Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wait.. Hollup... now let me get this shit straight...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait.. Hollup... now let me get this shit straight...

You have an artist like Lil' Wayne, who is currently rappin his ass off. Back to killing features like he has historically been doing since Bgs' album It's all on you vol 1. Spittin flames on his last few projects including the recent 2 Chainz project. Who constantly works hard to elevate and innovate in his craft. I'm talkin about a dude who in his prime was arguably the best in his field and who is currently spittin better than 99.9% of anybody else who is trying to do it. A certified living legend. Yet he receives nothing but criticism from fans and of course non fans alike for the most trivial of reasons like "I don't like his voice on that song" as if he hasn't been doin the same shit with his voice since 06, or because they feel he hasn't been able to "capture lightning in a bottle" so to speak by not somehow being able to invoke some sort of misguided feeling of nostalgia they felt when they first got into listening to him or even rap in general with his new shit.

And then you have a nigga like Drake...
    And mind you I want to start this off by saying I do in fact like if not love some of Drakes music. I even liked what he did in that playa haters anthem he put out a few years ago tellin bitches they could do better. But yet in still you have this nigga here, who is all but confirmed to not even be responsible for writing some of his shit, and he gets a fuckin pass. I mean really...
    This nigga got writers and he is treated as if he walks on water...WTF.
    I mean look bruh. The singing is not what I'm talking about because let's be honest here... sometimes dude be killin that shit. It's not even him being softer than a babies bottom because to my knowledge dude never claimed to be a gangsta. Nor is it the fact that he be basically simpin on wax on some joints. But he does claim to be the best at rappin, "never the flow tho, They know I run that". But we don't know if you wrote that. Im just saying, ain't apart of being a rapper or a lyricist even let alone having your name thrown into that hat of being called GOAT require that you write your own shit. I mean who was really up at 9am in Dallas.

Has the game changed so much that an "artist is judged by what he sells and not about how nice he is with the pen.
    If that's so Nas was right in 06.

Originally posted by nardysenior View Post
    You have an artist like Lil' Wayne, who is currently rappin his ass off. Back to killing features like he has historically been doing since Bgs' album It's all on you vol 1. Spittin flames on his last few projects including the recent 2 Chainz project. Who constantly works hard to elevate and innovate in his craft. I'm talkin about a dude who in his prime was arguably the best in his field and who is currently spittin better than 99.9% of anybody else who is trying to do it. A certified living legend. Yet he receives nothing but criticism from fans and of course non fans alike for the most trivial of reasons like "I don't like his voice on that song" as if he hasn't been doin the same shit with his voice since 06, or because they feel he hasn't been able to "capture lightning in a bottle" so to speak by not somehow being able to invoke some sort of misguided feeling of nostalgia they felt when they first got into listening to him or even rap in general with his new shit.

And then you have a nigga like Drake...
    And mind you I want to start this off by saying I do in fact like if not love some of Drakes music. I even liked what he did in that playa haters anthem he put out a few years ago tellin bitches they could do better. But yet in still you have this nigga here, who is all but confirmed to not even be responsible for writing some of his shit, and he gets a fuckin pass. I mean really...
    This nigga got writers and he is treated as if he walks on water...WTF.
    I mean look bruh. The singing is not what I'm talking about because let's be honest here... sometimes dude be killin that shit. It's not even him being softer than a babies bottom because to my knowledge dude never claimed to be a gangsta. Nor is it the fact that he be basically simpin on wax on some joints. But he does claim to be the best at rappin, "never the flow tho, They know I run that". But we don't know if you wrote that. Im just saying, ain't apart of being a rapper or a lyricist even let alone having your name thrown into that hat of being called GOAT require that you write your own shit. I mean who was really up at 9am in Dallas.

Has the game changed so much that an "artist is judged by what he sells and not about how nice he is with the pen.
    If that's so Nas was right in 06.
    firstly, put some breaks in these word's, they smashed together. In the back of my mind, gonna put that "S" on my chest, and in the same aspect, what's "wrong" with an artist's artist. Haven't "WE" evolved from an "artist"? She sure smelt good last nite, clinching her thigh's, exhausting her voice with deep moans she held back and said "Oh God"...

The art of life, and love is how you integrate the experiences you've been through, in the artistic way's of that media is presented.. Artistically she will continue to say "Oh God" and that sound (wish could record that duration) will be put away until "we" helped us allow her body to experiencing everything that "she was scared to experience".

If we create extreme wave's, then we end up playing the last track back, until we understand how to read these word's, hear the sound's and let the "artist" perform. Keep ya face to the rising sun. Below is a lil image. Image of what might have on the horizon.....

