Originally posted by KnockMeOut View Post
    Where'd you get that?
    YMCMB's Mack Maine Charged With Sexual Battery, Turns Himself In

mack maine is a piece of trash

Comment

OP is Mack Maine himself???

Comment

Originally posted by YaBoyInThe505 View Post
        Only song I found lackluster was Problems but overall I'd say Mack did a great job with the song selection.
        Definitely.

Lil Wayne, Drake, Chance the Rapper, Skooly, Rich Homie Quan, 2 Chainz.

Comment

^his voice in the background is enough to make me listen to problems. idk why people seem to dislike it here

Originally posted by Lucifer View Post
          Ah, that was the year I wasn't following Wayne et al.
          Fucked up, but all I'm interested in is how he manages Wayne's business.

SPOILERthis made me laugh though
          �turned around and punched her in the jaw, sending her flying out of the bus.�

Comment

so you're happy he removed mannie fresh off 'start this shit off right' and did the vocals himself with no energy at all??

Comment

Originally posted by KnockMeOut View Post
              ^his voice in the background is enough to make me listen to problems. idk why people seem to dislike it here

Ah, that was the year I wasn't following Wayne et al.
              Fucked up, but all I'm interested in is how he manages Wayne's business.

SPOILERthis made me laugh though
              “turned around and punched her in the jaw, sending her flying out of the bus.”
              Idk, maybe I just have to listen to it more, but it doesn't stand out like everything else does for me.

Lil Wayne, Drake, Chance the Rapper, Skooly, Rich Homie Quan, 2 Chainz.

Comment

it's not just the interludes with Cita, which are amazing, but it's the flow of the album as a whole. Certain songs/moods are grouped together logically. Think about how Mona Lisa ends and What About Me begins from the ashes... that's a good fucking sequence right there. The mood of this whole project shifts naturally.

Starts off on a definite serious, down note, which gradually crawls upright (via Dedicate) into the triple gut punch of Uproar, Let It Fly, Can't Be Broken...

Then we take a spacey breather with Dark Side.

Then Mona Lisa, the showcase of sorts, which ends literally with a bang (suicide) and gives way to What About Me, which leads to another serious string of songs with Open Letter and Famous.

Then Problems acts as the connective tissue between emo and street, delivering us back to hard rapping with... Dope Niggaz, Hittas, Took His Time (replete with beautiful hook), Open Safe, ending this victory lap with Start this shit off right, taking us all the way back to the old school.

Time to wake up. We are back in Wayne's mind with the two most experimental cuts side by side: Demon and Mess.

The melodic nature of Mess moves beautifully into the soulful Dope New Gospel, which yields to arguably the best melodic rapping of Wayne's career: Perfect Strangers. He finally nailed this sound perfectly after all these years!

Then a quick reminder that Wayne is street as fuck with Used 2, thereby offsetting the emotion which flanks it -- the aforementioned Perfect Strangers to the left; the show stopping finale, Let it all work out, to the right. End with Cita's voice... and it's a (w)rap!

Perfect 10? Possibly.

Comment

Originally posted by no_tom&jerry View Post
                  it's not just the interludes with Cita, which are amazing, but it's the flow of the album as a whole. Certain songs/moods are grouped together logically. Think about how Mona Lisa ends and What About Me begins from the ashes... that's a good fucking sequence right there. The mood of this whole project shifts naturally.

Starts off on a definite serious, down note, which gradually crawls upright (via Dedicate) into the triple gut punch of Uproar, Let It Fly, Can't Be Broken...

Then Mona Lisa, the showcase of sorts, which ends literally with a bang (suicide) and gives way to What About Me, which leads to another serious string of songs with Open Letter and Famous.

Then Problems acts as the connective tissue between emo and street, delivering us back to hard rapping with... Dope Niggaz, Hittas, Took His Time (replete with beautiful hook), Open Safe, ending this victory lap with Start this shit off right, taking us all the way back to the old school.

Time to wake up. We are back in Wayne's mind with the two most experimental cuts side by side: Demon and Mess.

The melodic nature of Mess moves beautifully into the soulful Dope New Gospel, which yields to arguably the best melodic rapping of Wayne's career: Perfect Strangers. He finally nailed this sound perfectly after all these years!

Then a quick reminder that Wayne is street as fuck with Used 2, thereby offsetting the emotion which flanks it -- the aforementioned Perfect Strangers to the left; the show stopping finale, Let it all work out, to the right. End with Cita's voice... and it's a (w)rap!

Perfect 10? Possibly.
                  no such thing as a perfect 10 brah

Comment

Originally posted by no_tom&jerry View Post

Perfect 10? Possibly.
                    not a perfect 10 (is this a pink floyd album ? hahaha) but it's so goood!
                    Also damn , I'm a fan suddenly , your posts are such a good read

Comment

Originally posted by Black00 View Post
                      not a perfect 10 (is this a pink floyd album ? hahaha) but it's so goood!
                      Also damn , I'm a fan suddenly , your posts are such a good read
                      thanks bro. Only perfect 10 imo is Drought 3. C2 C3 C3 sessions D2... those are all high 9s. I think C5 is a solid 8.5 with room to grow. I gotta be straight with y’all.. there’s not a whole lot to dislike about this record. It’s fire �� cover to cover

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer View Post
                        did he do any jail time?

Comment

I�m not tryna be a hater but I think Mack could of done better with the track list.

Comment

Working...
                          X