I'm that nigga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm that nigga

I really think I'm that nigga is an underrated and misunderstood song. People have called the production bad or amateurish, which (as a musician) I can say is simply not true. It's actually very complex musically. Listen to how many layers there are. You can hear wayne in the background all over the place and it sounds like the song is breathing or pulsating. It's as psychedelic as I've heard rap in recent memory.

I also think that because of this the lyrics are somewhat secondary to the beat on this track. It's almost like a collection of samples and buzz phrases - but not in a necessarily bad way. It sounds like what being in Wayne's head or in his dreams might sound like. Lol.

Its a a weird song in the way that I feel like dying was weird. Different vibe of course, but similar concept and goal here.

Whatever you gotta tell yourself to enjoy it buddy!

Comment

Originally posted by no_tom&jerry View Post
      I really think I'm that nigga is an underrated and misunderstood song. People have called the production bad or amateurish, which (as a musician) I can say is simply not true. It's actually very complex musically. Listen to how many layers there are. You can hear wayne in the background all over the place and it sounds like the song is breathing or pulsating. It's as psychedelic as I've heard rap in recent memory.

I also think that because of this the lyrics are somewhat secondary to the beat on this track. It's almost like a collection of samples and buzz phrases - but not in a necessarily bad way. It sounds like what being in Wayne's head or in his dreams might sound like. Lol.

Its a a weird song in the way that I feel like dying was weird. Different vibe of course, but similar concept and goal here.
      the hook is classic lil wayne but no one understands that.

Comment

Originally posted by TUNE KNOWLEDGE View Post
        Whatever you gotta tell yourself to enjoy it buddy!
        LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Lil wayne prezident View Post
        the hook is classic lil wayne but no one understands that.
        youre absolutely correct. And I feel like this song is a perfect example of the "creative" music wayne said he was making on FWA. It has a very unique sound imo.

Comment

I like it but I just think it shouldn't have been on FWA

How you go from MHRO & London Roads to I'm That Nigga? Then you got Psycho

Comment

I like the song but as legendarytunechi said, it really doesn't fit anywhere on the album which is why people probably hate it so much

Kind of like La La on C3.

Comment

one of my favs

Comment

Originally posted by no_tom&jerry View Post

Its like wayne's mantra repeating in his head lol. dope song

What comes easy, won't Last. What Lasts won't come easy.

Comment

still don't like it

Comment

No one talking about that Hood verse ?

Comment

its a turn up song only

Comment

Hood bodied his verse !!

Comment

Working...
                        X