Wherethe stuff is the Inglip???
    Where's the Love?
    This can't be life?
    So Serious?

Comment

Originally posted by BloodKin View Post
      firstly, put some breaks in these word's, they smashed together. In the back of my mind, gonna put that "S" on my chest, and in the same aspect, what's "wrong" with an artist's artist. Haven't "WE" evolved from an "artist"? She sure smelt good last nite, clinching her thigh's, exhausting her voice with deep moans she held back and said "Oh God"...

The art of life, and love is how you integrate the experiences you've been through, in the artistic way's of that media is presented.. Artistically she will continue to say "Oh God" and that sound (wish could record that duration) will be put away until "we" helped us allow her body to experiencing everything that "she was scared to experience".

If we create extreme wave's, then we end up playing the last track back, until we understand how to read these word's, hear the sound's and let the "artist" perform. Keep ya face to the rising sun. Below is a lil image. Image of what might have on the horizon.....

Wherethe stuff is the Inglip???
      Where's the Love?
      This can't be life?
      So Serious?
      Uhhhh... ummm... yeah.
      I was so hoping for a thought provoking convo or even a spirted debated but uhhh... yeah thanks for blessing my thread with the free post non sense homie. hopefully someone with an opinion would join in but for now...

Comment

Originally posted by nardysenior View Post
        Uhhhh... ummm... yeah.
        I was so hoping for a thought provoking convo or even a spirted debated but uhhh... yeah thanks for blessing my thread with the free post non sense homie. hopefully someone with an opinion would join in but for now...
        love the way your mind retacted to that. Where's the blood flow??

Debate?
        Wanye great.
        Drake great.

honestly don't feel it make any "artist" different because he/she don't "write" own lines, for all you know might be dude underground just feedin line's and understand where they best fit, but don't need or want exposure..

There's a invoke for ya little hommie. feed that plant. make that mind bloom and feel the blood running through it

Why such elevated thoughts? What's really on the mind?

- - - Updated - - -

Love your reply. Honest and direct. Wheres the blood flow??

Debate??
        Wanye great
        Drake great
        And NAS great.

Why you elvate your words so agressively??
        They all artists and what it matter if they wrote there own material or not?
        For all you know could be a dude underground just feeding artists what fits them best. And doesnt need or want exposure.

The fact of capture lighting in a bottle is understanding the lightening that charge up inside.
        Its all energy, if your blood flow continues with the engery you present you gonna be exhausted fast. Hot air coming out a hot head. Hommie you got a fever? Love some ice cold lemonade!! Try a fresh squezzed glass, yall love it.

Edit: sorry had to use teo different screens to post then lost wifi. And posted again. And one thing. You were hoping for a certain kind of reply or post. Can only plan so much for life. Rest is unpredictable
        Last edited by BloodKin; 05-02-2016, 02:20 AM.

Comment

love the way your mind retacted to that. Where's the blood flow??
          Dont get what you are saying here...
          your last post was non sense or atleast irrelevant to the topic

Debate?
          Wanye great.
          Drake great.
          you are obviously missing the point of my entire post, I don't feel the need to reiterate, just read it again and this time try and be serious and open your mind a bit and you should get it

honestly don't feel it make any "artist" different because he/she don't "write" own lines, for all you know might be dude underground just feedin line's and understand where they best fit, but don't need or want exposure..
          the part about the underground dude is irrelevant, singers can have song writers because the artform being showcased is their voice tho it can be argued that the songwriting is also show cased but the talent there is the singing voice. In an art form where the showcase is the spoken word how is it not imperative that the one speaking be the writer. I mean talking isnt exactly an art form bro, babies learn to do that before they reach two yrs old. There is nothing talented about that, its the art of the writing and rhyming that makes hip hop special. So again how can one who doesn't write his own lyrics for a spoken word art form not be a big deal.

There's a invoke for ya little hommie. feed that plant. make that mind bloom and feel the blood running through it

Why such elevated thoughts? What's really on the mind?
          Again there you go sounding like a lunatic again, your post are barely coherent as is without you going on those little (and I'm totally assuming here) philosophical tangents of yours. Man just be real and speak and stop trying to be so animated. And The only thing on my mind is what I stated in the OP and also like I said I was hoping for a serious convo on the matter, nothing more and nothing less
          The fact of capture lighting in a bottle is understanding the lightening that charge up inside.
          Its all energy, if your blood flow continues with the engery you present you gonna be exhausted fast. Hot air coming out a hot head. Hommie you got a fever? Love some ice cold lemonade!! Try a fresh squezzed glass, yall love it.
          Again... more of that fuck shit... it is extremely hard to take you seriously bro
          Last edited by nardysenior; 05-02-2016, 02:35 AM.

