Wayne VS. Eminem: Battle of album sales on 12/21/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne VS. Eminem: Battle of album sales on 12/21/09

LIL WAYNE'S 'REBIRTH' WILL GO HEAD-TO-HEAD WITH EMINEM'S 'RELAPSE: THE REFILL'

According to reports, Universal Records has confirmed that they are delaying the release of Lil Wayne's long-awaited rock album, 'Rebirth,' and his forthcoming Young Money compilation, 'We Are Young Money,' yet again. Though the label has offered no explanation for the delay, the release date for the albums has been officially rescheduled from Tuesday, Dec. 15 to Monday, Dec. 21. It will now coincide with the re-release of Eminem's 'Relapse' album, 'Relapse: The Refill,' which will feature five new unreleased songs.

Wayne's 'Rebirth' has been delayed for months, but is said to feature appearances by Fall Out Boy and Lenny Kravitz. The Young Money compilation showcases the group's talented members Wayne, Drake, Nicki Minaj, Shanell, Jae Millz, Tyga, Mack Maine and several others, with guest appearances by Gucci Mane, Lloyd and Pleasure P.

Wayne, Young Money and Eminem all drop Dec. 21, so start saving.

Re: Wayne VS. Eminem: Battle of album sales on 12/21/09

Being as Wayne's album is an experimental type of thing, and Eminem's is going to be classic Shady I see Eminem winning this battle but not by much.

"Welcome to the murder show, I am the motherfuckin host"

Comment

Well, the refill is only 7 tracks, and 5 of them already leaked,Takin The Ball, or something And Forever.

And wayne's double disc will be 30 tracks or something.

D4! C4!
      LEGGGOOO!

..........................The world is in my hand smack the shit out ya with my other hand!

....................................................................................... CyHi !

Comment

forever is not going to be on the refill and I dont think take my ball (or whatever it's called) is either...

Comment

Eminem will win tbh, Rebirth is going to be such a embarrassment every song i've heard off it sounds actually terrible.

"A recent track list we (along with others) posted earlier for Eminem's upcoming "Relapse: The Refill" album turns out to be bogus. The false track list going around (shown below) was confirmed to not be official and incorrect.

BOGUS Eminem Track List
          01. People Make Me
          02. Taking My Ball
          03. Insult To Injury
          04. Outlet
          05. Carrington Pool
          06. Forever featuring Drake, Kanye West & Lil Wayne
          07. Stainless Ego "

I'm not hating, i'm big wayne fan but IMO, Rebirth is going to be awful, and thats why i think not many people will buy it...

Comment

You talk a lot for nothin'...We will see how will seem to be "Rebirth" with the single next week.I'm pretty sure Prom Queen isn't on the album,i'm sure the album is whole different,Weezy said that what leaked on the internet wans't like what is on Rebirth.
            I Think songs like at the end of the carter documentary "rebirth session" is more like we have to expect about this.

Comment

it dont make no dam sense they gonna delay the album like 10 times and then come out on the same day as one of the highest selling artists of all time what are they thinking
              "ITS WEEZY BABY STRAPPED LIKE THE NAVY RIDIN WITH A HALF A BRICK STRAPPED TO A BABY I BE GETTIN MONEY RUN A LAP IF YOU LAZY GRANDADDY PURP GOT ME TRAPPED LIKE MAZES BUNCH OF DIAMOND CHAINS LOOKIN LIKE A BUNCH OF LAZERS UNDERSTAND IM SHARPER THAN A FUKIN HELLRAISER"

Comment

Em is NOT going to outsell wayne and the young money comp. you all saw the numbers wayne did the first week with the carter III and im prettyyyyyyy sure thats not what em did

Comment

maybe people wont buy rebirth...but dey will get da YM cd...which means da rebirth is gonna sell no matter wut...weather u want it or not..u get rebirth,it sells....u get ym compilation,rebirth sells....its a win,win situation for da rebirth cd
                  "Full white top cup full of codeine mix
                  Still eat a couple rappers for my protein bitch
                  I'm on my so mean shit!
                  And you don't know me bitch
                  I do it for those who did it before me bitch
                  My goon is 'gon ride even with a slow leak bitch
                  And if we gettin chicken you get NO piece bitchh"

Comment

Originally posted by Young Money!24
                    maybe people wont buy rebirth...but dey will get da YM cd...which means da rebirth is gonna sell no matter wut...weather u want it or not..u get rebirth,it sells....u get ym compilation,rebirth sells....its a win,win situation for da rebirth cd
                    Nope its not a win win situation anymore:
                    "Update: Lil Wayne & Young Money Albums Separate
                    sources at Universal Records have confirmed the albums will hit stores separate."

Comment

Well considering Wayne's album is new material... and Em's is sort of a cash-in re-release.. I would hope and assume Wayne would win that sales battle.

Comment

Is this really a debate?

Lil wayne is going to blow that medication out of the water

Relapse re-fill is the exact same album with 5 new songs including the lame taking my ball and forever

Eminem fanbase shrink to like a 2/3rds of what it use to be

His not even on the billboards anymore, people don't even talk about him anymore like that

For crying out loud he wasn't even on the top ten rappers.

My prediction

Rebirth + Young money first week sales 600,000 - 1 Million (It's a double disc so it's time x2 in sales)

People must not forget rebirth appeals to 3 main genres Rap & Rock with a little pop. those fans do the most cd buying

Relapse re-fill first week sales - 150,000

Y.O.L.O

Comment

Working...
                        X