to help you sell your product, and in turn you feature on the final carter album to help me sell MY product" i guarantee C5 has jay z on it... and you'll know exactly why. heard it here first.

Comment

Its a great song. Catchy, good flow, beat chill as fuck, his voice sounds so dope in it too, dope lyrics.

Who gives a fuck if u dont like it or if you dont think if its a classic?

Comment

I can't explain it, but I just love the song. I'm still playing it daily

Comment

Originally posted by Danny M View Post
          I can't explain it, but I just love the song. I'm still playing it daily
          Agreed, this and D'usse got very good replay factor for me tbh

Comment

How can you not enjoy a chill song like Moment?

Comment

Originally posted by Shake View Post
              How can you not enjoy a chill song like Moment?
              i love the beat, just think the lyrics are a lil cheezy and "wowzerz" flow is annoying

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Ozzie View Post
              Its a great song. Catchy, good flow, beat chill as fuck, his voice sounds so dope in it too, dope lyrics.

Who gives a fuck if u dont like it or if you dont think if its a classic?
              umm..... isn't that why we post on this forum? to discuss wayne music we like or don't like - and why.

i swear, i get so much hate on this forum for stating my opinions about new wayne, but at least my posts are always thoughtful and decently written. more than i can say for some of yall.

Comment

i like moment but i do like d'usse better

i dont wanna add believe me in this comparison cause that sounds more like a drake song to me whereas d'usse and moment are solo weezy songs

but the one thing i don't agree on is weezy using the wowzers flow

i think the flow weezy uses on moment is dope and totally different than wowzers

at least you can't say the lyrics are as bad as wowzers

Comment

Originally posted by Kushed God View Post
                  Im with the OP on this. Ok song but definitely nothing special. Don't understand why everybody hypes it up so much.
                  i havent seen anyone really hype moment up??

Comment

Originally posted by back on my bullish*t View Post
                    i havent seen anyone really hype moment up??
                    I see a good number of folks here put it over D'usse and Believe Me.

Lil Wayne, Drake, Chance the Rapper, Skooly, Rich Homie Quan, 2 Chainz.

Comment

He doesn't use that flow the whole time, but go to the point in the song I mentioned originally (2:10 I think) and then listen to wowzers (Tylenol PM, tired like a rim section). Same flow bro. It's that annoying new flow he uses. Whatever tho, I still have huge hopes for C5... This is gonna be an amazing return to form.

Comment

moment is a GREAT song fantastic on all fronts my favourite from the C5 leaks so far.

#FREEVELVET

Comment

i had to listen to moment in a while. Damn i put it again , and i think compared to all dusse and believe me (the only three new tracks we got) it's my favorite.

NEVER QUESTION GREATNESS
                          fellas!
                          maybe it's not your style , but i like that direction Weezy took with this track!

Comment

Working...
                          X