Comment

little guy, take it for what it is, nothing more nothing less. you gonna keep the type writer in business, we understand. understand you feel that in hip hop not writing anything is less then writing to much, and speaking those words? Speech is very practiced. Ever listen to a heavy heavy metal band. They train their voices to sound and articulate like that.

What boils your blood is how you feel drake shouldn't be "recognized" like wanye or NAS?

Perhaps you should have took this "OP" into the Drake section? You seem to be hoping for what your not looking for here. Sorry though.

Edit:
            sorry to write this, thought just entered. Seem like a dude that would g0 t0 a comedy spot, but not laugh. Then why would you even attend?

OP: pass the POST test? did stay on topic and not lose focus of the general idea? Most importantly were you pleased with the development delivery and overall creativity? ???
            Last edited by BloodKin; 05-02-2016, 03:11 AM.

Comment

little guy, take it for what it is, nothing more nothing less. you gonna keep the type writer in business, we understand. understand you feel that in hip hop not writing anything is less then writing to much, and speaking those words? Speech is very practiced. Ever listen to a heavy heavy metal band. They train their voices to sound and articulate like that.
              Again, barely coherent , still full of irrelevant points and dry attempts to be funny, hip hop and metal is apples and oranges bro

What boils your blood is how you feel drake shouldn't be "recognized" like wanye or NAS?
              I wouldn't exactly say my blood is boiling but I do see where you were going with that, non the less still wrong, my point was simply how is it excepted that he has writers and still be regarded as great rapper period

Perhaps you should have took this "OP" into the Drake section? You seem to be hoping for what your not looking for here. Sorry though.
              Now you may have a point there. I honestly wasnt sure as to where I should post this but in hindsight I should've put it there... maybe I can get a mod to move it

@Danny M @Wisheezy @EastsideBoi89

can one of you guys move this thread to the drake sub section for me please

Edit:
              sorry to write this, thought just entered. Seem like a dude that would g0 t0 a comedy spot, but not laugh. Then why would you even attend?
              wow I am surprised you would make that assumption but yet again you are wrong. I love comedy and love to laugh,the weak trolling you were doing just wasn't funny,and also if I may make an assumption of my own, it would seam that if someone post coherently or as if they have any intelligence at all they are being overly serious or as you put it with elevated thoughts or words which says alot about you and your intelligence level, in other words you come off as an idiot, yet in still all is irrelevant to the thread

OP: pass the POST test? did stay on topic and not lose focus of the general idea? Most importantly were you pleased with the development delivery and overall creativity? ???
              I see what you did there, seams almost as if Im getting under your skin or "making your blood boil" because now you are trying to insult me, for the record sarcasm is very funny to me when done right, your shit is just dry man, you are corny as fuck. is theire some sort of language barrier here or are you trying to come across as a retard
              Last edited by nardysenior; 05-02-2016, 03:47 AM.

Comment

Love and respect your opinion. Metal and hip hop have speaking in common. They underlay a message. As for all those other words, thanks for the encouragement. the more content the better the development. might just need a punch line for.. to develop an artist someones gotta play the part, if not rap.
                You made me cry when my eyes strolled across you word retarded. Dry is nice, aint trying to flood the ink a piece of paper just yet. Yes language is a barrier, but over developed words penetrate. Good job. Honestly the more content the better. Good job. You deserve to see the debate is where you were "hoping" it would go. lets pray for you and youll get someone who tickles your ego just the way you want it. Good job by the way, kiss it better .

Comment

OP actually tried to have an intelligent conversation with a mentally retarded person hqdefault.jpg

Comment

@nardysenior
                    bruhh, you can't talk with BloodKin, he is retarded, his posts don't make sense lol

And yes, everything changed.. Rappers who sell and who are loved by bigger margin of population are rappers that went mainstream.

Wayne went mainstream with Lollipop, and sold 1 million first week.

Drake is always mainstream, that's why he has so much appeal within people..

Wayne is not mainstream nowadays, even if he wants to be he can't, because of his situation..

And most people don't care about lyrics anymore, that's why you got Panda at #1 Billboard right now.

I gotta say I'm mostly one of those people, I just want a good beat and some catchy shit, that's why I don't listen to 90's hip hop, it's always same beat with poetry.. (there are exceptions like Still D.R.E.)..

Comment

Drake don't even write his raps

Comment

OP fed the troll [MENTION=75037]BloodKin[/MENTION]

Comment

Working...
                        X