• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoody baby hahaha

Comment

i don't know why but i always skip it when it comes on

Comment

I've thought of it as Wayne saying fuck everyone who says I say nigga a lot, I'm gonna say nigga all over this song and I'm gonna kill it

Comment

Originally posted by no_tom&jerry View Post
          I really think I'm that nigga is an underrated and misunderstood song. People have called the production bad or amateurish, which (as a musician) I can say is simply not true. It's actually very complex musically. Listen to how many layers there are. You can hear wayne in the background all over the place and it sounds like the song is breathing or pulsating. It's as psychedelic as I've heard rap in recent memory.

I also think that because of this the lyrics are somewhat secondary to the beat on this track. It's almost like a collection of samples and buzz phrases - but not in a necessarily bad way. It sounds like what being in Wayne's head or in his dreams might sound like. Lol.

Its a a weird song in the way that I feel like dying was weird. Different vibe of course, but similar concept and goal here.

Comment

i had to put it after Murda in the tracklist. didn't fit right going from MHRO to London Roads to I'm That Nigga...THEN Psycho.
            @ay_espo

Comment

Originally posted by 187JoshM187
              Replaced it with street chains. Too trash for my playlist
              street chains wasn't even album worthy. some good punchlines but some real clunkers too..... plus delivery is D4. weak sauce

JK. it's dope overall, but def has too much hashtag going on .. and too much 2012-14 style... but then its got some of the dopest lines .... its a tough call
              Last edited by no_tom&jerry; 07-14-2015, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 187JoshM187
                I feel the same way about it. It's overhyped but it has some good bars in it, like u said the flow/deliveries weak. But I'd rather have that then I'm that nigga in my opinion
                I'm good with Im that nigga tbh. It's got that manic wayne energy even if the lyrics aint perfect. just a good bit of fun. production dope too. def serves the purpose of the album better overall imo.

street chains 2:30-3:00 makes me cringe.

Comment

definitely a favorite its a great song and like u said, many layers to it

Comment

FINALLY understand why Im That Nigga is where it is on this album and I wouldnt let anything else take its spot.... Just playing the last verse on London Roads the most emotional Wayne line in years "If he didnt save that little boy there would be no Weezy"... & then the beat rides out into Im That Nigga. Its almost like Wayne was saying "But FUCK all that sad shit! I'm Lil Wayne & IM THAT NIGGA" and it turns back up..... Goat album with very intentional song selection.

Comment

Originally posted by TUNE KNOWLEDGE View Post
                      FINALLY understand why Im That Nigga is where it is on this album and I wouldnt let anything else take its spot.... Just playing the last verse on London Roads the most emotional Wayne line in years "If he didnt save that little boy there would be no Weezy"... & then the beat rides out into Im That Nigga. Its almost like Wayne was saying "But FUCK all that sad shit! I'm Lil Wayne & IM THAT NIGGA" and it turns back up..... Goat album with very intentional song selection.
                      u trollin or nah

Comment

Originally posted by TuneFromMoon View Post
                        u trollin or nah
                        Dead ass serious.... You think Lil Wayne wants an album that is going to make people cry & sound like a white girl album for half of it? I literally just played the end of London Roads a few times and I think Im That Nigga is literally only there to distract, move on, & clean the slate after the suicide attempt admittance. London Roads either needed to be the last song on the album or followed by a song like Im That Nigga.

Comment

Originally posted by TUNE KNOWLEDGE View Post
                          Dead ass serious.... You think Lil Wayne wants an album that is going to make people cry & sound like a white girl album for half of it? I literally just played the end of London Roads a few times and I think Im That Nigga is literally only there to distract, move on, & clean the slate after the suicide attempt admittance. London Roads either needed to be the last song on the album or followed by a song like Im That Nigga.

Comment

Working...
                          X