Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Birdman song ?

Fire Flame or that I Get Money ?

I understand you not liking I Get Money but how can you not like Fire Flame ?

Comment

No it made him stronger

Comment

What do you hear the most about wayne haters?
        his voice & lyrics, so basically this is what "ruined" in some ppls opinion, him..
        I personnally think what he released after jail was dope...up to a certain point ( IANAHB II & Dedication 5) were the lowest point of his career IMO but else than that, everything good (not acknowledging rebirth)
        Talkin' bout' M'$

Comment

Originally posted by Lil wayne prezident View Post
          and that hustle hard remix.
          swear. idk what happened between those songs along w/ Welcome to my Hood and a few others.. he stopped trying i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by YMCMB357 View Post
            What Birdman song ?

Fire Flame or that I Get Money ?

I understand you not liking I Get Money but how can you not like Fire Flame ?
            damn that i get money song with train was garbage

Comment

Yes it did.. Just like it ruined TI.. One of you mentioned that it was because he was complacement... Which doesn't make sense...this guy has been consistently evolving his style since he was a youngin.. Notice how we can distinguish when songs were recorded just by listening to them...this guy is so damn gifted he never kept the current style he was utilizing for more than 2 years..complacency would only be contingent on the fact that he had maintained whatever rapping form for an extended period of time... Jail fucked something up but it took him 3+ years to get incentive back...obviously he knows something we don't...

Comment

Originally posted by KnockMeOut View Post
                Seems like you're talking about popularity

Tha Carter IV sold a million in the first week and how many times platinum did it go? lol

Also IANAHB did like 200k or something 1st week no?

If you want an example of a rapper whose career was ruined by jail look at TI.

When Wayne came out of jail everybody was so hyped. For like a week after he came out so many random people kept mentioning it to me. Old Caribbean men being like "eh boi likkle wayne jus done come outta jail ya kno" out of the blue. lmfao. Exciting times they were.
                Not just popularity. Rap had changed by the time he left prison, the style of 808s and Drake were huge, completely opposite to what Wayne is.

Comment

no it probably made him a better person overall
                  i always remember him saying he learned how to be more patient while locked up
                  im sure he would of learned other things too while inside

Comment

I think everyone's overlooking the fact that since Wayne was in jail for 8 months, that means he went a full 8 months of no rapping. Yeah he was still probably writing lines in jail but as far as rapping to beats, he was cold for 8 months. And lets not forget wayne is a guy who is constantly in the studio everyday recording and that's how he stays sharp. Don't forget that's what separates Wayne from the pack. His constant recording and work ethic. That's why I think he was rusty from a flow and creativity standpoint when he came out. Think about it, he had about 10 years of straight recording almost everyday then he went cold turkey for 8 months. It was inevitable that he wouldnt be as good. That's like an athlete going 8 months without working out. OF course he's gonna be be rusty when he came out. Think about it. Wayne started that whole recording everyday in the studio around the year 2000, and it took him about 5 years to really get into a groove. Wayne went to jail in 2010...its now 2015. Once again it's taken him about 5 years to really get back into a groove again. It makes sense.

So yes jail time did ruin Wayne, but knowing wayne's work process, and common sense, it was inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by jhoya101 View Post
                      I think everyone's overlooking the fact that since Wayne was in jail for 8 months, that means he went a full 8 months of no rapping. Yeah he was still probably writing lines in jail but as far as rapping to beats, he was cold for 8 months. And lets not forget wayne is a guy who is constantly in the studio everyday recording and that's how he stays sharp. Don't forget that's what separates Wayne from the pack. His constant recording and work ethic. That's why I think he was rusty from a flow and creativity standpoint when he came out. Think about it, he had about 10 years of straight recording almost everyday then he went cold turkey for 8 months. It was inevitable that he wouldnt be as good. That's like an athlete going 8 months without working out. OF course he's gonna be be rusty when he came out. Think about it. Wayne started that whole recording everyday in the studio around the year 2000, and it took him about 5 years to really get into a groove. Wayne went to jail in 2010...its now 2015. Once again it's taken him about 5 years to really get back into a groove again. It makes sense.

So yes jail time did ruin Wayne, but knowing wayne's work process, and common sense, it was inevitable.
                      yes i completely agree with this.

people also need to keep in mind that waynes metaphors and wordplay was weak after jail because this man was locked up and not really able to stay caught up with society and whats going on in the world. waynes best at throwin crazy lines around about certain people in the world and relate it to whats going on in their life and still make some type of connection back to how its similar to what hes going through or talking about. he was locked away from reading news and watching sports all the time so he couldnt make references like he use to.

and yes rap changed completely while he was locked up and he wasnt able to hear that really until he was free

Comment

Originally posted by Freeweezy69 View Post
                        Now this isn't my opinion, I love Wayne but just a thought really...

before re he went to prison he realeased No Ceilings and people loved it and he went into jail knowing people still felt he was the best.

then the year he went rap changed as a whole, Kanye dropped one of the best albums ever, Drake became a massive name, Big Boi, Rick Ross, Eminem and Nicki Minaj were just some of the names who released big albums that year. If you weren't a massive Lil Wayne fan then in that year he was gone you couldn't be blamed to completely forget about him.

he then released IANAHB which was alright, had some good songs on there but again if you weren't a massive fan was a forgettable album.

It could be argued he went to jail in the worst year of rap for him as he came back to a lot of names being above him.

when he was released from prison his return wasn't anything special, his song with Birdman was terrible and his work rate wasn't as it was (which is understandable seeing as he was away from family for a year).

his then big album Tha Carter 4 was released and it's got very mixed reviews which then led to Lil Wayne trying to skate and release a clothing line.

if he didn't get sent to jail do you think things would of been different? I mean seeing how heavily he was into his drugs he could been dead right now.
                        To make a long answer short yes it basically did ruin Tunechi

Comment

i dont think so, his first 3 songs after he left prison are still my favorite from him ever since he's been out, idk what ruined him. but i really really really enjoyed his presense when he got out (like those first 3 tracks) he had the most badass voice ever on hoes and ladies, i wish he would've stayed sober like that actually. you know what, i think him doing drugs again is what ruined him. he needed waaynmore than 8 months to detox (considering all those countless countless years he's been using before then) that's my answer him doing drugs ruined him

Comment

Working...
                          X