"So Dedicated" Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "So Dedicated" Appreciation Thread

Okay. We have to talk about this. It's about to be 4 years since Dedication 4 dropped and, although this is a song on a project that's candidate for worst Lil Wayne Mixtape of all time, this song stood the test of time for me, undoubtedly (Pardon all the commas. I had to end that sentence in a dignifiably laudable manner. *Clears Throat* However, I shall emphatically and parenthetically digress.).

Although it's allegedly and presumptuously (On my part, any how.) not even considered that much of a standout in his overall catalog, I think it was proof that Wayne was never an artist who could specifically show out and exude absolutely irrefutable ambition with optimally maximum effort implemented into a contemporarily sonic output inkling within his illustrious career's oeuvre (Archival body of work.). As of now, for me, while I recite the words in my head like a performance-piece-styled soliloquy monologue, mind is jogged at how mightily daunting it really is that an artist of his caliber while at that age in his life and during that point of his career; that he could drop a track with so many quotables.

Everything from the brash and sordid way it opens up with him solidifying the comeback status he was trying to convey("She so sophisticated. She'll catch a nigga nut and then refrigerate it!"), to the little punches in the climactic middle section ("Don't need no H.I.V. Don't want that Honeymoon In Vegas. It's YMCMB! THE FUCKING ALPHA AND OMEGA!") to the triumphant end ("Write your name on a bullet. That's a Deadication.....4!") is what accenctuates an aesthetic that was vividly depicted through stellar audio and lyrical representation.

It was reminiscent to that of The Second Buster Douglas vs. Michael Tyson Fight. At the point when we were saying he lost all his juice. Bottom line, he just needs A1 production throughout a whole project to make one last classic. I honestly couldn't care less if it was "Tha Carter V" or otherwise.

This was Late 2012! Dayum! Think about this. If this was on D2, it'd be a Top 5 Track. So many double and triple-entendres on this song. He has so many of "THESE" in the stash that it's crazy. I'll never pay to see that boring and predictable nigga live. But there's hope for Studio Weezy, I guess. If he can drop a project full of "THIS" type of timeless and classic heat. Today is the day we declare this the first glimpse of him displaying "Comeback Kid"-like characteristics on wax.
    Last edited by 2006WayneForever; 08-28-2016, 01:22 PM.

D4 drops on 3 september

Comment

The reason I hate D4 so much, is because this is on it. If this song wasn't on it, I would call it wack and keep it moving. But it's on there and every other song don't come close.

Comment

oh look its been a few years since d4 was released so that means everyone is gonna start calling it an underrated project and how every song is very good. next year it will be d5

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer View Post
          oh look its been a few years since d4 was released so that means everyone is gonna start calling it an underrated project and how every song is very good. next year it will be d5
          The only difference is, D5 is as good as they'll eventually be declaring it to be by then. Another two years, and it might even age as a borderline classic. D4 still sucks. It will next year, too.

Comment

dope verse

i wish he rapped longer on that ross beat

d4 is dope as fuck tho

Comment

fuck a six pack, six bullets give ya six stomachs

Comment

The HIV line was crazy

Comment

Classic song on classic mixtape

Comment

Dope song and there is some more goodies on the tape. OP got some hard out writing. Nigga explains the anatomy of the vagina in this post or something

Comment

Vagina is a wonderful thing.

Comment

i never understood the d4 hate. the only wack song he was on was no lie

i honestly think ppl hate on it because of the cover, and im so serious. i remember ppl prejudging it when the artwork came out cuz it was cartoony and represented skating.

he was spittin on d4. it was literally the only thing i played for a month and some change. i hadnt heard any other music lol
                        "Armed and dangerous, rich and famous, young and restless
                        Guns and stretchers
                        Cristal and dubs for breakfast
                        I just got one suggestion - none should test him
                        'Cause cuz get hectic; send one through your sons intestines
                        Glocks knock lungs from chests, you get the portrait?
                        Bodies piled up on porches, it won't be gorgeous"

Comment

Working...
                        X