These new songs are good but.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These new songs are good but.....

There is something lacking, don't get me wrong im appreciating the music were getting and the effort Weezy is clearly putting in the recovery and growth from that awful period of 2012 both style and music wise has been amazing to say the least i just have one problem as far as the music goes.

If Krazy and Believe Me are the first two singles of the much anticipated C5 im not sure how to feel. They are both amazing tracks where Wayne has clearly put his energy and work into, full of creative lines and diverse subject matter something i personally definitely asked for and im glad to see happening.

but lets look back on his other albums and there first singles and give a analysis of a kind.

Lollipop may not be the best song lyrically but im sure it defined a time in a lot of our lives it has a more extended meaning it also holds more 'single-worthy' characteristics in that it is a 'universal' style song that everybody can enjoy something that i feel these new Carter 5 songs are lacking.

We need more rap songs like this just a steady stream of bars and flows i know most of the songs we have gotten so far have these characteristics the thing is they do not have the same 'solid' feel then previous album singles.

and last but not least SUBSTANCEEE!!!! none of the C5 session songs so far hold any deeper meaning what so ever! we need some more meaningful songs in order for this album to be taken more seriously.

What im trying to say here is that universally the singles were getting aren't very memorable. They are ofcourse fantastic songs and i am hyped as much as the next guy for Tha Carter V but we need to see some more solid music from Wayne as this is a 'Carter' album and shouldn't be treaded on lightly.

However, if this is the direction that Tha Carter 5 is taking i am absolutely not complaining as i have enjoyed every song to come out of the 'C5 Sessions' so far.
    Last edited by Zimmie; 06-30-2014, 04:22 PM.

#FREEVELVET

I see where you're coming from, but you just have to roll with whatever mind frame Wayne is in...

Believe Me took a minute to understand, but Drake's whole verse is practically praising Wayne, and it's gotta a great feel too it.

Krazy, is awesome lyrically. It's just like A Milli or 6'7 which has no real meaning and just hard spitting. We can't really judge the direction of C5 until we hear more of it.

The snippet with Mannie Fresh definitely sounds like a Carter-esqe song, but we don't know shit until it drops.

We are all a little afraid of what's gonna be on the album, because it's supposed to be his "last" solo album and everybody expects it to top past Carter albums.

I think if everybody stops comparing the albums, and accepts them for the kind of artist Wayne is now, it'll be much more enjoyable when the time comes.

Comment

they're still a LOT better than the shit he's been putting out for past couple of years

SPOILERinb4 the stans get butthurt

Comment

Damn Wayne easily makes the best music videos for his songs #FACT

everyone elses music videos are either all the same or no much thought put into them,, then you get waynes where the music video itself tells a story in a way
        R.I.P DAD

Comment

I don't even think we have an "official" single from C5 yet.

That's why we don't have any music videos.

I'm sure these songs are all leftovers and when the time is right Wayne will release a commercial singe.

Comment

look how successful 'a milli' was for weezy
            and thats exactly what 'krazy' reminds everyone of
            now we just need a dope ass video thats different than anything else for it

Comment

Originally posted by YMCMB357 View Post
              I don't even think we have an "official" single from C5 yet.

That's why we don't have any music videos.

I'm sure these songs are all leftovers and when the time is right Wayne will release a commercial singe.
              Believe Me is the first official single.

Comment

brah u crazy if u don't think wayne will put out a lollipop or how to love single before c5

Comment

Originally posted by Lil Waynes Height View Post
                  they're still a LOT better than the shit he's been putting out for past couple of years

SPOILERinb4 the stans get butthurt
                  this.

he making music his fans since day one wants.

Comment

Originally posted by WeEeEeEzZzZyYy View Post
                    brah u crazy if u don't think wayne will put out a lollipop or how to love single before c5
                    can't wait for that, tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by IAmChristian_ View Post
                      Believe Me is the first official single.
                      We don't know that for sure.

I don't think there will be a music video and I don't even think it will make the album =/

Comment

i seriously don't think believe me and krazy are tracks/singles from c5.
                        now that he announced TOA it fits perfect, i'm sure if the singles are for c5 they would have been on itunes after one or two days, not after a month lol.
                        and i'm sure TOA will drop before c5 to promote c5 so it doesn't make sense to release two c5 singles before we heard any full song from TOA.
                        so this thread is pretty pointless to me.

Comment

Working...
                        X