Sorry 4 The Wait 2 Official Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 2006WayneForever View Post
    Used To belongs on a damn album. What the fuck, bruh? LOL! Wayne should pick the tracks for his album and tell Cortez to stay the fuck away. I guarantee that in 5 years, I know "I" will still like Sorry 4 The Wait 2. I don't like the first one that much. But I never really did. So there's that. I didn't like No Ceilings that much when it came out. It actually had to grow on me. I guess I'm in the minority. Wayne wasn't spitting at his best. He just sounded way better than he did on Dedication 3. That's it.
    Straight facts

Comment

• Originally posted by dametri426 View Post
      but that was a c5 leftover
      Single was one of the dopest songs on No Ceilings and that ended up on IANAHB. So o think it's fair to toss Hollyweezy into the discussion

but then we still got Preach, U Guessed It, No Haters, etc.

Edit:
      "Chopper leave you with half a body
      No hesitation, no stall, like the bathroom crowded
      Chopper so big, so tall it could wrap around him
      Triple A, Astronomic And Atomic"

That no stall line >>

Comment

Used To belongs on a damn album. What the fuck, bruh? LOL! Wayne should pick the tracks for his album and tell Cortez to stay the fuck away. I guarantee that in 5 years, I know "I" will still like Sorry 4 The Wait 2. I don't like the first one that much. But I never really did. So there's that. I didn't like No Ceilings that much when it came out. It actually had to grow on me. I guess I'm in the minority. Wayne wasn't spitting at his best. He just sounded way better than he did on Dedication 3. That's it.
        get the feeling that used to was for the drake mixtape.

Comment

• Originally posted by mode View Post
          get the feeling that used to was for the drake mixtape.
          It definitely was. Which means they probably swapped features. Can't wait to hear what verse of Wayne's Drake put on his mixtape. I kinda hope Drake is spittin' fire like he used to on Mixtapes. It could refresh the digital game majorly.

Comment

• we wont know if this has staying power for a whjile, but i went back to it today and it is dope as hell. is it as good as NC? Who knows.. i think theyre very different. the best to compare it to is D3, and it shits on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by mode View Post
              the strongest nod i can give no ceilings is longevity. feels like that spun for years. but lyrically, beat selection, and overall, i got it behind d5 and s4tw2
              I respect your opinion as I think d5 & sftw2 are dope but you really trippin putting them above no ceilings.. NC is a top 5 Wayne mixtape IMO..watch my shoes, banned from TV, DOA , run this town, throw it in the bag, wasted, oh let's do it, that's all I have..
              I'm about to name the whole mixtape lol but bar for bar NC is still Wayne's best mixtape since dd3..sftw2 is a close second tho

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Theonlydjorkaeff View Post
              we wont know if this has staying power for a whjile, but i went back to it today and it is dope as hell. is it as good as NC? Who knows.. i think theyre very different. the best to compare it to is D3, and it shits on that.
              I agree. NC was just straight rapping.. Not a lot of auto tune but just raw rap. Sftw2 wasnt the same type of rapping but the bars were still there...miles ahead of d3

Comment

No. At all. Wetter sucks. Poke Her Face is equally as bad as Drunk In Love. And Sweet Dreams is nothing special besides Nicki's verse. I Got No Ceilings, meh. That's 4 bad songs right there. And what the fuck is he really spittin' on "Break Up". Did people just skim through this shit when they were listening to it the first time around? It's becoming more and more apparent how overrated No Ceilings was because of the time it was released. Period.
                That's what I been saying.

Lil Wayne, Drake, Chance the Rapper, Skooly, Rich Homie Quan, 2 Chainz.

Comment

• If No Haters had a catchy hook that broke up the verses a bit it would be radio hit worthy

Comment

• Originally posted by WeezyFTune View Post
                    If No Haters had a catchy hook that broke up the verses a bit it would be radio hit worthy
                    relax please lolol. thats the worst song on the tape

Comment

• Originally posted by thelittlebigKAHUNA View Post
                      I respect your opinion as I think d5 & sftw2 are dope but you really trippin putting them above no ceilings.. NC is a top 5 Wayne mixtape IMO..watch my shoes, banned from TV, DOA , run this town, throw it in the bag, wasted, oh let's do it, that's all I have..
                      I'm about to name the whole mixtape lol but bar for bar NC is still Wayne's best mixtape since dd3..sftw2 is a close second tho

- - - Updated - - -

I agree. NC was just straight rapping.. Not a lot of auto tune but just raw rap. Sftw2 wasnt the same type of rapping but the bars were still there...miles ahead of d3
                      i got no problem saying the highs of no ceilings were really good. theres a really strong 5 songs on there, but in terms of consistency, no way.

ill take uoeno and started over doa.. which i always felt like he didnt sink his teeth into just right.

i mean.. bar for bar? lol d5 crushes nc. thats some of his sharpest slickest lyricism since forever.. theres no levels on nc..

i do enjoy nc tho.. its probably his happiest project. which is fun and valuable.. but from rap perspective.. i cant put it over these last 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steveee View Post
                        Its top 5 to me

Comment

• Originally posted by Steveee View Post

Lil Wayne, Drake, Chance the Rapper, Skooly, Rich Homie Quan, 2 Chainz.

Comment

Working...
                          X