Do You Think Lil Wayne Is Greatest Rapper Of All Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Think Lil Wayne Is Greatest Rapper Of All Time

He Been In The Game For 15 Or 20 Years Wayne Had Huge Run From 2004 To 2009. Wayne Have So Many Mixtapes & Album Tha Carter Series Put Wayne In legendary Status He Been On So Many Features & Solo Songs. What Your Thoughts

Greatest rapper of all time? no
    The best rapper alive when he was at his prime? yes

I hate them thirsty bitches
    Cut them off like circumcision
    -Lil Wayne

Comment

Top 5 DOA, yes.
      Official Lil Wayne Rap Genius Thread: http://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/lil...s-respect.html

Comment

maybe if he died in like 2009
        but top 5 imo

Comment

I used to think that but idk Im startin to think drizzy the goat... 6🙏

protect dunston at all costs

Comment

When you recollect and understand as much as you can about him in relation to where hes come from , how hes grown,what he believes in, the range of music/flows/genres, and what he's done for hip hop, imo top 10 musicians of all time , i find it terribly hard to compare artists as well , but the legacy of dwayne carter is definitely one of the GOAT's, no question about it.
            Greatest 'rapper'(?) is a difficult and limited one tbh.

Comment

This age old question has really run its course I think. We're all vastly different people, can't all have the same thoughts exactly. People like things for different reasons based from different experiences. Some dude could have heard Beat Without Bass at a really good party getting dome so that memory sticks out. Maybe Eminem helped you (as a white boy) with problems with your friends. Tupac spoke on real problems while still managing to be "cool." He was more of a revolutionary leader than a rapper, even admitting that he used Hip-Hop as a gateway to reel in all the bad kids and then switch it up and try and talk some sense in them with uplifting music. Biggie Smalls had the I will kill you look, but could still make inspirational songs like Juicy that anyone could relate too. Some things are just too difficult to explain with words.

I think music is like another language in a way, like some songs have certain vibes and that's why you like them.

Lil' Wayne isn't really good at being the humble guy who brings up the youth, he's good at being the arrogant pretty boy with a Tony Soprano style family. He acts humble recently but really he's not, he's not humble at all. Look at him in a club for example and tell me where you see humble. He has definitely made great positive songs for society like Tie My Hands and Don't Shoot Me Down -- and I think he should really make more songs like these. He has more than enough potential to do more like this, and I think what's happening right now with him will let him blossom and do this.

Getting away from Baby will maybe take him out of that party lifestyle. The man said it himself that he wants to travel the world with his family. I mean how can you just party every day, that all is so fake and empty. You have to be such a certain type of a person to really enjoy doing that everyday. There's so much more to this world (in my opinion). He was introduced to hard drugs at a young age, I wonder how this affected his desire to escape every day in to a liquor and cannabis wonderland.

Think if he got away from all this empty stuff that he would change a lot, maybe collabo with artists like Lupe and sit down and make some music for the soul. Like when you listen to artists like Bob Marley you just feel good. There was a study done (this might be pushing it) that placed plants in a room with Beethoven and the other with some urban music. The plants with Beethoven grew tall and healthy while the plants fed urban music died quickly! Would be really dope to hear some lyrics not about shooting your uncle, eating pussy, smoking weed, popping bottles, selling drugs. Hedonistic lifestyle is for court jesters. Dwayne should get in touch with his spiritual side, and make some quality music. Stop being a damn fool.
              Last edited by nickiminajsitonmyface; 01-08-2015, 10:21 AM.
              המוסד למודיעין ולתפקידים מיוחדים

Comment

Originally posted by zTunechi- View Post
                When you recollect and understand as much as you can about him in relation to where hes come from , how hes grown,what he believes in, the range of music/flows/genres, and what he's done for hip hop, imo top 10 musicians of all time , i find it terribly hard to compare artists as well , but the legacy of dwayne carter is definitely one of the GOAT's, no question about it.
                Greatest 'rapper'(?) is a difficult and limited one tbh.
                it's more difficult to find the greatest rapper of all time , than puttin wayne in the top 10 musicians ever?
                nah man , as a musician , wayne is not in the top 50 , and for me no rapper goes in that list , except maybe kanye , who does a lot of other things too. Nevermind , I will speak for rap music here. Wayne is probably not the greatest of all time , but he's probably one of the best rappers alive (or of this era). His strike from 05-09 was unbelievable. Afterall , you can never declare something as the best etc. Every opinion is different...!

Comment

Top 10 imo

Comment

another that kind of topic. but the answer is no

R.I.P DAD

Comment

Greatest rapper of all time YES.

Not just rapper... Greatest musician of all time

Comment

I think we will hear/see the true Dwayne Michael Carter if he leaves CMR. He is still young with plenty of years ahead of him. So don't be too quick to judge.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Ozzie View Post
                        Greatest rapper of all time YES.

Not just rapper... Greatest musician of all time
                        This. Greatest musician of all time.

Comment

Working...
                        X